Archery Talk Forum banner

Sunglasses for shooting?

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  johnson21 
#1 ·
I have a few good pairs of shades that I have tried to wear on bright days but none have really worked for me.

Anybody have ideas of good shades for shooting? Or is it best not to wear any. Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

#3 ·
Costa Del Mar 580 green mirror

or Revo crystal in cobalt or bronze.

If good polarized glass is too pricey, then polycarb glasses can be a lot cheaper. Find something that is polarized, has a mirrored front, has an anti reflective coating if you can get it, and has amber / tan color lenses.

#6 ·
I wear Oakley , I tried on a lot of different styles until I found ones that fit really tight to my face and have a curvy lense so it doesn't interfere with my peep , I think it all depends on the style
that's the factory photo but those are the ones I shoot with

The Reezen !

#7 ·
Make sure you get a lense that dosn't block your view around your nose.

I have a pair of glasses that I have to make sure they are all the way up on my nose before shooting or else it blocks my view through my peep.

#10 ·
I've never had good luck with framed glasses...be it corrective or sunglasses. Frameless wrap around style give better protection and better line of sight. I came across "Natives" severally years ago while shooting trap. Polarized... full wrap...vented...interchangeable lenses to go from bright days to cloudy...i swap between yellow and amber all the time. Best warranty on the market hands down...even if your dog chews them into a milllion pieces...covered. Scratch a lens...covered! I wear the Hardtop xp...give them a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.