Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Wrist slings for bow hunting.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054

    Wrist slings for bow hunting.

    Wrist slings for bow hunting. Most hunters that use a wrist sling have fallen into the new fad of braided para cord and fleece wrist slings. While they do help you shoot better they stink. When we practice during the summer we sweat. The sweat contains bacteria which grows and stinks like dirty tennis shoes. These new slings could be costing us deer.
    The Third Hand Archery Ready wrist Sling keeps its shape. One size fits all. Has an aluminum extruded mounting bracket and uses food grade hydraulic tubing. It is non porous so it can't absorb anything. Take a look at The ready wrist sling by third hand archery.
    For $10 at http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=8

    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Sometimes its the little things that can cost ya a hunt.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    313
    I just dont use a sling at all, doesnt make sense to me?
    PSE DS EVO, skulls, 70lbs, 28",373gr arrow, 312fps
    BOWTECH INSANITY, 70LBS, 28", 373GR, 321FPS

    JESUS SAVES!

  4. #4
    No colored pics on your site, what colors do they come in?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ3 View Post
    No colored pics on your site, what colors do they come in?
    I would like to know this too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtindell View Post
    I just dont use a sling at all, doesnt make sense to me?
    If you are happy with your shooting then you don't need it. Its not for everyone. I know a lot of pro's they all use them. When they make a living shooting a bow 1 or 2 points is the difference between winning and loosing. It may be just a confidence thing knowing that they don't have to grip the bow. But it works for them.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerHuntin79923 View Post
    I would like to know this too.
    Back in the 90's we made them in about 20 different colors. It was a nightmare for dealers. Now we have them in Chocolate brown and black only.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    midlothian,va
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtindell View Post
    I just dont use a sling at all, doesnt make sense to me?
    Slings don't necessarily make you shoot 'better'. They let you shoot correctly so the end result over time is you shoot better.

    If you don't use a sling of some sort and say every 40th or so arrow seems to be a 'flier' you may be grabbing the bow just a fraction too early on occasion. If that's ok to you then great but some of us find one 'flier' in a 1000 shots due to improper form is much, much too frequent.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    PSE Phenom, Supra ME, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdhandman View Post
    Sometimes its the little things that can cost ya a hunt.
    Or not

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,794
    I use a sling for the first few years I hunted... Then when I decided to really get into archery I relaized that when I was shooting longer renges the sling through off my form. I lost and instently shot better. I also never really though that it smelled or anything but I think we are better off without them anyway.
    2012 Carbon Element , 2012 PSE Blackhawk 60/45 , 2006 Powertec (soon to be franken bow)
    This is me every night )))------------>

  11. #11
    Sling in pic is not even on the wrist...one size does not fit all.
    Bowaddict

  12. #12
    Was really hoping for a red one!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    midlothian,va
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukpad89 View Post
    I use a sling for the first few years I hunted... Then when I decided to really get into archery I relaized that when I was shooting longer renges the sling through off my form. I lost and instently shot better. I also never really though that it smelled or anything but I think we are better off without them anyway.
    A proper fitting sling can not effect decent shooting form. Again a sling should not effect a single shot in anyway.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    PSE Phenom, Supra ME, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    midlothian,va
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xsteelers View Post
    Sling in pic is not even on the wrist...one size does not fit all.
    Actually the pic is a decent representation of how a sling should fit. It should not be "fitted" to the archers wrist.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    PSE Phenom, Supra ME, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdhandman View Post
    Wrist slings for bow hunting. Most hunters that use a wrist sling have fallen into the new fad of braided para cord and fleece wrist slings. While they do help you shoot better they stink. When we practice during the summer we sweat. The sweat contains bacteria which grows and stinks like dirty tennis shoes. These new slings could be costing us deer.
    The Third Hand Archery Ready wrist Sling keeps its shape. One size fits all. Has an aluminum extruded mounting bracket and uses food grade hydraulic tubing. It is non porous so it can't absorb anything. Take a look at The ready wrist sling by third hand archery.
    For $10 at http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=8
    not sure how you can say they make you shoot better. i took mine off and it did not effect my accuracy one bit. i found that a sling just got in my way more than it helped, especially when trying to put your hand in it while wearing gloves in a treestand.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin/Illinois
    Posts
    459
    I appreciate the concept, but I made my own sling and when I did I made 5 or 6, so I'll probably just swap in a new one come hunting season. That being said, I've been concerned about sweating up my wrist strap on my release through the summer. I suppose i'll just spray it down.
    Mathews HeliM 29/70, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Apex Gear .19/.10, Red/White Accessories

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xsteelers View Post
    Sling in pic is not even on the wrist...one size does not fit all.
    Out of the package the sling will extend up to the arrow rest. The user cuts it to the length desired. The user in the picture doesn't want it touching, just catching. That is his preference. It also can be adjusted up and down left and right and keeps the shape you put it in.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    not sure how you can say they make you shoot better. i took mine off and it did not effect my accuracy one bit. i found that a sling just got in my way more than it helped, especially when trying to put your hand in it while wearing gloves in a treestand.
    If we watch olympic archers and pro's the majority do use wrist slings. They must do something other than look pretty. Wether or not they work I think is up tho the individual archer and what their expectations are. I was referring to another thread that hunters were posting pictures of their rigs. 90% had braded slings which stink.
    As far as putting your hand in with a glove on is concerned, I agree with most slings it is a bit,, if you don have one that adjust and stays up. Ours stays erect and ready to shoot. It is easy to get your hand in it.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdhandman View Post
    Out of the package the sling will extend up to the arrow rest. The user cuts it to the length desired. The user in the picture doesn't want it touching, just catching. That is his preference. It also can be adjusted up and down left and right and keeps the shape you put it in.
    That makes sense, did not know it was adjustable,,Nice,,Thanks
    Bowaddict

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    THEY'RE FULLY ADJUSTABLE. CAN BE MOVED UP DOWN LEFT AND RIGHoodT. GUARANTEED FOR THE LIFE OF THE BOW. The good news is they will not come off the bow. The bad news is they will not come off the bow. When you sell the bow it goes with the bow.)/
    Last edited by thirdhandman; July 19th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    Slings don't necessarily make you shoot 'better'. They let you shoot correctly so the end result over time is you shoot better.

    If you don't use a sling of some sort and say every 40th or so arrow seems to be a 'flier' you may be grabbing the bow just a fraction too early on occasion. If that's ok to you then great but some of us find one 'flier' in a 1000 shots due to improper form is much, much too frequent.
    have you ever truthfully ever met anyone that could shoot 1000 arrows without one "flier" not trying to be a smart ***** just seriously asking???
    PSE DS EVO, skulls, 70lbs, 28",373gr arrow, 312fps
    BOWTECH INSANITY, 70LBS, 28", 373GR, 321FPS

    JESUS SAVES!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Beaver Dam,WI
    Posts
    647
    scent control..lmao

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Union, By God , Ky.
    Posts
    8,054
    Armed Al: you are only an hour from the oshkosh show. Come on over and I'll show you the difference. :
    Jim Litmer VP Sales www.thirdhandarchery.com 1-800-339-0232
    International customers please order by email thirdhandinc@twc.com

    The original Made in the USA

    We hope you have a safe successful hunting season.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    midlothian,va
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtindell View Post
    have you ever truthfully ever met anyone that could shoot 1000 arrows without one "flier" not trying to be a smart ***** just seriously asking???
    Yes, I've met many. I've probably shot a thousand shots at 20 yards without going outside of 2.5 inches.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    PSE Phenom, Supra ME, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin/Illinois
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    Yes, I've met many. I've probably shot a thousand shots at 20 yards without going outside of 2.5 inches.
    It's easy to forget there are guys on here that are beyond your avg hunter. Guys who might shoot 1,000 arrows in a week or less easy. Once it's down to muscle memory, I agree, 20 yards is a reasonable goal. Maybe once I can shoot daily in my yard I'll strive for it. 2 1/2" at 20 yards... Like free throws. Now do 1,000.
    Mathews HeliM 29/70, QAD Ultrarest HDX, Apex Gear .19/.10, Red/White Accessories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •