Archery Talk Forum banner

Hand Tool for cutting long grass?

12K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Lowlevlflyer 
#1 ·

I thought there was a hand tool that was made for cutting grass (not a scythe). You basically sweep it back and forth and it cuts it. It's like a "T" with little teeth. I would like to find one so I can make some grass trails. I'm looking for a low-priced option to cut this grass.

This is the grass I would like to cut.

See less See more
#7 ·
In Ms we call them different. A keiser blade is a long handled hawk bill knife job. The sling blade from back in my day is exactly as he described it. Shorter handle with a serrated blade running at an angle with a brace at each end. Google Sling Blade Tool $15 and up.

#13 ·
Loews, Menards, Home Depot all carry weed whackers....long wood handle with a serrated blade about 1 ft+ long..... kinda an L shape, but the blade is supported/held on by support arms and screws....use one all the time....gives ya a good golf swing

#17 ·
Tractor SUpply carries them too.

#24 ·
i may be off base, but why not use a weed eater? yeah, it has gas smell, but it will dissapate quickly. I would rather put out gas smell than hours of human scent from sweating all day.

#25 ·
I aways heard them called "yo-yos" by the old folks around here. Tractor Supply, Home Depot, and Lowes all carry them, as well as just about all the farm and ranch stores around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.