a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 246

Thread: My homemade compound bow

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brazil, Rolândia, Pr
    Posts
    43

    My homemade compound bow

    Good morning everyone, I´d like to share my homemade compound bow, I live in Brazil and here a good archery equipment has a very high cost due to federal taxes, the price doubles!! That's what motivated me to build my own equipment ... not quite ready, the strings are provisional and need to finish, which will end soon ...
    Thank you all ...







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wake Forest, North Carolina
    Posts
    471
    NICE!!!! Just curious is archery hunting popular in Brazil (just asking givenwhat you said about taxes and cost) what is poundag of the draw and speed? You may not have those answers but I would be interesed in knowing. Great looking bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Impressive.
    Tomorrow is not promised. Everyday is a blessing, treat it as such.
    VCU- HAVOC LIVES HERE!!!!!!
    2010 Hoyt Turbo Hawk
    Rage 100 gr 2-blade hypodermic; Rage 100 gr 3-blade extreme; Easton Axis Infused
    http://therivah.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brazil, Rolândia, Pr
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by dmason390 View Post
    NICE!!!! Just curious is archery hunting popular in Brazil (just asking givenwhat you said about taxes and cost) what is poundag of the draw and speed? You may not have those answers but I would be interesed in knowing. Great looking bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Impressive.
    Hello dmason390, thanks for the comment ...
    Archery is not very popular in Brazil, we have a forum that brings together about 8,000 archers, maybe that's the number of practitioners across the country, because the values ​​are too high to have a good equipment, a bow of $ 1,000, 00 in the USA costs U.S. $ 2,000.00 in Brazil, including government fees and profit of the seller ...
    My homemade compound bow will approximate 50 ~ 55 lbs, ATA 31 ``, 50% let-off, 7 `` Brace height, weight 5lbs ...
    Sorry for the english ....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pardeeville, Wi.
    Posts
    831
    That is awsome, I like the design of it expecially the wood! I have been cerious if it was possible to build a bow from scratch and this just proves the concept!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    506
    Great work and design work Fabio. Sorry to hear about the cost for you just to get commercially built archery equipment, I would have probably gone the same route you did and make whatever I could to be able to shoot, if I couldnt get archery equipment. I wish you the best of luck and again, fantastic workmanship and design. I envy your creative ability in the bow you have created.
    2013 Athens Convixtion ENGINEERED TO KILL
    CBE Sights, Limb Driver Rest, Stokerized Stabilizer, G5, Wasp Jakhammer Broadheads

  6. #6
    Sweet idea!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    287
    does the taxes and double price apply to ordering a bow online from the states? Just curious. great build btw!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,369
    Looks good, but do you think the wooden riser will hold up? I'd be concerned about the grip throat area, especially if you have any torque in the system.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nebraska Boondocks
    Posts
    435
    Amazing job! I am very impressed with your motivation! How did you figure out the correct weight load for your bow draw weight?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purcell, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,204
    I like it!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nebraska Boondocks
    Posts
    435
    keep us posted with your project!

    What material did you make the limbs out of?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southeast Iowa
    Posts
    43
    Wow look out Mathews there's a new bow in the works looks good

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiomic View Post
    Good morning everyone, I´d like to share my homemade compound bow, I live in Brazil and here a good archery equipment has a very high cost due to federal taxes, the price doubles!! That's what motivated me to build my own equipment ... not quite ready, the strings are provisional and need to finish, which will end soon ...
    Thank you all ...



    tremendous job........looks great

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Metairie LA
    Posts
    1,209
    That is so cool great job
    Bowtech Insanity black ops 70lbs, HHA DS5519, Axion Pulse
    Mathews Chill black, 70lbs, HHA, Axion Pulse rest

  15. #15
    Impressive!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,957
    I must say, that bow looks "Friggin' Sweet" ! I think you did an excellent job on it. Thanks for posting it and welcome to AT.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brazil, Rolândia, Pr
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by z7MagnumFreak View Post
    Amazing job! I am very impressed with your motivation! How did you figure out the correct weight load for your bow draw weight?
    Thanks, the weight was measured by this balance (hand balance):


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brazil, Rolândia, Pr
    Posts
    43
    It was one of my fears, but I was tested and supported very well...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brazil, Rolândia, Pr
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks good, but do you think the wooden riser will hold up? I'd be concerned about the grip throat area, especially if you have any torque in the system.
    It was one of my fears, but I was tested and supported very well...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24,369
    Looks like a standard 2 cam design. How is the draw length adjusted or set? I thought there were string stops on the cams, but in the picture where you are drawn, I don't see what stops the rotation. Is this a no draw length/no let-off design?
    What about the cables, are you going to install a cable slide and guide rod?
    *It makes me cringe seeing you draw that bow with no arrow*

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    S.E. Iowa
    Posts
    4,281
    Sweet looking bow. Nice build fabio.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gilmanton, New Hampshire, United States
    Posts
    1,819
    Thumbs up on that!!!




    Hutch
    HUTCH~N~SON ARCHERY LLC. OWNER OF BOW STRING DEPOT!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Port, FL
    Posts
    350
    Awesome!

    Nathan
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hidin in the brush
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks like a standard 2 cam design. How is the draw length adjusted or set? I thought there were string stops on the cams, but in the picture where you are drawn, I don't see what stops the rotation. Is this a no draw length/no let-off design?
    What about the cables, are you going to install a cable slide and guide rod?
    *It makes me cringe seeing you draw that bow with no arrow*
    It looks like the draw stop is on the other side of the bow from where he drawing it back notice both sides of the bow in the different pics
    Get that gata lizabeth, choot'em

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central Kentucky
    Posts
    6,688
    very nice work!
    >>>---------->
    oldschoolcj5

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •