Thread: Draw length on my Martin Cheetah

Draw length on my Martin Cheetah

I have a Martin Cheetah with the Acu-Trak cam and i need to change my draw length. I do all of my bow tuning myself to help save money and i need to change the draw stop modules. And i was just wanting to know how i would change that. It says it can be done without a bow press. I have been told that i draw the bow back and have someone change the module while the bow is drew back, but im not sure if thats true. Can anyone tell me how to do this without having to go to the archery shop?

With the Martin Cheetah, just unscrew the module screws, replace the module with the module you need for your draw length, screw the module screws back in, and adjust the draw stop (if there is one on a Cheetah. I forget).

Do not ever have someone draw the bow back and then do work on it.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________
    WHoopety-DOOOOOO

Thats the only trouble i have with it. only 1 of the 2 screws will unscrew. the 2nd one wont unscrew cause my limb is in the way...

Grab the cable and riser in one hand and squeeze the cable toward the riser. This should rotate the cam enough to get at the hidden screw. If you can't hold it then use a zip tie to hold the cable in toward the riser. To make it somewhat easier you can back the limb bolts out about 3 or more turns to reduce the weight. When you're done switching the mod then squeeze the cable and riser with one hand and cut the zip tie with a pair of scissors.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, including the POTUS
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

So if i back the limb bolts out a bit i should be able to change it out?

Actually you can completely back the limb bolts out on a Cheetah. These bows are made not to need presses. I did it last year to change a string set. Just make sure you do a little on both sides, not completely back out one limb at a time.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________
    WHoopety-DOOOOOO

Wow! I never knew that. But yeah when i turn my limb bolts i never do more than a half turn on each at a time that way i can keep count of how many times i turn each one.