Thread: help!! brace for shoulder???

help!! brace for shoulder???

my buddy is very excited to get to bowhunt but his problem is he has a shoulder problem where his shoulder will pop out of socket when he draws a bow back, cross bow is a no go in ny for archery season, and just dont know enough about a draw lock, any brace out there that could aid in the draw of a bow? please any help would be apreciated i really want to get this friend into the woods with a bow , and season only 3 weeks away , thanks adam

2013 BowTech Expierence Blackops 62lb 29" draw
    QAD Hdx........Spot Hogg Hogg IT 5 Pin,
    Easton Bloodline 400,s 100gr Rage chisel
    Carter Simple 1

I would think NY would have a xbow permit system in place like many other states for medical reasons like his.
    Educate yourself and test hang in your safety harness, it may save your life one day.

Im not sure if the Draw lock is legal in NY. i dont know any brace that he could use and still be able to draw the bow at all. Good luck

I just did a search.There are alot of different shoulder braces out there.I would recommend him seeing an orthopedic dr.

i would suggest extensive shoulder strengthening. as someone said there are many braces for the shoulder itself. could do a google search or look on amazon.

Definitely see an ortho doc. Somebody in sports preferred. Explain the motion and resistance required to draw the bow back. Don't know a brace will help. Sounds like something is torn that surrounds the shoulder joint.

I called the dec they told me with his situation a crossbow permit is a no , but a draw lock could be used with special permit , and he really doesnt have the money to be seeing a doctor but I think if we can find a happy medium draw weight that he can pull and it's heavy enough to still kill a deer I think he should be fine , thanks guys!
    2013 BowTech Expierence Blackops 62lb 29" draw
    QAD Hdx........Spot Hogg Hogg IT 5 Pin,
    Easton Bloodline 400,s 100gr Rage chisel
    Carter Simple 1

I bought a used bow from my neighbor that had a Draw-Loc on it. Great piece of gear, he had it for a similar situation. I shot a few times with it, even my wife could "cock and lock" it.