"The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

Nice!!!
    Mathews Z7 64lbs. and 29"
    Gold Tip Xt Hunter 7595/ QAD Ultra Rest
    Trijicon Staff Shooter
    435gr. @ 270+ fps

Awesome!
    Genesis 27:3

The video said "warning extreme violence" in the beginning. I must have been watching a different video, I didn't see any violence at all.....extreme or otherwise.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

Wow, pretty long shot.

Pretty lucky shot. But violent? I saw a clip once of a large rodent being hit with a 55 gr. Ballistic Tip going almost 4400 fps out of a 6mm-284. That was violent.

Damn!!!

I can't believe he would take such an unethical longer than 20 yard not full broadside shot... What if he would have been off an inch he could have left the animal wounded... tisk tisk....

I couldn't resist......LOL

That is freakin sweet!!!!!! Awesome!!!!

I just wish I could get a squirrel to sit still long enough so I could shoot them with the bow. They see me and they're outta there like lightning.

He must have been shooting a Rage, didn't even get a passthrough on a squirrel.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.

Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    I just wish I could get a squirrel to sit still long enough so I could shoot them with the bow. They see me and they're outta there like lightning.

Hahaha ! Funny you said that ... If I had a dollar for every squirrel I've shot at and missed , I would retire ! I think the the little boogers jump the string pretty bad ! Lol ! That has officially made it on my bucket list ... Squirrel with a bow !

Big B.
    It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

I have these nasty little grey diggers around my house. The dig under the foundation and drive me crazy. I get them with the bb gun, but I think I might try with my bow.
    Mossy Oak Predator Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post

Apparently you haven't hunted southern CO yet. Those things will position themselves within bow range and chatter up a storm until you leave his tree lol. Think I'll get some of those judo points Gregg was telling me about lol
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

My brother knocked one off a log at 75 yards one day; it ran through camp, and all three of us started chasing it. When it jumped off on a log and looked back, he teed off on it, and nailed it. When we got to it, the arrow had gone through the skin on it's throat, and it had all 4 paws on the shaft, and it had its teeth clamped down on the arrow.

I carefully grabbed the arrow by the fletching, and slid the animal off onto the ground; it ran off and we laughed so hard we had tears streaming!

Great Vid, Gentlemen!

Best of Luck,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhill View Post
    Apparently you haven't hunted southern CO yet. Those things will position themselves within bow range and chatter up a storm until you leave his tree lol. Think I'll get some of those judo points Gregg was telling me about lol
    I second that. Stupid things wouldn't leave me alone last year, they let me get so close I hit one with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhill View Post
    I was talking more about the ones in my neighborhood. I've killed over 400 of them in the last 5 years and they still keep showing up every week. Killed every one of them with the pellet rifle, they're usually in the trees or flying like crazy on the ground so bow shots are out of the question. Up hunting is a different story, I could shoot a dozen a day easily, but tend to not shoot the bow unnecessarily when I'm elk hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by elkmtngear View Post
    My brother knocked one off a log at 75 yards one day; it ran through camp, and all three of us started chasing it. When it jumped off on a log and looked back, he teed off on it, and nailed it. When we got to it, the arrow had gone through the skin on it's throat, and it had all 4 paws on the shaft, and it had its teeth clamped down on the arrow.

I carefully grabbed the arrow by the fletching, and slid the animal off onto the ground; it ran off and we laughed so hard we had tears streaming!

Great Vid, Gentlemen!

Best of Luck,
    Jeff
    now that is funny!

I never wanted to risk a $10 arrow on one.
    Life is Good!

There are a lot of arrows stuck in trees at a walk through range near me. I think they were trying for a squirrel because there are no targets the way those arrows are pointing.
    Mathews Switchback
    Posten Woodsman II
    Team Extreme Bone Collector sight
    Ripcord rest
    Torqueless Grip
    Scott Wildcat RCS

I'd take that squirrel and arrow and mount it in the same position with it stuck on the arrow.

My buddy and I were shooting his bow about 10 years ago. My buddy shot at this squirrel and shot it straight through the butt and out of the mouth and stuck to the tree. It rotted up there. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by easeup View Post
    now that is funny!

I never wanted to risk a $10 arrow on one.
    Me either. I hate the little sobs though. Cant tell you how many times i feel like they blew a stalk or a good setup.

ZA
    BLACK WIDOW PSAII RECURVE - "DARK HEART" - 54# @ 28"
    BOWTECH CAPTAIN - 70# @ 29"

GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!!
    ZA's UCR's (Utility Constrictor Ropes)

sweet!!!