Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Video Editing software..

Hunting Video Editing software..

Im going to take a stab at trying to video my hunts this coming season.. Was wondering what are you guys using on your computers to edit your vids and add music title screens etc. not looking for anything professionsl just easy to use and have fun with it.

2010 MATHEWS Z7 / 70# 28.5"
    TRUGLO - MICROBRITE DOVETAIL 5PIN .10
    VICTORY VFORCE 350 AND A 100GR RAGE CHISEL TIP WARHEAD
    TEAM#5 HARDWOODS HEART STOPPERS

I'm using Pinnacle
    2012 Elite Answer
    2011 Quest Smoke

Sony has some good stuff. They have a Movie Studio product line that is similar to their Vegas app. I use Vegas but unless you do a lot the cheaper ones will work fine. Sony does offer a 14 day trial offer so you can see if it's for you.
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/homestudio

There is also a free editor called Lightworks that is not too bad.

http://www.lwks.com/

They have free tutorials.

Not wanting to pay for anything, I use Windows Movie Maker.

Are u guys using desktops or laptops to do you're editing? What brand? I ask because I have filming a couple seasons now and have always sent my footage out to be edited. But this season I'm doing my own thing

Adobe premiere pro and after effects...cs6

CS6 Master Collection and Vegas. Mostly Photoshop and AE then finish in Vegas. Vegas is much faster and easier to use than Premiere for me.

I am using desktop Windows 7 on a PC I put together. Haven't bough a branded PC since the 286 processor days. You will need a 4 core or better machine to do things and not bog down in Vegas or anything higher in performance like AE. It's rough working on video with a laggy PC.

I use Adobe Premier and Pinnacle. adobe is great, but expensive. Pinnacle is fairly cheap and will likely do eveything you could want for hunting videos. I edit on my desktop and laptop at times...using an external hard drive. If you only want to do really basic cutting and clipping, titles, overlays, music... just use movie maker, it's free with microsoft office pack.

dont know if you have a mac or not but im using imovie right now and it does fine but i really wanna try the campbell editing software.
    Black 2014 Bowtech RPM 360 29/70 AXT Sight, QAD Rest, Octane Stab and Quiver.
    Black 2013 Bowtech Experience 29/70 G5 Sight, Trophy Taker Rest, Octane Stab and Quiver.
    Carbon Express Maxima Reds, 3 Blade Rages.

I appreciate the comments.. Im no pro or anything. Think I might try my hand at that microsoft movie maker. Maybe if I get the hang of it and like it well enough I will go into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikhonda View Post
    I appreciate the comments.. Im no pro or anything. Think I might try my hand at that microsoft movie maker. Maybe if I get the hang of it and like it well enough I will go into something else.
    Movie Maker will work in a pinch but it definitely wouldnt be my first choice. I am using Magix Movie Edit Pro MX Plus and for the price its pretty awesome. I think its under $100. Its very easy to use and has some pretty good features.
    Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout -70lbs-28.5 DL-305 FPS
    DeerCrossingArchery ~Use XPO10 for 10% off DCA orders!~
    XtremePursuitOutdoors

I've been using Adobe Premiere. I've thought about upgrading from time to time, but I really see no need to at this time for what I'm doing. Here is a sample of a video I edited of the 180incher I killed last bow season;
    http://trophypursuit.com/chris/2012/...ideo-part-1-2/

Here is one of the better turkey hunts I've had on film;
    http://trophypursuit.com/chris/2012/...nd-tagged-out/
    The Hunt Never Ends at Trophy Pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by B52CrewChief View Post
    I'm using Pinnacle
    Same here.

Probably took less than ten minutes to throw this video together...

Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

how much does pinnacle cost?

How much does Pinnacle cost?

There's different Pinnacle packages you can buy. From basic Studio HD to Studio HD Ultimate Collection. It runs from $60 to $100 depending on what package you buy. The basic Studio HD will be plenty for the guy editing at home. The middle option Studio HD Ultimate has a few more features that are nice the Ultimate Collection come with things you'll probably never use, like a green screen. I've been running Pinnacle since version 8, they are now selling version 15. My current computer has Studio HD Ultimate Collection v.14

It's pretty easy to learn, although at first it seems overwhelming. Once you get the hang of it, very nice software to work with.
    Steve

The best of the best is Sony Vegas

P.S. If you buy Pinnacle, get the CD. Don't do the on line download. If something happens to your computer it a pain to get the software back. I learned the hard way, TWICE. plus the download is pretty big and it can take a while even with a high speed connection.
    Steve

Great video and what a monster! Nice job. Like you said in the video, I can't believe how far he went, the hit looked great. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot150 View Post
    I've been using Adobe Premiere. I've thought about upgrading from time to time, but I really see no need to at this time for what I'm doing. Here is a sample of a video I edited of the 180incher I killed last bow season;
    http://trophypursuit.com/chris/2012/...ideo-part-1-2/

Here is one of the better turkey hunts I've had on film;
    http://trophypursuit.com/chris/2012/...nd-tagged-out/

Quote Originally Posted by adventuregeorge View Post
    Great video and what a monster! Nice job. Like you said in the video, I can't believe how far he went, the hit looked great. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by mikepahl318 View Post
    The best of the best is Sony Vegas
    I'll second that. I have tried them all and really wanted Premiere to work for me because of the AE integration feature (Dynamic Link) but I find myself going back to Vegas to work.

But apps are like a bow or a vehicle what's best for one isn't best for another. Anyone looking should try them all before you buy and don't base it on what others are using or like.

You can download trial versions of a lot of the programs for free. Seems like they give you 90 days or so, plenty of time to work on a project or two. Try different ones for free before you spend any money. I wound up buying Sony Vegas a few years ago after playing with multiple programs.
    J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBirdVA View Post
    Sony has some good stuff. They have a Movie Studio product line that is similar to their Vegas app. I use Vegas but unless you do a lot the cheaper ones will work fine. Sony does offer a 14 day trial offer so you can see if it's for you.
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/homestudio

There is also a free editor called Lightworks that is not too bad.

http://www.lwks.com/

They have free tutorials.
    Is the lightworks totally free, or is it a free trail?

Perfect timing on this thread - I was wondering the same thing.

Are there some programs that are better than others in terms of the quality of the finished product? Having the content come back out in a crisp 1080P is big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikhonda View Post
    Movie maker is easy and is what I have used. I have a buddy helping me and he uses Vegas, and it looks like it is a lot more powerful. imay try my hand at Vegas this weekend.
    Trinity Archery, Inc.
    "There is nothing more stable than the Trinity"
    www.trinityarchery.com
    Hebrews 11:1 - Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast