Thread: National hunting gear field test panel

National hunting gear field test panel

So i get this letter that says I am pre-approved (worse words in the Universe to use to prove you are honest), to be a Hunting Gear Field tester,, and I get to keep all the gear,, yada yada yada,, Costs 'about' a dollar a month and they will bill me later,,, after I give them all my credit info, but before I know exactly how much it costs?

Package in envelope reminds me of Publisher's Clearing House things.. I would love to test hunting gear and get some free, but this sounds phoney to me.

What do you think?
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite SureLoc S2 scope/Black Eagle 6x Easton 2712
    Barnett Ghost 350 Carbonlite Crossbow 175lbs 350fps Barnett Crank Device
    2010 Parker Sidekick XP Davis Sight Rip Cord Tru Fire Hard Buckle MAX Release Gold Tip ProHunter
    Diamond Infinite. Hoyt Tryton

This sounds a lot like http://www.huntingclub.com/ . I am a member with them. They go thru a site call stuffstuff. The site has a system you have to go thru to get points to apply to try different kind of gear.

Interesting,, the brochure says it is "The North American Hunting Club",, what you are talking about doesn't sound like something you would have to pay for. I'll do more checking, thanks for the info.
    2010 Parker Sidekick XP Davis Sight Rip Cord Tru Fire Hard Buckle MAX Release Gold Tip ProHunter

Quote Originally Posted by johnstde View Post
    Costs 'about' a dollar a month and they will bill me later,,, after I give them all my credit info, but before I know exactly how much it costs?
    Sounds just like the old Nigerian money scam......."You've just won $2 billion, send us $1000 via moneygram for us to release your money to you".

So they want you to test their gear, but expect you to pay them for that privilege? And you get the pleasure of sending them all your credit info?
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 LH PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

My father is a life member of the North American Hunting Club and does get to field test and keep products that he tests, but I don't believe he has to pay any extra fee for it and I don't believe they sent him any solicitation for being a field tester until after he was already a subscriber.
    '13 DNA with Breathn threads
    Limbdriver Pro V
    MBG Vengeance 5 Pin
    10" B Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme
    Backup/3d - '10 Bow Madness XL

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckA84 View Post
    My father is a life member of the North American Hunting Club and does get to field test and keep products that he tests, but I don't believe he has to pay any extra fee for it and I don't believe they sent him any solicitation for being a field tester until after he was already a subscriber.
    Ah HA! I think a call to them is in order. I don't know how this works, but I'm gonna find out. I would love to test stuff and I'm quite good at it. Could be NAHC, the way things work change all the time, I don't recall ever being asked to pay for the privilege of testing products, but it could happen.

thanks everyone, I'll let you know what happens,
    l

Well, they have no phone number on the website,,, they do have info about their testing panel, sounds like you would be extremely lucky if you ever actually received anything to test since it is open to all members, still not sure if the connection between the package I received in the email is valid or not. ..

It is NAHC and the fee is for membership in the club not to be a field tester. Field tester is a benny of being a member

I got the same letter.

Quote Originally Posted by squeaks View Post
    It is NAHC and the fee is for membership in the club not to be a field tester. Field tester is a benny of being a member
    Oh,, OK,, nice to know that. They don't say it like that in the package, perhaps they should...Thanks,

google it.... They are legit to some extent, but you can can get a bunch of reviews...
    Bowtech INVASION "BLACK OPS"
    Archer Extreme AXT Driver
    CE BlueStreak 350s
    Rapids Archery Club
    Pope and Young Club... "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then..."

I got the same letter and I became a NAHC member.So far they have sent me a book to check out.I think if youre active and actually review the products you slowly move up to the better products to be tested.
    Obsession Phoenix

I tried NAHC.. After two years of membership the only product i got to test was the fillet knife they sent me when i signed up. All they do is take your money and tries to get you to become a life time member. I got a letter in the mail saying i was pick to recieve 1 of 10 free life time memberships that year and after i agreed to it i started receiving bills in the mail saying i owe money for the lifetime membership. After months of phone calls and talking to a number of different people at NAHC, i sent them back the fillet knife and some stupid elk book with a letter saying quit harrassing me with bills. After about another year, i didnt have to shred those bills anymore because they quit sending them.
    In the case
    2012 Mathews MR5 - 70lbs, 30in - Limbdriver Pro V, Trophy Ridge React, Axion Stab, AXT Carbon HeliX Quiver
    CE Mayhem 350, Grim Reaper mechanical 125 gr, Onestringer wraps, Blazer Vanes = 465 gr arrow / 315 fps / 102.5 KE

I kinda figured that is what was going on,, good to have the real scoop, thanks John,