a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Victory VAP arrows?

Victory VAP arrows?

For you guys that are or have used these arrows what is the trick to getting them to spin straight with the stainless inserts? I thought i would use these arrows this year but dang they are terrible to get to spin without a wobble. Ideas? I am talking about the stainless inserts and the V1 350's.

"winners and losers are self determined but only the winners are willing to admit it"
    " you don't have to be on a southern plantation to be a slave, if you are dependent on government entitlements you just have a different slave owner"

DELMARVA(east coasrt)MID ATLANTIC REGION )WORLD WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF ANY ARCHERY PRODUCT
    go to blk eagle rampages make the vics look like somthing from the walmart archery arrow holder imo

Wow my V3 VAP'S spin strait square the ends first glue them in thats all I did and spins great.

DELMARVA(east coasrt)MID ATLANTIC REGION )WORLD WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF ANY ARCHERY PRODUCT
    or if your seking a vap stlye go for the blk eagle DEEP IMPACTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkat9000 View Post
    go to blk eagle rampages make the vics look like somthing from the walmart archery arrow holder imo

VAP's are great arrows.

If the inserts are not working for you, try the Firenock aero-outserts.
    Ashland County Ohio

I'm using Firenock Outserts in mine and I didn't have any arrows out of the dozen that wobbled.
    Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

How much do the firenock outserts weigh?
    "winners and losers are self determined but only the winners are willing to admit it"
    " you don't have to be on a southern plantation to be a slave, if you are dependent on government entitlements you just have a different slave owner"

30-33 grains base on size. larger the size (hole/OD) lighter the weight
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Dorge what are the outserts made of? SS or aluminum? How long are they?

Question on the Vaps and Using Firenock outserts: If I have some VAP's now that have the 33gr. Penetrator insert adaptors installed in them, can I take an arrow saw and cut off the exposed part of the penetrator (leaving the part in the shaft that has been glued)and install the Firenock outserts to those shafts? It would keep me from wasting 1/2 doz. of the VAP's I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonerbrad View Post

They are made from aluminum which worried me at first also. I have to say though I have been putting them through their paces and everything is still as square as when I got them so far!
    Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

Victroy VAP and Outserts

I have installed the original Aluminum Penetrator, proto-type stainless 5/16" penetrator, and the 9/32" stainless Penetrator, which is currently marketed. All of them installed perfectly after squaring the carbon shaft with an arrow squaring device. I use a G5 ASD. You might try spinning the shaft with the adapter installed but without point to verify the alignment of the adapter and rule out a point/broadhead installation issue. I usually do this and check the nock for wobble at the same time.

I am currently using the 110-gr 5/16" SS Penetrators the Victroy VAP 300s for the Monster and the 90-gr 9/32" SS Penetrators for the Prestige. The SS Penetrators aligned true and fly great, plus withstand some real abuse ... but you have to want to shoot a heavy arrow with high-FOC.

I have some residual doubts about using any aluminum outsert, especially with today's high energy/speed bows, which carry back to my old Beman pultruded shaft days. IMHO, it would go a long ways in selling the aluminum Aero-outsert if some testing were done to demo its strength compared to the original HT/Victory aluminum adapters and the stronger stainless ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I decided on these shafts based on a few qualities i really wanted and the high FOC was one of them. Plus getting to use a stainless insert was a big plus to me. These i have wobble like crazy with a field point or with no point. I can not imagine how bad they would spin with a broadhead installed let alone shoot. The shafts have been squared.

G5 ASD squaring device may help. Put marker around the end of the insert and begin squaring. If you notice the marker sanding unevenly then you have identified the problem or wobble's source. Once you have evenly squared the insert end and all the marker is removed put a head on and spin test it again.

The stainless ones bend too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonerbrad View Post
    They are made of Forged 7075-T5 Aluminum, which is the about the same strength of 303 stainless. They are 34 mm in length total, with only 17 mm sticking out of the arrow shaft. and 17 mm covering the arrow itself. So there are about 3 mm of the point, screw and the insert are over lapping each other. FYI 7075 ultimate strength before forging process is about 75,000PSI, 303 Stainless is 89,900PSI, while 6061-T6 is only 42,000PSI or less than half of stainless.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

What is the total weight of the .589 outsert and also the total length sticking out of arrow? Is it only 17mm after my carbon to carbon measurement being a little over 5/8"s?
    DNA---------27.5/65 , 2013 BG 3 PIN ASCENT, VAPORTRAIL LIMBDRIVER PRO-V , PSE-X-QUIVER,G5 META PEEP 3/16

No issues with my VAP's with SS inserts. If you are getting a wobble I would guess you haven't squared the shafts.
    Mathews MR5 29"@71lbs
    My arrow build thread:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1685182
    Gold Tip Kinetic Big Game .200 752gr@239fps 24.21% FOC
    Victory VAP .250 620gr@262fps 22.75% FOC

Shafts are squared. It is in the stainless inserts. Dorge i will call you tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

If I go from a VForce to a VAP do I need to re-adjust my rest and nock point.
    Alpine Nitrous N20 64# 28DL
    Easton Carbon Injextion
    TruBall Short-n-Sweet
    Ripcord code red
    Apex Covert

Im thinking about getting the vap v3's. Do the 5/16th penetrator outsert come with the arrows? I been looking at some websites like midway USA and others say sold separately.
    My buddy has the arrows and he got them from a bow dealer and I asked him did those outserts come with those arrows and he said yes.