a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: BC Vancouver area archery club

BC Vancouver area archery club

Moving back home soon and I was wondering if anyone else in the Greater Vancouver area is interested in archery, or can point me in the right directions: shops, clubs etc.

Thank you

Hello Xenomorph,

Boorman Archery out of New Westminister would be a good place to start. Boorman Archery is approximately 50 minutes out of Vancouver depending on traffic.

Best Regards,
    George

Try looking here too (might be a bit dated though).

http://www.archeryassociation.bc.ca/...AndZones.shtml

Cheers,

Gunther

Clubs in the Greater Vancouver Area

-Burnaby Archers, located in Burnaby corner of Kensington and Joe Sakic Way, essentially a big fita field
    -North Shore Archers, they shoot at a school in north van ( lynn valley area) a few days week, indoor 20 yards during rain and inclement weather, outdoor in the soccer field in summer
    - Semiahmoo Rod and Gun Club South Surrey/White rock area, an east west fita field, 3D course, and an indoor range
    -Ridgedale rod and gun, Abbotsford out in the valley, primarily a 3D set up
    -Sagitarius Archers, Abbotsford on the Sumas side, indoor, 3D and a recently renovated 60 yard practice range with covered shooting shed and lights.
    -Mission rod and gun club, obviously out in mission, seems primarily powder and lead focused but they have a nice 3D set up
    -Royal City archers, new westminster, right under Boormans Archery, indoor 20 yard range
    -have heard rumors that the Squamish club might be up and running again on a limited basis

Shops in the GVA/GVRD
    -Boormans Archery in Newwestminster, the only archery specific shop in the list, probably the best starting point
    -Big Game Archery in Abbotsford, out of a guys house, have never personally been there
    -Wholesale Sports in langely, kind of like a mini cabelas, it's gotten better as of late, they now have a guy who knows the dangerous end of a bow
    -Chilliwack Dart and Tackle in Chilliwack out in the valley, mainly lead and powder/fishing focused, they do have a guy Dale who is good on bows
    - that is the short list of archery related stores, yes a bit lacking around here, I do most of my shopping new and used off the mighty intraweb nowadays

D*

Thanks a lot for all the info, considering I am going to live in the Metrotown area I am pretty much in the middle of things, save North Van and Abbotsford

Definitely looking forward to joining a club and practice more, especially since I want to get into hunting.

Cheers,
    Marius

HI,

When you get into town come drop-in on the North Shore and see what we are all about. Check out our web page for more info on Facebook.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Goose1973 View Post
    HI,

When you get into town come drop-in on the North Shore and see what we are all about. Check out our web page for more info on Facebook.

cheers

Absolutely!
    It will be my pleasure especially since I have a lot of practicing to do. Thanks for all the information, I'm definitely looking forward to coming home now.