a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Chlorophyll scent control

Chlorophyll scent control

I'm considering using chlorophyll supplements to aid in scent control this season. I was wondering if any others use this. I was thinking 4 50mg gel tabs daily and a chewable just before hunting. Any thoughts on this?

Strother Moxie "Black Death" 60# 28"......... Elite E32 65# 28"
    TrophyTaker SmackDown ......................... TrophyTaker SmackDown
    Black Gold Ascent single pin ...................... Sword Apex 5 pin

I don't take any pills unless I have to, not even vitamins. So my vote is no, there's got to be some kind of side effect or something , maybe u turn green

YOU CANT KILL HIM FROM THE COUCH

THE MAGNIFICENT 7

A little "copy paste" action here.
    True enough, chlorophyll has been seen to provide health benefits to those who take them. It has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties. Here are some of the known chlorophyll benefits:

It has been seen to help in the growth and repair of tissues.

Chlorophyll helps in neutralizing the pollution that we breathe in and intake everyday - a good supplement for smokers.

It efficiently delivers magnesium and helps the blood in carrying the much needed oxygen to all cells and tissues.

It is also found to be useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals.

It had been seen to have a good potential in stimulating red blood cells to improve oxygen supply.

Along with other vitamins such as A, C and E, chlorophyll has been seen to help neutralize free radicals that do damage to healthy cells.

Chlorophyll is also an effective deodorizer to reduce bad breath, urine, fecal waste, and body odor.

It may reduce the ability of carcinogens to bind with the DNA in different major organs in the body.

Chlorophyll may be useful in treating calcium oxalate stone ailments.

It possesses some anti-atherogenic activity as well.

It can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.

These are only a few of the multitude benefits that chlorophyll can do to the body.

It has antimutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties so that it may be helpful in protecting your body against toxins and in reducing drug side effects.
    ALSO IT MAY TURN YOUR POOP GREEN. BUT IT WILL SMELL LIKE FRESH MOWN HAY.

I talked to a guy who would start taking them a few weeks before the season started and continue to take them daily until the he was done hunting. He warned that his body took some time to get used to the pills and that things were rather "loose" in the restroom for a while...
    "A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers." - Aldo Leopold

Thoughts on the subject...

Hunt the wind?

Sit still?

Stop buying into BS gimmicks that only cost you money?

Don't buy gas when they are filling the tank?

Burritos are yummy.

In all seriousness though, I don't see a big benefit to taking a bunch of over-priced pills that do the same thing as eating more rabbit food. I think a simple dietary change would probably be better in the long run than popping a bunch of unregulated chlorophyll pills that are made with no true standards to them.

Quote Originally Posted by GregBS View Post
    Thoughts on the subject...

Hunt the wind?

Sit still?

Stop buying into BS gimmicks that only cost you money?

Don't buy gas when they are filling the tank?

Burritos are yummy.

In all seriousness though, I don't see a big benefit to taking a bunch of over-priced pills that do the same thing as eating more rabbit food. I think a simple dietary change would probably be better in the long run than popping a bunch of unregulated chlorophyll pills that are made with no true standards to them.
    Thanks for the response. I do hunt the wind and also I sit still. Raw spinach would probably be the best source for chlorophyll naturally. I don't really want to eat a lot of raw spinach every day tho. As far as a BS gimmick goes, well it is a proven natural deodorant. I'm just wondering if anyone else uses it.

I'm an absolute freak when it comes to doing everything possible I can for scent control. Like everyone I play the wind, but deer don't always cooperate so I try to do everything to limit scent as much as possible, including taking Cholorphyll pills starting before the season and throughout. I take 3 per day, no side affects, they are dirt cheap and it can't hurt IMO.

Been using this as a supplement for years. When I read about the deodorant properties, I started putting some in the water I take with me on the hunt. Here's a link to what I use.

http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/pr.../sku-1689.aspx

I have forgotten to buy them before a season and tohught I was winded more without them. Might have been a coincidence, but like a lot of hunting products, confidence helps.

These work well.

http://www.nullo.com/

Joe

"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"
    Mathews Switchback XT 28" DL
    MBG Radiant, Whisker Biscuit, String Splitter
    Strikers/Tricks/Blazers, Aero Hunter and World's Best Strings

[QUOTE=Stoo;1064622873]A little "copy paste" action here.
    True enough, chlorophyll has been seen to provide health benefits to those who take them. It has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties. Here are some of the known chlorophyll benefits:

It has been seen to help in the growth and repair of tissues.

Chlorophyll helps in neutralizing the pollution that we breathe in and intake everyday - a good supplement for smokers.

It efficiently delivers magnesium and helps the blood in carrying the much needed oxygen to all cells and tissues.

It is also found to be useful in assimilating and chelating calcium and other heavy minerals.

It had been seen to have a good potential in stimulating red blood cells to improve oxygen supply.

Along with other vitamins such as A, C and E, chlorophyll has been seen to help neutralize free radicals that do damage to healthy cells.

Chlorophyll is also an effective deodorizer to reduce bad breath, urine, fecal waste, and body odor.

It may reduce the ability of carcinogens to bind with the DNA in different major organs in the body.

Chlorophyll may be useful in treating calcium oxalate stone ailments.

It possesses some anti-atherogenic activity as well.

It can be used to treat infected wounds naturally.

These are only a few of the multitude benefits that chlorophyll can do to the body.

It has antimutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties so that it may be helpful in protecting your body against toxins and in reducing drug side effects.
    ALSO IT MAY TURN YOUR POOP GREEN. BUT IT WILL SMELL LIKE FRESH MOWN HAY. [/QUOTE]

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!!

In all seriousness, I don't know how much it will help human odor. However, I do know that when I was a kid my father would feed our Labrador retriever clorophyl tablets during duck season if she came in heat. I never saw any of the male dogs bother her....for what ever that is worth.
    Prov 16:3 "Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."

I tried them a few years back. It did not help, deer still smelled me, and having the green squirts sucked. Save your money.

Ive been reading up on it. Weather its bs or not, add it to the other methods that everyone considers being bs, its an added bonus and cheap. Yes, playing the wind is important, but your smell lingers on on the path you take to your stand. Where I hunt, deer are used to people and their smells, so IMO proper shower, scent lock, scent spray and this supplement along with playing the wind is always an added extra bonus. Doesnt hurt to try anything as long as its affordable. Any little bit counts even if all used together still isnt 100%.

mother nature gives us the best scent control possible...the wind. No amount of sprays and pills will do a damn thing

Quote Originally Posted by joaxe View Post
    These work well.

http://www.nullo.com/

Joe
    Yup this is what I have used for years. I start them a couple weeks before the season and continue until the seasons over.
    For me, they work, and I can tell the difference after about a week and a half. I still hunt the wind, but with all my other scent control, I feel it helps.
    80# 30" Carbon Matrix G3 / Tommy Hogg / LD Micro Elite / Easton A/C/C's 3-71

All I know taking this does help, as you'll even notice your morning breath disapating during usage. But be aware, your steamers will turn green.
    Cool Cats Custom Colored String Silencers

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1387708

Quote Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
    Thanks for the response. I do hunt the wind and also I sit still. Raw spinach would probably be the best source for chlorophyll naturally. I don't really want to eat a lot of raw spinach every day tho. As far as a BS gimmick goes, well it is a proven natural deodorant. I'm just wondering if anyone else uses it.
    Popeye ate raw spinach and look at what it did for him! Just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Lethal Injection Archery

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_AL View Post
    mother nature gives us the best scent control possible...the wind. No amount of sprays and pills will do a damn thing
    Very helpful response!

As most know, the wind doesn't always cooperate in hills. The wind swirls and changes often in most areas I've hunted, so anything that can help, even a little can make the difference. If you rely on the wind and nothing else in regards to scent control, I can only imagine teh opportunities you've missed.