Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top 10 and Team Scores for 2012-13 Ninth Annual Deer Contest

8K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Midlife Crisis 
#1 ·
Well, you can check out the Top 10 and Team Scores for 2012/13 Ninth Annual Deer Contest To see the top ten teams and scores for each team in the attached pdf file.

Congratulations to Team 36 – Flatliners for taking first place in a fiercely fought competition! Never has the competition been so close, with the top five teams each having a chance as we came down to the end. Never has the winning margin of the first place team over the second place team been so close.

For the second year in a row, success was a little more evenly distributed among the teams than in prior years, which is one factor leading to a lower-than-average winning team final score. There were, however, more points per hunter in this year’s competition than the average of the previous 7 years. All in all, I’d say it was a very successful time in the woods for our AT competitors.

For those of you who counted, I made 4 scoring mistakes (animal attributed to wrong person on team or type on the number of points) during the season that I had to correct. Not too bad, considering more than 600 animals were scored, but I apologize to the hunters who had to send me a pm so I could get it straightened out. Just be thankful I don’t clear your checks at the bank….

Thanks to Randy (Beamen123) for setting up all the team threads and for his sound counsel throughout the season when we had to deal with issues about scoring. We look for reasons to accept scores, not to deny them and unfortunately we had a couple very difficult decisions this year.

Hope to see all of you back in next year’s contest. Mark your calendars: first sign-ups will be July 7, 2013.

Tom (Midlife Crisis)

Here are the top 10 teams through March 1, 2013 and post 672 - these are the final team scores.

Rank Team Name .................................................Inches 8ths
1 Team 36 - Flatliners ...................................... 1,439 1
2 Team 41 - The Rack Attack ................................. 1,423 0
3 Team 29 - Bubbas and Booners .............................. 1,421 3
4 Team 13 - Lucky 13 ........................................ 1,413 2
5 Team 34 - MOTley Crew ..................................... 1,377 0
6 Team 9 - Headhunters ...................................... 1,349 6
7 Team 18 - Bows n' Bros .................................... 1,349 2
8 Team 4 - Carbon Poisoning ................................. 1,338 0
9 Team 5 - Hardwoods Heart Stoppers ......................... 1,319 1
10 Team 43 - The Big Buck Theory 43 .......................... 1,254 3
A member list for each team, score by team member, and team scores can be accessed through the pdf file link below (you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to read the file). The pdf file will open in a separate window. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is a free download and is found here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

You will need to download it and install it on your computer before trying to read the attached file below:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Team scores were updated March 1, 2013 to reflect scores through post #672 in the official scoring thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.