Archery Talk Forum banner

My homemade compound bow

102K views 245 replies 178 participants last post by  calihunter4 
#1 ·
Good morning everyone, I´d like to share my homemade compound bow, I live in Brazil and here a good archery equipment has a very high cost due to federal taxes, the price doubles!! That's what motivated me to build my own equipment ... not quite ready, the strings are provisional and need to finish, which will end soon ...
Thank you all ...

See less See more
#34 ·
Good job!

Can you tell us about your limbs? They appear to be metal, but that might be just the angle of the photo.

What wood species are you using for the riser?

Allen

#35 ·
Now your on to something. You can build and sell them in Brazil... Great job!

#41 ·
I admire your workmanship and creativity!

#42 ·
Impressive!

#43 ·
some bow company should snatch u up.

#48 ·
Love it!! Great work for building everything. Love the idea of the roller guard. Very simple yet effective. Looks like a string stop is in the works as well. Only advice I see and was wondering about from the first pics.....it looks like you will have fletching clearance issues at least with the current position of your rest. Nice rest though considering it looks homemade as well.

#51 ·
Looks heavy, but Very, very cool. Can't tell from design if you plan to add sights and rest . Post more pics when you get some arrows a target. What will you do for arrows?

#55 ·
That is impressive. And please don't apologize for your English. It seems like 75% of Americans can't spell or put a sentence together.

What are you using for your string? It looks like a piece of rope or something. Is that just a mock up or do you plan on using it with that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.