Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 IBO World Championship video coverage

2012 IBO World Championship video coverage

http://archersparadoxdotorg.wordpress.com/

Very nicely done, Jimmy - thanks !!!

nice video - I wish I could have been there, but it was impossible this year. Cloverdale sounds great - it is about 300 miles closer for me

It was a great weekend with tremendous shooting. Every class was deep with quality shooters. It has truly become what we had hoped it would - the Super Bowl of Trad Archery.

I wish I could have been there..great coverage and commentary Jimmy.

awesome Jimmy !
    Ken , bet ya whoop 'em up next year ... except for those Aussies who might turn up !

Well done Jimmy! Great coverage and it got me thinking that I'd like to attend some day.
    Bebe stands for barebow!

nice vid....trad shooting at its best. Gar.
    So many bows, so little time

My buddy Jason Burton placed 10th..Happy for him... too bad I wasn't there to beat up on him..

Even in an event such as this - with the top shooters in the world attending - still only the top few shooters manage to average a vital hit on each target - we have a long way to go guys - lets keep working at it and raising the bar in the sport.

how did rick welch do
    BLACK WIDOW PMA 3 2010 51@30 64"

BEAR GRIZZLY 1966 45@ 28

"stalk softly and carry a bent stick"

Rick Was listed in Recurve Unaided in the video...looks like he placed 5th

Jimmy, thanks for posting the vid. Looks like the best of the best in attendance.

Great video! Thanks for putting it together.

I wonder why Rick Welch shot in the RU - I find it hard to believe that he would be shooting a bow that does not qualify for the regular Recurve division - maybe he wanted to shoot against the guys with all the goodies on their bows and see how he would do - i dunno

whats the difference in recurve unaided and recurve? you use rest on RU?
    John 3:16
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Apparently Rick Welch wrote the wrong class down on his card - years ago Recurve Unaided was the only class for recurves

Today - Recurve Unaided allows rests, stabalizers, I think clickers as well - Welch uses none of this

interesting. but it could be like you said, maybe he wanted to shoot against guys with all that stuff. he's won several world titles from what I understand (you have to remember I'm a newbie)
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

What I find interesting is that the general consensus believe shooting a LB is somehow a disadvantage..while compared to the results of REC class.. the top scores are higher in LB and more archers shot a 500+ who shot in LB. The 1/8 in out and wood arrows should not be seen as a handicap any longer.... I know this distances shot with LB and REC are different...but what is it like 5 yards? Data like that tells a neat story. A simple observation and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo0se View Post
    What I find interesting is that the general consensus believe shooting a LB is somehow a disadvantage..while compared to the results of REC class.. the top scores are higher in LB and more archers shot a 500+ who shot in LB. The 1/8 in out and wood arrows should not be seen as a handicap any longer.... I know this distances shot with LB and REC are different...but what is it like 5 yards? Data like that tells a neat story. A simple observation and nothing more.
    I noticed those high scores. Those guys really shot well!
    Ten Point Shadow
    Excalibur Ibex

Unless you shoot the two different classes from the two different stakes, you don't really have a good judgment. Sometimes they are way closer (10 yards). Sometimes they are the same. It is just a simple observation at best. You don't notice the handicap of the equipment until they all shoot from the same stakes. Look at the ML and REC class for example. Both classes had good quality shooters and shot from the orange stakes.

As far as I know - there is only one set of stakes at the trad worlds - if I remember right anyhow - maybe not

There might have been in the past. This year there was three. Red, white, and orange. I believe primative and lb from white. Rec, ml and ru shot from the orange.

ok - that would explain the higher lb scores - usually the LB scores are slightly lower than the recurve - but the modern longbow is about the same - i guess I don't remember what it was last year - I thought there was only one stake - but I am probably wrong

I heard there was, but I wasn't there last year to confirm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast