a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Answer String Problem Fix

Elite Answer String Problem Fix

I bought an Elite Answer and after about 300-500 shots the serving completely separated on the lower cam. I emailed Elite and they stood by their product and provided me with a new string and cable immediately. I have read a few posts about other people having the same problem. Did a new string from Elite fix the problem or did you need to go to an aftermarket string? I love my bow, its awesome and I recommend an Answer to everyone. A friend of mine has been throwing the idea around of getting one but wants to know for sure that he isn't going to have to replace strings.

I used to work at an elite dealer and everyone of their new bows that they test shot the very same issue,, so yes,, the strings are junk... Best to buy good aftermarket strings as long as they are not what elte used which were Ninja bowstrings... I just bought an answer myself and am in the same boat... Looking at Johns customs and maybe Stage 1 .... Whoever isn't too busy,,, both great companies...

Does putting a quality aftermarket string on the bow solve the problem?

At The Foot Of The Appalachians in East,TN
    I had Breathn (John's Custom Strings) make my strings & I've had no problems. I love my Answer too !!

Yes a new custom string will solve the problem. A replacement string from elite will do the same thing again. Replacing a crap string with crap won't fix your problem. This has been a known issues since the answers first came out and the stock threads are still junk.

I was told by Elite that the servings are too thick on the strings that are breaking and are now being replaced with Halo serving, which should fix the problem. They're not sending you the exact same string out that has given people a problem. With that being said a set of customs is never a bad idea.

Do custom strings void the warranty?

I don't believe they do but they have to be 452X material

Quote Originally Posted by Gangster II View Post
    Do custom strings void the warranty?
    No. Just as long as it's 24 strands of 452X. States that in your owners manual and on Elite's web site.

A new set of VaporTrail strings with Halo end sercving and Majesty center serving made all the differece with my Answer.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

My setup......E35, 60# with a TorqueLess Grip, JBK strings, QAD rest, Tru Glo sights, and a cheap, light weight stab.

For such awesome bows, Elite strings...2011 models on....are not of quality. My Pure string got fuzzy and the serving wasn't very good after no more than 150-200 shots....and I am a stickler for waxing....

G

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    No. Just as long as it's 24 strands of 452X. States that in your owners manual and on Elite's web site.

A new set of VaporTrail strings with Halo end sercving and Majesty center serving made all the differece with my Answer.

Skeet.
    I do believe that Pete went on EAF and stated 26 strands of 8190 is acceptable.
    "Your Legacy is made between Yesterday and Tomorrow"
    "Here We Go Paw Paw!"-Shelby Stanga

I had the same problem with my strings. I just bought strings from Brad at 60x and it fixed the issue. I was going to get custom color strings any way. Couldn't be happier with my Answer.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." ~Unknown~
    Lowering standards increases success rates!!
    Lefty Elite Answer 27.5" DL, 62# DW (Red Speed Mods) 426grain Victory VAP w/SS Penetrator FOC 17% . That's right I'm a lefty.

i got a custom set on my answer after the stock ones started to get ate up and my stock ones are getting eaten not gonna say much more already called my dealer and it is goin in tomorrow hope to get this resolved i am tired of havin bow issues these things cost too damn much money!

they use 3d servings..they dont like letoff tracks..they will seperate with it on some..best to at least have halo on the cables..
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by Breathn View Post
    they use 3d servings..they dont like letoff tracks..they will seperate with it on some..best to at least have halo on the cables..
    What exactly do you mean by "Halo on the cables", the dealer I bought the bow from pushes vaportrail strings. Would that be something you guys would use to resolve my problem?

to clear this up some....the strings on the ANSWER are made here in st .charles mo. by NINJA.. the owner rodney was sent to G5 a few years ago to show G5 how to make strings, he came back from INDIA... and started NINJA..a few local guys use them, but i think the issue is his employees. look on the elite forum, ninja is getting a beating over poor products.. i wont use them..............

I love my Answer but Ninja strings flat out suck & are junk. I had my Answer 2 weeks & put 500 shots on it & was getting serving separation & the end loops looked awful. I was going to get a custom colored set anyway but wanted to wait till after killing season. Oh well the Proline's will be a way better set & will look good & will last me for a few years anyways.

Sent from "dumb redneck" using "smartphone"
    }--------->@<---------{

Quote Originally Posted by adidazman15 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "Halo on the cables", the dealer I bought the bow from pushes vaportrail strings. Would that be something you guys would use to resolve my problem?

Halo is a tougher serving and resists seperation much better. I always order halo end servings and now I use Majesty center servings. It too, is tougher and resists seperation.

Skeet.

My setup......E35, 60# with a TorqueLess Grip, JBK strings, QAD rest, Tru Glo sights, and a cheap, light weight stab.

Hey does anyone have a pic of the old servings vs the newer ones I am buying a new answer this week and would like to know what i'm getting thanks

Dropping,,put t this way,, we sell bows and I haven't seen a set of good strings yet on the answer.

I'm around 200-300 shots into my new Elite string and its holding up pretty well so far. Much better then the original one held up. Guess only time will tell.

Im not a Elite fan but i have been shooting ninja strings for years and have had no problems at all.I shoot in all sorts of weather including storms and extreme heat and my strings hasnt moved at all.

Some of the issues were sharp edges on the cams and mods. Some were poorly built strings. But both have been addressed. People are quick to judge all the strings and the bows when a few have a issue..But when thats been fixed you dont hear about it.
    Be safe, Follow regulations and practice hunter safety.

I to have my servings separating bad on my 2012 pure. Not many shots on it yet. I may just reserve it myself or buy some custom strings and cables. I haven't decided yet. But, it is still shooting great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deer100 View Post
    Im not a Elite fan but i have been shooting ninja strings for years and have had no problems at all.I shoot in all sorts of weather including storms and extreme heat and my strings hasnt moved at all.

Could very well be because if you order a custom set, they are not massed produced like the strings that goes on factory bows ???

Skeet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast