Thread: Best crossbow under $400

Best crossbow under $400

Looking to pick one up so the kids can enjoy archery season with me. Not really looking to spend much but I do not want a pile of junk. Any suggestions?

Check the Parker Challenger. Right under the $400.00 price ready to hunt with (except broadheads). Great for youth and "height challenged" shooters. Can be set at 125# or by loosening the limb bolts 2 turns can take the spacers out, tighten back up and be at 150# and shooting 300 fps.
    Also think Horton has a few in their line in the low to mid $300.00 range.

RC150 by Barnett can be had for under $200, and this crossbow worked AWESOME for my son from age 10-13. He shot his first buck with it last winter, see link here:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1652064

You can't go wrong for the money.
    Tim

Parker has the g2 trigger all metal parts, 100% made in USA,100% warrenty,great CS+ value= Parker from the Bushwacker to the Gale force!

Parker has the best value in the market!

Koz
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

Thumbs up link to parker info

Just a burnt out bow junkie

Ten Point wicked ridge is a mighty fine bow and a great company

Quote Originally Posted by redclub View Post
    ten point wicked ridge is a mighty fine bow and a great company
    x2!
    Mathews chill-r #65 28.5
    Mathews z7 extreme #60 28.5

THere is a ten point pro slider in the the classifieds for $425. I believe that has an adjustable draw weight if I am not mistaken.

The Wicked Ridge Warrior is a very good option.

For Kids: Parker Challenger
    A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.

My brother has the low-end PSE. It seems fine. He got it last year. I think he has the lowest priced one (like 299?). They have 3 under 400.

The Parker challenger is designed for kids and is still an awesome little bow capable of 300fps with a 400gr arrow as well as being very light and having a lifetime warranty. Very hard to beat this kind of value in my book.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.

This might be the one I am looking for. You know the more I look into crossbows the more I want one for myself lol. The kids are gonna dig it.......

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer1964 View Post
    The Parker challenger is designed for kids and is still an awesome little bow capable of 300fps with a 400gr arrow as well as being very light and having a lifetime warranty. Very hard to beat this kind of value in my book.

I bought the Barnett Jackal for myself because some of the tripods on the hunting property don't allow full draw on my compound. I love this crossbow. My Uncle ended up hunting with it most of the bow season. I upgraded the red dot sight to a 4x32 Barnett crossbow scope and it shoots great. My nephew shot his first deer with it at 35 yards, clean pass through. Its max range is about 50 yards, shoots 320 fps (on the box) and is available for around $300. My nephews are 6,7, and 10 and they shoot it with no problem but they can't pull it back just yet. Great set up for the price IMO.

I have the Barnett Jackal got it for 225.on Ebay .Works good but the Reddot scope it comes with is junk.Sent it back 3 times and still got defective ones.Barnett finely sent me there 4x32 that works fine.

FYI on my Parker Challenger. It seemed a tad short for me in the stock so I just got a LimbSaver butt "plate" slip rubber on and it fit perfectly and gave me the extra inch length I wanted.

I have a 2012 Barnett Jackal with 4x32 scope , rope cocker and Beman thunderbolts , got package on Ebay for $279.99 free shipping , awesome crossbow , love it
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP