Archery Talk Forum banner

My 2012!! 160 plus gross Kentucky buck!!!

15K views 193 replies 158 participants last post by  UncleBoo 
#1 ·

I am beyond excited besides my child being born may 25 2012 best day of my life!!!!! More pics to come busted him with ulmer edge and wow what s hole more pics to follow !!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Biggest I have ever taken main frame 9 point with 12 scoreable points
A good friend roughed scored him and did not give me anything and we got 162 could be more could be less but I could care less on the score
I nicknamed him "waltz" because we were going to dance I told my buddies lol
Kinda bitter sweet I do not get to dream what he is doing no more

#11 ·
Dandy buck right there for sure.

Congrats
DB

#12 ·
lets get a story for that dandy!

#18 ·
Watched this buck for about a month I knew I had to get him on the ground quick done other guys hunt the same piece of land and they are "killers" they know what they are doing
I set up three cameras and was getting done awesome pictures of him and video as well he was hanging around four different bucks every time I seen him a nice eight point 120 ish and a decent none point around 130 I hunted yesterday morning no luck at all went back in thinking deer would move with a storm we had coming in 25 minutes before I was going to climb down it started pouring the rain lightning thunder the whole nine yards something told me to stay put he is going to come I stood up turned around low and behold the eight point walked under me followed by the nine point I knew he was next and sure enough he gave me a 20 yard shot broad sided and I let it fly he dropped on the spot!!!!! I followed up with two more arrows it was pouring the rain and I did not want him to get up and run the good lord knew I would not find blood in that heavy down pour I called some buddies and the celebration started people were waiting on me at my vehicle when I came out news travels fast via facebook lol a lot of guys was hunting this buck I was just at the right place right time

#48 ·
I honestly believe the rain is responsible for getting more bucks killed than any other single factor i can think of (cold fronts work too). My buddies and i have always said that when its raining, its time to get in the woods and kill something. Congrats on your buck - he's a dandy for sure!

#22 ·
Awesome buck! Can`t wait to see an read more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.