a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TenPoint CARBON Tactical Bow

TenPoint CARBON Tactical Bow

Hi All
    Some have seen the new Tactical bow that Cabelas has. TenPoint has a carbon rail version called the Carbon Tactical that we now have instock! It is an all black version of the Carbon Elite. Here is the official press release:
    News Release

TENPOINT CROSSBOW TECHNOLOGIES
    1325 Waterloo Road
    Mogadore, OH 44260
    http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com
    July 10, 2012
    TenPoint Introduces Carbon Tactical XLT™

Mogadore, OH. Crossbow industry leader, TenPoint Crossbow Technologies®, has announced a limited mid-year introduction of their new Carbon Tactical XLT crossbow. The Carbon Tactical XLT combines TenPoint’s radically compact XLT™ (Xtreme Limb Technology) bow assembly with their revolutionary woven carbon fiber barrel – all fitted to a rugged, clear-coated tactical black stock. Without accessories the unit weighs in at 6-pounds, 14 ounces.

“The Carbon Tactical XLT release is a pre-2013 limited test run,” said TenPoint CEO, Rick Bednar. “It will give us time to gauge the response and gear-up for full production in January.”

The XLT bow assembly measures a streamlined 13.5-inches from axle-to-axle when cocked, and the riser comes with a detachable, lightweight, coated aluminum foot stirrup. Its tactical black 11-inch IsoTaper Limbs™ are equipped with NEW MRX™ cams and D-75 string and cables. With a 185-pound draw weight, the Carbon Tactical XLT shoots up to 352 feet-per-second with TenPoint’s Pro Lite carbon arrow.

The patent-pending ultra-light wrapped carbon fiber barrel is unique to the industry and one of TenPoint’s responses to the ongoing demand for lighter and quieter equipment. The barrel is fitted with threaded aluminum rivet nuts that “float” it inside the stock to reduce noise and vibration. And, its flight deck has an extremely low coefficient of friction to extend string life.

The Carbon Tactical XLT is one of the first crossbows in the TenPoint lineup to come equipped with the company’s patent pending String Dampening System (SDS), also just released. A unique cable-slot-mounted string stop, the SDS dramatically reduces string noise and vibration transmission.

"We are excited to launch the Carbon Tactical XLT crossbow,” said TenPoint CEO, Rick Bednar. “It is fast, light, and narrow; and we believe that it will appeal to the growing tactical weapons crowd."

The Carbon Tactical XLT also features the expected collection of TenPoint’s patented features: DFI™ (dry-fire inhibitor), 3.5-pound PowerTouch™ trigger, GripSafety™, GripGuard, and either their ACUdraw or ACUdraw 50 automated cocking system.

The bow is sold only as a package, which also includes their RangeMaster Pro™ variable speed and power scope,, arrows, quiver, new Side-Mount Quiver bracket, and BowJax limb and arrow retention spring dampeners.

Tactical XLT MAP: $1599 with ACUdraw, $1499 with ACUdraw 50.

All TenPoint crossbows are manufactured in Mogadore, OH.

For more information, contact Randy Wood, Vice President of Sales (800) 548-6837 or http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com

Any questions contact me at Wyvern Creations 603-659-0575
    Thanks
    Wyvern
    Carbon Tactical 1.jpg

Looks like ... a bow you could buy and be content for a decade!
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

It's a start but I wish Ten Point would do more... I do like the carbon barrel though.

red I think tenpoint has made some pretty good strides in just the last month...
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

And January is not too far away:-) Nobody builds a better quality crossbow.
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

I just may reward my hard work with one of these. Or, wait to see what January brings!!!!
    Micro 335
    Black and Camo
    Hawke XB30

Quote Originally Posted by Redm2 View Post
    It's a start but I wish Ten Point would do more... I do like the carbon barrel though.
    Me too ... Hopefully they'll come out with a home run hitter to go with all the Punch & Judy bows in their stable.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Actually this is a "January" bow. It will be fully introduced in 2013. Basically you can get a jump on it and buy one now
    Wyvern

Punch would be a good name for a crossbow........don't know about Judy
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    And January is not too far away:-) Nobody builds a better quality crossbow.
    Thanks for the kudos Moon. We try hard to make the best quality bow and we try harder to stand behind them.

Wow, if I'd had known this was coming out, I might have waited and not purchased the Carbon Elite XLT. This is one sweet looking bow.

We had a blast taking the pictures. I love that carbon barrel.

thats a sweet looking xbow! if it were in my price range I'd get one. very nice
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Carbon Tactical 5.jpgHere is one more picture I found of it.

I just added one of these to my give-a-way
    Wyvern

WOW !!! Awesome Dave !! I am just giving up...lol ,,,,, been thinking of selling My Target 380 to get a Turbo XLT II and now I'm so confused,,, they do look nice !!
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Thats my job
    wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    We try hard to make the best quality bow and we try harder to stand behind them.

And that is very much appreciated by many, many folks. It is not unnoticed that TenPoint shows up at the ATA with new bows that have been designed, redesigned, tested and hunted with extensively before they are on display as new for whatever year. Then the bows are ready to ship soon thereafter to the anxious dealers and customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    Wyvern
    WOW, you won't find that from any other dealer !
    Excalibur Matrix Mega 405, munchmount quiver bracket, Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 LRV reticle
    Middleton DTM 330 SS, agingcrossbower stock, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 Ballistic reticle
    Middleton DTM 355 SS, Matrix stock, Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 Ballistic reticle
    Excalibur Relayer Y25, T-Tech S/S trigger, Hawke XB-30

David is certainly one of the best.

I can't seem to find any info on this at TenPoint. Did they already discontinue this model? No other reviews or info seem to show up on Google either....they should call this the Stealthy Carbon Tactical... I'm looking for my first crossbow and the Tactical XLT looked like a good start until I saw this one at Wyvern Creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    Wyvern
    wow, how do you enter to win??

Its an old contest that ended last year. They are exclusive to us, you can see them on my website here: http://www.wyverncreations.com/index...roducts_id=476
    Wyvern

wow, i visit your site quite a bit, mostly just to drool lol.
    how i missed the date on this thread is beyond me...i shouldnt post before 6:00am...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast