a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My homemade compound bow

My homemade compound bow

Good morning everyone, I´d like to share my homemade compound bow, I live in Brazil and here a good archery equipment has a very high cost due to federal taxes, the price doubles!! That's what motivated me to build my own equipment ... not quite ready, the strings are provisional and need to finish, which will end soon ...
    Thank you all ...

NICE!!!! Just curious is archery hunting popular in Brazil (just asking givenwhat you said about taxes and cost) what is poundag of the draw and speed? You may not have those answers but I would be interesed in knowing. Great looking bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Impressive.
    Tomorrow is not promised. Everyday is a blessing, treat it as such.
    VCU- HAVOC LIVES HERE!!!!!!
    2010 Hoyt Turbo Hawk
    Rage 100 gr 2-blade hypodermic; Rage 100 gr 3-blade extreme; Easton Axis Infused
    http://therivah.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmason390 View Post
    NICE!!!! Just curious is archery hunting popular in Brazil (just asking givenwhat you said about taxes and cost) what is poundag of the draw and speed? You may not have those answers but I would be interesed in knowing. Great looking bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Impressive.
    Hello dmason390, thanks for the comment ...
    Archery is not very popular in Brazil, we have a forum that brings together about 8,000 archers, maybe that's the number of practitioners across the country, because the values ​​are too high to have a good equipment, a bow of $ 1,000, 00 in the USA costs U.S. $ 2,000.00 in Brazil, including government fees and profit of the seller ...
    My homemade compound bow will approximate 50 ~ 55 lbs, ATA 31 ``, 50% let-off, 7 `` Brace height, weight 5lbs ...
    Sorry for the english ....

That is awsome, I like the design of it expecially the wood! I have been cerious if it was possible to build a bow from scratch and this just proves the concept!

Great work and design work Fabio. Sorry to hear about the cost for you just to get commercially built archery equipment, I would have probably gone the same route you did and make whatever I could to be able to shoot, if I couldnt get archery equipment. I wish you the best of luck and again, fantastic workmanship and design. I envy your creative ability in the bow you have created.
    2013 Athens Convixtion ENGINEERED TO KILL
    CBE Sights, Limb Driver Rest, Stokerized Stabilizer, G5, Wasp Jakhammer Broadheads

Sweet idea!

does the taxes and double price apply to ordering a bow online from the states? Just curious. great build btw!

Looks good, but do you think the wooden riser will hold up? I'd be concerned about the grip throat area, especially if you have any torque in the system.

Amazing job! I am very impressed with your motivation! How did you figure out the correct weight load for your bow draw weight?

I like it!

keep us posted with your project!

What material did you make the limbs out of?

Wow look out Mathews there's a new bow in the works looks good

Quote Originally Posted by fabiomic View Post
    Good morning everyone, I´d like to share my homemade compound bow, I live in Brazil and here a good archery equipment has a very high cost due to federal taxes, the price doubles!! That's what motivated me to build my own equipment ... not quite ready, the strings are provisional and need to finish, which will end soon ...
    Thank you all ...

tremendous job........looks great

That is so cool great job
    Bowtech Insanity black ops 70lbs, HHA DS5519, Axion Pulse
    Mathews Chill black, 70lbs, HHA, Axion Pulse rest

Impressive!

I must say, that bow looks "Friggin' Sweet" ! I think you did an excellent job on it. Thanks for posting it and welcome to AT.

Quote Originally Posted by z7MagnumFreak View Post
    Amazing job! I am very impressed with your motivation! How did you figure out the correct weight load for your bow draw weight?
    Thanks, the weight was measured by this balance (hand balance):

It was one of my fears, but I was tested and supported very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks good, but do you think the wooden riser will hold up? I'd be concerned about the grip throat area, especially if you have any torque in the system.
    It was one of my fears, but I was tested and supported very well...

Looks like a standard 2 cam design. How is the draw length adjusted or set? I thought there were string stops on the cams, but in the picture where you are drawn, I don't see what stops the rotation. Is this a no draw length/no let-off design?
    What about the cables, are you going to install a cable slide and guide rod?
    *It makes me cringe seeing you draw that bow with no arrow*

Sweet looking bow. Nice build fabio.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Thumbs up on that!!!

Hutch
    HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC. OWNER OF BOW STRING DEPOT!

Awesome!

Nathan
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks like a standard 2 cam design. How is the draw length adjusted or set? I thought there were string stops on the cams, but in the picture where you are drawn, I don't see what stops the rotation. Is this a no draw length/no let-off design?
    What about the cables, are you going to install a cable slide and guide rod?
    *It makes me cringe seeing you draw that bow with no arrow*
    It looks like the draw stop is on the other side of the bow from where he drawing it back notice both sides of the bow in the different pics
    Get that gata lizabeth, choot'em

very nice work!
    >>>---------->
    oldschoolcj5

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast