a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Obsession Bows for sale ?

Obsession Bows for sale ?

why so many Obsession bows for sale ? I want one so bad , I'm starting to get a little nervous now , is there something up with these ?

£lite Z28,QAD HDX,Trophy Ridge Alpha V5,Stokerized

I would say that 99% of the people who bought one did so without ever shooting one first...going on the belief that they might love it. After they got it, maybe it just wasn't for them. For whatever reason they decided to move on and try something else. I know some people didn't like the grip that they changed to after the ATA show. Guys buy and sell bows here every day, for no other reason than to try something new...don't read too much into it.
    Drape's Archery...The Best Archery Shop In Western NY!

Not knocking on it. But I tried out the Lethal Force and Sniper XS. They are okay. But not for the prices they are asking for. I would wait 2 or 3 more years so they can build better bows. Im sticking with my Helim and Hoyt CE !

A brand new Sniper XS with an extra set of strings just went for $575 shipped on AT Classifieds. I am not even in the market for a bow and I thought about that one. This is one of the reasons that I don't buy new bows. I have to spend some time with a bow before I know that the bow is for me or not. I don't want to have to lose $300 every time I do that.
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

What month is it? Some people are waiting for the new release and are making room for a new one.

Ps. The guy that built those bows has been doing so for many years so I don't think they need 2-3 more to build "good"'bows.

I read and heard they were also having some tuning issues with them.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    New Breed Cyborg 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Fatal Steel/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

not the smoothest bow out there as they claim. My helim and Hoyt CE are smoother!

I have the Lethal Force. They have gone back to the original grip and I love it. The bow has a very stiff pull up front but it breaks over to a nice valley and holds great. On the shot its is so dead in your hand that you can not feel any vibration. Some people are changing shims on the cams to get perfect center shots. I think most bows have little issues and most are will not even be noticed by the average shooter. I shot the Heli M and I like the feel of the Lethal Force better. I shoot an older Mathews and it was a a solid hard pull all the way back with no hump. This LF has a hump up front and smooths out great. Many bows are using this draw cycle now. There are many great bows on the market now and it would be hard to go wrong with most of them. The newer companies just don't have the name yet and do not hold value like the big name bows. I don't think they are any better just better known.

My addiction, actually I have 2, Draws as smooth as the element rkt I had this year, it is also much more dead in hand and a better wall. They do like a weaker spine unless you shim them but will shoot broadheads with same point of impact as fp with a weak spine and factory shims.
    Great bows and I have had 10 bows since January this year. I believe thiswill be my hunting bow unless the stevens inception surprises me.

Just because you see so many in the classifieds doesnt mean they are bad bows. I notice the A.T used bow section is always selling bows way cheaper than they are worth just so They can get what ever they can and then buy something else. Its all brands that are selling really*cheap. it comes and goes in phases. Plus wait and see what there next design is for 2013.
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

The only bad thing I have heard is they are no where near there ibo speeds

Sent from my archerytalk viewing device using Tapatalk
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

Quote Originally Posted by olemil4me View Post

Sent from my archerytalk viewing device using Tapatalk
    All the reviews I've read recently have been very close or well within the IBO range.
    God is good!

Mine is very close, addiction out of the box at 68.5lbs 28.5" draw, 346 gr arrow with Dloop, peep and dloop style kisser is 317fps through a pact chronograph. I was pleasantly surprised.

Selling mine cause I just wanted to try it out and see if I liked it better than the Vendetta DC. The Addiction is around 342 ibo and the Vendetta is 339. Just like the draw of the Vendetta better.

Quote Originally Posted by TREESTANDSNYPER View Post
    I would say that 99% of the people who bought one did so without ever shooting one first...going on the belief that they might love it. After they got it, maybe it just wasn't for them. For whatever reason they decided to move on and try something else. I know some people didn't like the grip that they changed to after the ATA show. Guys buy and sell bows here every day, for no other reason than to try something new...don't read too much into it.
    Pretty good explanation.

I think the draw may be alittle different for some too. If you've had NO experience with the binary cam system the draw seems weird at first. But you get used to it and, atleast in my case, it became the gold standard for smooth.
    "Your Legacy is made between Yesterday and Tomorrow"
    "Here We Go Paw Paw!"-Shelby Stanga

Not all they are cracked up to be IMO.
    Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

Also, I think there's a disconnect on the definition of smooth among most people on the forum here.

My definition is a seemless transition to the wall. Not how stout the draw is.

I had a sniper, was a nice bow. Did not get along with the grip, it is a good bow, just not for me, and biggest letdown was that resale was low.
    Phoenix
    Invasion
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    ShootersArchery
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

Quote Originally Posted by MELLY-MEL View Post
    I had a sniper, was a nice bow. Did not get along with the grip, it is a good bow, just not for me, and biggest letdown was that resale was low.
    Always the case. Expecially for a brand new company. It does suck. I know if I hate my LF when it comes it I'll probably only get 650 if I'm lucky.

The same reason many people buy releases and sights and everything else. They have shooting issues and it is easier to buy a new bow or release and blame the problem on the equipment. If you want to shoot good for a little while then buy a new bow or release. The new equipment will take you mind away from the problems for a while and you will shoot good and then its back to the same old thing once you get us to the release or bow. Its the old saying; you can't buy points.

Excuse me, I have to go and shop for a new bow!

Quote Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
    Always the case. Expecially for a brand new company. It does suck. I know if I hate my LF when it comes it I'll probably only get 650 if I'm lucky.
    Yeah man, its a bummer, but it does go with the territory.
    Phoenix
    Invasion
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    ShootersArchery
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

Quote Originally Posted by MELLY-MEL View Post
    Yeah man, its a bummer, but it does go with the territory.
    On the brightside.....if you're looking for an Obsession you can get a hell of a deal! lol