Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Archery

I never had a problem & yes they have answered my emails with in 3 days

Alt Archery has been helpful to members of my club. I recommended them as an option when stuck and not being able to buy locally or nationally. It's still worth spending a few pennies more or waiting a little longer to get it from a local dealer or a national one like Lancaster. It's better for the sport to have a local place to purchase goods and get help. Local stores facilitates locals jobs. I haven't really seen anyone get rich at this sport except for maybe 'one' arrow/bow manufacturer.

My two cents.

You mean Hoyt and Easton .

I might go pick up my Xenotech at Lancasters and my limbs at Alternatives since they have a set of limbs I want and can't get anywhere else.

Well, I can't complain about Hoyt/Easton. That's work that's here and not overseas. Besides, in my super novice opinion, they make great gear but so does Sky, Spigarelli and Bernardini. (I mention them because I'm in Italy half of the time.) As for limbs that you can't get locally, I understand. I would just like to be able to test the MK Korea/Formula limbs as the korean manufacturers have outstanding product. It's not easy to do that where I live. I'm not pointing a finger, just throwing out those two dirty pennies again.

Zero complaints for Alternative here. I've ordered from them *a lot*.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris RL View Post
    Zero complaints for Alternative here. I've ordered from them *a lot*.
    ..+1..
    two x-factor(25") set-ups with sure-loc supreme/ quest-x /hoyt super rest,cavalier champion II rest,beiter plunger and clicker, soma cex2 29" rod, doinker chubby backweight,fomax damper,jager grips....70" 26# samick athlete limbs..68" 34# border HEX5-H mk2 limbs..32# 68" border CXG limbs...mckinney II 725 arrows...PLUS spigarelli explorer II barebow riser..

Hi, The first order for a Cartel Riser and Fantom Limbs was delivered 6 days after order. I then ordered some stabilizers and tools from them. They arrived at the ISC-USPS center in New York August 9, 2012 and nobody can locate or find them. Impossible to track and
    they may take 4-6 weeks for delivery (If found). I have given up, so from now on I will order from Arrowsport Archery and Lancaster
    Archery. No more overseas orders. Regards
    Norman Storer

Sorry to hear Norman. This place has horrible customer service and they don't care!!! Don't order from them

Quote Originally Posted by Darthat View Post
    Sorry to hear Norman. This place has horrible customer service and they don't care!!! Don't order from them
    Thanks, Never again. Have already ordered replacement parts that were lost from US. Lancaster and Arrowsport. Stuff has been shipped
    and will be here tommorow.
    Norman

I ordered many times each year for past 4 years without issues. Problem due to shippers/carriers?

I've had consistently good service from Alternative. They make parts available that you can't find at Lancaster or elsewhere, e.g. an extra grip for my W&W/SF Forged +, Shibuya sight parts. When a tip flew off my W&W/SF limbs six months after purchase they were very good about replacing them with a new set. They are much better than Lancaster at providing accurate delivery dates for items not in stock and communicating when there are delays.

I have also found some of their prices, even when trans-pond shipping has been taken into account, to be quite good. I've only had one "problem" where an item in their catalog was insufficiently documented on their website causing me to order (and have to return) a wrong part, but I've had similar problems with Lancaster.

Occasionally they act human, surly, like they have a life outside of work, like a company run by two people, like they're not trying to convince me that serving me is their primary goal in life. I'm okay with that. They've always pulled through for me. I like doing business with humans. Better that than having to listen to the "Lancaster Archery Supply" jingle on the phone one more time.

I do like Lancaster and do a good deal of business with them, and I also like having Alternative as an alternative to Lancaster.

my friend and i have ordered from them probably 10 times. no problems. that being said , i only order things from them that i might not mind waiting for. the only time i had to wait was 3 weeks for a pair of limbsbut they were half the price of anywhere in the states.. anything i order im saving big on so i dont mind if its not the best customer service in the world (although for me its always been good). if you want mom and pop service then go give your local guys your business instead of trying to save a buck ordering from an internet only sales company overseas.. this seems like common cents to me (easy for me to say as i havent gotten the run around some of you have experienced).
    GOOD FUN AND GOOD SHOOTING, Ryan.

I bought an Italian riser from them and I got it fast, I have bought 2 or 3 other small package items, and never had anything but good luck. I do however see how having to wait and ship back and forth due to a part missing or improper part being shipped could get frustrating, but I think that you have to be willing to wait the extra time knowing that they are accross the ocean.

Kasey

If you pay for an apple, you should get an apple, not a half eaten apple. My riser came without limb bolts. You can't shoot the bloody thing without them. When you pay for express ship and get the main item fast that's all good, if you can use it. They shipped the bolts on a slow boat to China, and won't be here for 2 weeks. That is what is unacceptable.

[QUOTE=Darthat;1064923419]If you pay for an apple, you should get an apple, not a half eaten apple. My riser came without limb bolts. You can't shoot the bloody thing without them. When you pay for express ship and get the main item fast that's all good, if you can use it. They shipped the bolts on a slow boat to China, and won't be here for 2 weeks. That is what is unacceptable.[/QUOTE

I hope that they get through Customs OK.
    Regards
    Norman

Your frustration is understandable. I would be steaming too and the forum benefits from knowing about your problem. Nevertheless Alternative is an important resource in our world and I don't like to see an otherwise good company or person vilified based on one mistake. We Americans are, unfortunately, very good at that - Always ready to pound the table demanding the resignation of an otherwise qualified person based on one failure when, in fact, that person is the one person on the planet least likely to make the same mistake again.

Now get yourself a stretch band and start working on your shot sequence and you might look back on the two weeks without your new bow as the best thing that ever happened for your archery skills.

Quote Originally Posted by agillator View Post
    Your frustration is understandable. I would be steaming too and the forum benefits from knowing about your problem. Nevertheless Alternative is an important resource in our world and I don't like to see an otherwise good company or person vilified based on one mistake. We Americans are, unfortunately, very good at that - Always ready to pound the table demanding the resignation of an otherwise qualified person based on one failure when, in fact, that person is the one person on the planet least likely to make the same mistake again.

Now get yourself a stretch band and start working on your shot sequence and you might look back on the two weeks without your new bow as the best thing that ever happened for your archery skills.
    ....well said..

i just got my order of extra weights for my barebow spigarelli explorer II within 2 weeks and that's not bad considering i'm about 8000 miles away.....

...and that's just regular mail...
    two x-factor(25") set-ups with sure-loc supreme/ quest-x /hoyt super rest,cavalier champion II rest,beiter plunger and clicker, soma cex2 29" rod, doinker chubby backweight,fomax damper,jager grips....70" 26# samick athlete limbs..68" 34# border HEX5-H mk2 limbs..32# 68" border CXG limbs...mckinney II 725 arrows...PLUS spigarelli explorer II barebow riser..

Any supplier doing business on a world-wide basis is bound to make some mistakes; it's the nature of the beast. However, I've ordered dozens of items from Alt Services over the years, rangeing from risers/limbs to tabs, plungers, arrows, rests, etc. I've always experienced great service, pricing and deliveries from them. It's easy to see why they only want to communicate via e-mail when one considers the cost of overseas phone calls. I'll continue to use them and recommend them to others.
    Jack

Have anyone of you that ordered risers and limbs from them ever have to pay import customs taxes when you received your items?

I bought a set of limbs from Alt and did not have any import custom fees, but that was 5 years ago. Don't know if things have changed since then.
    SASKATCHEWAN
    ITALIAN RISERS KOREAN LIMBS

Nope
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlepop View Post
    I stopped buying from Alternative the first time I saw this statement.

"Mix and Match Warning

The basic principle of International fitting limbs and risers is for all items, regardless of manufacturer, to be interchangeable. However, due to the re-design of certain manufacturers products this is no longer the case.

A particular case in point is the current range of Hoyt risers where the pivot point has now been moved back in line with the dovetail location. This pivot point on most other bows is on the leading edge of the pocket. This has resulted in some cases of poor fitting and non-alignment of limbs and in extreme cases even breakage due to the increased strain on the limbs."

Anyone care to validate this Alternative claim and explain how reflex/deflex can prevent limb alignment or how other bows are exempt from "extreme cases"?
    With the "original" ILF system the limbs loaded on the floor of the limb pocket. So, for example, with my Samick Master Riser and Limbs the limb loads on the riser around one cm forwards of the dovetail. Hoyt changed their ILF design so that the limb loaded level with the dovetail. This was inevitable when they introduced their washer based alignment system where the limb loads on the bar carrying the dovetail slot. Problems can occur when you "mix and match" the two systems in terms of the limb loading. An example I've seen is where new Hoyt limbs where installed on an old Hoyt ILF riser. The limbs were damaged by being loaded at the edge of the limb pocket when the limbs were designed to load at the dovetail slot position. Probably a rare occurrence where the combination causes a problem (and you could say it was user error) but presumably Alternative had enough returns to issue the warning.

Most of my stuff came from Alternative and no problems. The key with any on line-purchasing is to know exactly what you want up front and don't expect the dealer to work out what it is you need.

Alternative Sporting

Hi. I would like to clarify what happened with Alternative Services. All my order has arrived except for the
    stabilizers. They got to the US on Aug 9, 2012 but our highly intelligent Customs Offices at ISC New York
    decided they were a risk when they went through the scanning process as they thought they resembled a rifle
    and handgun barrel even thought the paperwork said they were Archery Stabilizers. They then sent me letter
    today requesting an explanation. I have answered back with a copy of the purchase order and they will then
    transfer package to the USPS for delivery. In all fairness it was not Alternative Services fault at all. I will add
    this experience to others I have had with Government Agencies. Regards
    Norman2

It's funny that the HPX is cheaper from Alt Services than from Lancaster..

I believe they price competitively with local shops worldwide and adjust their prices to take into account the extra shipping costs from the UK.
    The main UK fencing supplier, Leon Paul, does the same thing with their products.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast