a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redbull anti-hunter commercial??

Redbull anti-hunter commercial??

Was watching TV tonight and this commercial came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p6QFwiTdak

Not sure what to think about it. Is Redbull trying to make some kind of statement here. What do you guys think about it?

Strange commercial.
    Strother SX Rush
    Limbdriver Pro V
    Boss Hogg
    Injexions
    Exodus

That is odd. Looks to be anti-hunting.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the creator of red bull is austrian. Apparently they don't hunt in austria.
    "We've hunted hard for three days..."

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    I think it's pretty funny. I can not expect everyone to like what I do. Maybe One of the archery companies can do a spin off poke commercial about energy drinks.
    2012 Maitland Halo 28/60
    2012 Bowtech Insanity APG

It kinda pissed me off when I saw it the other day.
    Mathews heli m, ripcord rest, viper microtune, axion stabilizer, maxima hunter, and t5 quiver. God I love living in illinois...other than the whole corrupt government thing......

I thought it was weird the first time i saw it. O well redbull sucks anyways
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

That sucks I like drinking Redbull too, but not before a hunt, I think it would definitely smell
    PSE Supra Max blackout... Breathn Strings and tuned... DCA arrows...

Well the heir to Redbull is wanted for hit and run injury or death in some country.
    2013 Insanity Black Opps 60lb draw
    PSE Xweave Pro 200s with 100gr T3s

I find it a little too stupid for me to find it insulting. If it was anti-hunter they would have portrayed a hunter in a more negative light. Mocking? Yes. Anti-hunter? No. but that JMO. Lord knows if a hog was chasing me through and I had a double-barrell in my hand I would have put the thumpty thump on him. If it is anti-hunter it was an awful attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by BowtechKicks View Post
    Well the heir to Redbull is wanted for hit and run injury or death in some country.
    Yeah, maybe they should focus their efforts on wreckless driving videos and anti sex slave initiatives. http://news.yahoo.com/red-bull-heir-...08.html?_esi=1.
    2008 Bowtech Tomkat, 29"/70 lb. draw, Torqueless Grip

Quote Originally Posted by GaryZ View Post
    I believe the creator of red bull is austrian. Apparently they don't hunt in austria.
    Guys do this stuff in germany and austria quite regularly, but only the rich elite, and only with guns (throughout most of Europe bow hunting is illegal, based on the fact it is silent and as land owners there own everything on their land, including wildlife though their gov. gives them tags to sell as they please, someone who can potentially come in silently and take animals is seen to be unfavourable, and invites poaching). Check this video out... now I don't care what anyone says this guy is incredible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byChkCfZqbE
    Darton DS3800, 73# at 30.5" draw, QAD Pro HD, Scorpion Strings, 6" Axion Stab, Easton FMJ 300

Hunting as a Discipline- Hunting is not a sport, it's a way of life. (Sorta like kung-fu that fills your belly)

Saw it repeatedly last night. Sure looked anti, or at least belittling to me. I can't even boycott them cause I don't drink that crap.
    waiting on a bow.......

Diffiantly anti hunting
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by GaryZ View Post
    Austria... they hunt wild boar. I don't consider it anti hunting.

On a side note. When red bull first made it up here I was dressed all in my cam on a deer hunt when we hit a local restauraunt on stop for camp showers. The red bull rep was there.... wow what a looker. She ended up giving me a few red bulls on comp and her #. Never called her nor did I drink my red bull. I am talking about 7-8 years ago., maybe when my ex-wife was pregnant with my son.

Again wow to the rep and she was friendly.
    2008 Ross Cardiac 70Lbs, QAD pro HD, Sims modular stab, Copper john dead nutz 2 sight, Scott Sabertooth release, G5 Meta peep, beman arrows with ONESTRINGER arrow wraps topped with Slick Tricks or GT2's and RIDGERUNNER sling

CanadianQuest...I can't access your link, maybe because I don't subscribe to youtube or facebook or any other social site.
    I can't be the only one. A readable link would be great.
    "We've hunted hard for three days..."

I didn't see it as anti-hunting...more like odd & unimaginative.

Why so serious? I guess looney toons is anti-hunter because elmer fudd has such a hard time catching wabbits. just my opinion but seems it's all meant in good fun (the ad is stupid, though, I didn't laugh and it didn't make me want to buy a red bull)
    The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a bow, is a good guy with a bow

The cartoon boar called the hunter "Animal Killer". To me, that has very negative connotations and indirectly jabs at hunters. Otherwise, the boar would have called him "
    hunter". Disney has made less blatant anti-hunting cartoons. I am confused about the news press on the Bangkok kid who killed the Thai cop with his Ferrari. I too thought that Red Bull had Austrian or German roots. The article says the founder was from Thailand. Regardless, they should spend their efforts on cleaning up their own crappy third world country and it's moral and ethical problems. I'll be drinking Monster Energy from now on.
    2008 Bowtech Tomkat, 29"/70 lb. draw, Torqueless Grip

I would agree that the term animal killer has a negative connotation. That ad was freaking stupid.
    You can't shoot a big one if you shoot a little one first.
    You can't shoot anything if you aren't out trying.

I wouldn't say anti hunting. Most red bull commercials are kinda odd, so this doesn't surprise me.
    2011 Elite Hunter, HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite 5019, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Harvest Time Archery HT-2

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

Well I hate Redbull anyway....

The ad is stupid, and lacks the creativity seen in the others I have seen. That's about it.

I can see how it is anti hunting when they use the phrase animal killer, even if they are not anti hunting why would you say it like that? I'm sure the anti hunter's look at it as a company that would back up their cause. I used to use a splaash of Red Bull in my Vodca but no more.
    Geauga Bow Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter, Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Testament,QAD Rest,Doinker 12"Dish,Viper Sight,Target setup,Midas2 rest,27" front and 12"side Bstinger

I agree that red bull commercials are just weird and at first I did not see this as anti-hunting, but after watching it several times I think it is. Whatever way you look at it, it's certainly not pro-hunting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast