Thread: Fuse ES Stabilizer review

Fuse ES Stabilizer review

I recently put a set of Fuse ESs on my bow and I wanted to share my findings. First off the list price on these is the highest in the market, two stabs, extra weights, side adapter are the better part of 600.00. I have a 30" front with 9 oz, and a 12" side with 7 ounces. They come in a nice cloth case to protect them,
    * there claim to fame is less wind drag. All the hype is actually true, the difference in a cross wind is extremely dramatic. Not only noticable but more than 1/2 the drift than with my stingers. Indoors of course no value here at all
    * Stiffness- the dimples add stiffness, and I carry a modest amount of weight on the front, and the set up is dead solid. I started with a doinker made for it behind the weight and didnt like it, I could feel it move. Also when you set the bow end of the stab on the ground the doinker bends from the rubber. I experemented with the weights and added a lot to what comes with it.
    I also added 4 oz to the back of the bow below the handle, I have always tried that and in this case it quieted the dot.

Once I got the weight dialed in I shot a personal best ( documented on here).

The best part of them, they look awesome.
    I would recommend them for anyone shooting a long stab outdoors, and indoor if you want to spend that much for looks alone.

They don't come with longer screws if you add weight, they sell them for 5.00, same ones at Lowes for under a 1.00. They do have a quick disconnect for the side, but none for the front or an offset option. They take a little time setting up so they are at the right angle when you screw them in, but not very hard to do

I will post a pic later

Hi oldpro888,

Sorry for naive question but how you had selected the set of stabilizers you ordered? I mean was it done on the basis of the previous experience? Why 30" front and not 27" or 33"? It is not possible to go to the archery shop and try fuse set in my country so I cannot experiment. Instead I try to understand whether there is an algorithm or just exerience behind that. Any comment is warmly welcomed.

All the best!

Hormon

previous experience. I like 30 because when you set the stab tip down it makes a perfect stand length. Hae had 30 inch for over 40 years. 12 inch should be enough for the back, you can always add weight

The dimples are for aerodynamics not stiffness...
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Quote Originally Posted by N7709K View Post
    I don't know if they DO anything or not but the Fuse marketing materials say the dimples are what increased the stiffness in the ES bars vs. the originals.

Still a piece a cooked spagetti when compared to a doinker platinum or b stinger Premiere.

. Bend those suckers over your knee and watch em flex

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoyt PCEXL, Vantage Elite + And Matrix with Spirals
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

You are wrong, need to know a product you endorse and I do

Here is the proof, ES is for extra stiff
    NEW CARBON BLADE™ ES STABILIZERS
    Options: 24", 27", 30" & 33"
    Now, shooters looking for an even stiffer stabilizer option with proven Carbon Blade aerodynamics are getting their wish. Introducing Carbon Blade Extra Stiff, featuring flow separation technology to maintain the same incredible 70% reduction in wind drag afforded by the original Carbon Blade, but with an additional 33% stiffness increase. This makes Carbon Blade ES the absolute stiffest stabilizer we have ever measured in the horizontal plane, which is critical for optimal aiming and arrow launch, and affords increased vertical stiffness for shooters preferring a higher-frequency feel on the shot

Quote Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
    Still a piece a cooked spagetti when compared to a doinker platinum or b stinger Premiere.

. Bend those suckers over your knee and watch em flex

Again wrong, the ES is extremely stiff and wont bend over the hulks knee. I own b-stingers also and there is no difference

Quote Originally Posted by oldpro888 View Post
    Here is the proof, ES is for extra stiff
    NEW CARBON BLADE™ ES STABILIZERS
    Options: 24", 27", 30" & 33"
    Now, shooters looking for an even stiffer stabilizer option with proven Carbon Blade aerodynamics are getting their wish. Introducing Carbon Blade Extra Stiff, featuring flow separation technology to maintain the same incredible 70% reduction in wind drag afforded by the original Carbon Blade, but with an additional 33% stiffness increase. This makes Carbon Blade ES the absolute stiffest stabilizer we have ever measured in the horizontal plane, which is critical for optimal aiming and arrow launch, and affords increased vertical stiffness for shooters preferring a higher-frequency feel on the shot
    That doesn't say anything about the dimples.

I don't think the dimples are what's adding stiffness either. Aerodynamics like a golf ball. Or lance Armstrong's riding jersey's. Mythbusters even proved it by dumpling a car.

Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Again wrong, the ES is extremely stiff and wont bend over the hulks knee. I own b-stingers also and there is no difference
    Lol I must be the hulks dad then because I can bend that sucker over my knee no problem. Can bend a b stringer too but not as much.

I wish stabilizer companies would publish more hard facts on there stabilizers.

Let's see 50# hanging from the blade across a 28" gap then do the same thing with a stinger or doinker.

I don't see a 70% reduction in wind drag either when the profile is no where near 70% reduced over a traditionally sized round bar. Do you mind taking a caliper to it and sharing the dimensions?

Good work fuse. Marketing gimmicks sell good especially when you have a good product to begin with. Hats off

The only difference in the ES is the dimples. And it is the dimples that add stiffness, it increases the surface area and amount of carbon in the stabilizer and the dimples add opposing carbon fibers. I researched them extensively before signing a contract, and if they wern't better they would be sent back

The only difference in the ES is the dimples. And it is the dimples that add stiffness, it increases the surface area and amount of carbon in the stabilizer and the dimples add opposing carbon fibers. I researched them extensively before signing a contract, and if they wern't better they would be sent back
    Obviously the finish is different too. Don't get me wrong I think they are a good stab, but just a bit gimicky and I feel other stabs are still better.

0.5" high and 1.2" wide.

The normal platinum bar is 0.75" diameter. That only a 33% reduction in profile. The estremo an b stinger premier and even Smaller then that.

I'll have to say that I like the ES blades too not better then my platinums but on a windy day you better believe I will be shooting these. Definitely a difference outdoors, and a much stiffer version then the previous model which are a great stab but after shooting the Platinums I can't really shot anything else that is not a stiffer. FYI Cdpkook132 Doinker did a test with a 54lb weight and measured the difference, also I have a set of 3.5 coming off my VE+ soon
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 ,Fuse Strings, TrophyTaker Rest, Sure-Loc Supreme, Black Eagle, DoinkerElite
    Hoyt Ultra Elite XT3500, BCY 452X, Copper John, Sure-loc Black Eagle, Doinker Elite, Easton X-10, ACE

Quote Originally Posted by ocn View Post
    I'll have to say that I like the ES blades too not better then my platinums but on a windy day you better believe I will be shooting these. Definitely a difference outdoors, and a much stiffer version then the previous model which are a great stab but after shooting the Platinums I can't really shot anything else that is not a stiffer. FYI Cdpkook132 Doinker did a test with a 54lb weight and measured the difference, also I have a set of 3.5 coming off my VE+ soon
    Someday I will probably pick up a short blade with a lot of weight as a wind bar as well.

Found a pair the other day! Chrome off a 2012 VE+. Another pro elite coming. Hehe

No, I'm not wrong. When you dimple a surface it gets much better aerodynamics and the air flows around it much easier. Dimpling the bar may stiffen it as well, but it's not the main purpose. And I do know the product I endorse, I know it very well.
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Gotta agree ^^^^^

The dimples is where they get rest of their 47% when they claim a 70% reduction.

A non dimpled golf ball doesn't want to break 200yds. Add the dimples and you get a 310yd drive.

But there is also a difference in 15-30 mph winds and 180-200 mph golf ball speed.

Reo shoots blades and so was Brady in the Olympics. So they must at least be good.

They look cool. Bet Reo will like them with all that weight he throws around!
    Many have asked. Does a scope and lens really help? Heck yes it does!! I miss a lot more accurately now.

I live in the Land of the Free, because of the BRAVE!!

Reo and Brady are shooting them, AAnd FUSE claimed a 70% reduction without the dimples, not that it doesnt add to areodynamics, they just dont claim that it does, my thoughts are if it added they would claim it,

Here is the pic as promised. I'll fess up I did try to flex over my knee and definatly more give than the b stinger but love the way they shoot in the windImageUploadedByTapatalk1344040625.006784.jpg

the dimples are made to reduce the effect of the wind

example: helmet on timetrail, golfball.

but the biggest example i think is: when you look at a suspension bridge, the "cabel" are also dimpled to reduce the effect of the wind.

i think the old one were more "pretty" than the ES, they are not as wide and the finsh is not matt.

but, i say but because i don't shoot them, my trainingsbuddies do, the ES make noise! when i look at some b-stingers or doinker the tip doesn't move, with the ES i can see the tip move and making noise (just with my eyes no camera's)

i don't think that they are bad stabs, and yes Rio and Brady shoot them, but then again they don't have to pay them to

So how do these compare to the originals? I have the standard blades and I've been contemplating buying the ES ones, but there aren't enough people like you who post their experiences for me to make an educated purchase.
    Hoyt, Easton, Fuse, Sure-Loc/Swarovski Optik, Copper John, Tru-Ball, Trophy Taker

Due to the elliptic shape, the blade has a lower drag than a round bar of the same horizontal diameter would have. i.e. a round stab with 50% diameter would reduce drag by around 50%; an elliptical shaped one (like the blade) will have less drag than the identical round stabilizer.