Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpine Roxstar new for 2013

ugh thats just unpleasant to the eyes

I like it.. better if the limbs were'nt regular camo..I personally have not found an alpine that I did not like.. to each his own..

Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    You all just keep hatin';I'll just keep winning with them!
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... I shoot them all,and just pick the one that likes me!!!!

can someone post the pic on here? website is blocked here at work

Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    Quote Originally Posted by forsythe04 View Post
    can someone post the pic on here? website is blocked here at work
    Where do you work,Mathews or Bowtech?LOL
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... I shoot them all,and just pick the one that likes me!!!!

Black limbs would be much much better

Nice bow & anodized camo for all you guys who moan about bow finish quality.

The riser shape is not excessively reflexed yet either 6.5 or 7.5 inch brace height, a forgiving 34.5 inch ATA and a decent 330 fps IBO (6.5 brace I expect). With those specs I doubt the draw is harsh and should hold well and $700!

Good job Alpine.

I like it!
    A man's got to know his limitations!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Short View Post
    Where do you work,Mathews or Bowtech?LOL
    lol

I'm not sure it's as bad as many of you think. The finish is anodized (which many people have been saying they want) where the options on patterns are more limited. It's hard to say exactly how bright the bronze/green/tan colors are in person. One of my favorite risers of all time was the original Hoyt Defiant Carbonite that came with the anodized camo, albeit it seemed a little more subdued and had black in it. I can say that I'm not a fan of the color red on the quiver bracket and roller guard. Maybe it wouldn't look so wild if the limbs were black rather than dipped camo that makes a striking difference against the anodized riser. I'll reserve judgement on looks until I can see one in person.

The three piece riser is interesting. I can only guess that it's a cost for production thing. I do like the idea of the offset quiver bracket.
    archeryreport.com: BOWS, ARROWS, PHYSICS AND MORE!
    Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about

Yes I like the anodized riser it just looks better with blk limbs, also the 6.5 or 7.5 brace is great.

Black limbs are a must, but other then that I like it.
    Alpine Nitrous N20 64# 28DL
    Victory VForce V3 400
    TruBall Short-n-Sweet
    Ripcord code red
    Apex Covert

I am amazed that there are people out there that will dismiss a bow purely on the way it looks. Personally I think that Alpine produces some very attractive looking bows. If you really must dismiss a bow as ugly, have a look at Hoyt, PSE, and Mathews. Some of the Hoyts look like a bicycle that has been run over by a bus, Mathews with that horrible waffle design just look heavy, uncomfortable to shoot and just plain ugly, and PSE produce lots of bows where the ATA length is determined by the length of the riser, a concept that makes them look like the rocker bar from some wierd steam punk machine.

I have always bought bow on the basis of the way they function and the way they shoot, astetics have always been well down the list, I have owned PSE, Golden Eagle and Alpine.
    I am OzArcher!!!
    Hunter of the Knock
    Emmissary of the Bandicoot

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    If they're trying to win the ugliest bow of the 2013 lineup, they'll be tough to beat. That thing looks like the a Limbsaver Speedzone and a Lone Wolf Lobo mated. Blech!!!

I was thinking limbsaver and maitland
    I can eat 50 eggs

Quote Originally Posted by OzArcher1 View Post
    I am amazed that there are people out there that will dismiss a bow purely on the way it looks. Personally I think that Alpine produces some very attractive looking bows. If you really must dismiss a bow as ugly, have a look at Hoyt, PSE, and Mathews. Some of the Hoyts look like a bicycle that has been run over by a bus, Mathews with that horrible waffle design just look heavy, uncomfortable to shoot and just plain ugly, and PSE produce lots of bows where the ATA length is determined by the length of the riser, a concept that makes them look like the rocker bar from some wierd steam punk machine.

I have always bought bow on the basis of the way they function and the way they shoot, astetics have always been well down the list, I have owned PSE, Golden Eagle and Alpine.

The longer the riser the better imo
    I can eat 50 eggs

Alpine makes a good bow but I for 2013 I like the verdict.
    BowJax Shooting Staff
    TNT Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by VA2 View Post
    Alpine makes a good bow but I for 2013 I like the verdict.
    I just got done tuning and testing one of the proto type verdicts

It exceeded the ibo ratings , its super quiet and with its new parallel design, its motionless on the shot....

Tuning was a breeze even with the roller guard...the cam and harnessing system, combined with the split limbs, cam lean is a non issue

The bow is easy to draw, hold on target and groups arrows like no tomorrow

it is impressive and my new favorite from alpine...

I will post a review on the rockstar soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    PARK-N-SONS ARCHERY CUSTOM STRINGS AND TUNING LLC
    "ADVANCING ARCHERY ONE STRING AT A TIME"
    BCY-X/452X, Stormy Hardwoods, Spot-Hogg, Tight Spot, TRU Ball, Carter, Limb-driver Rests, Black Eagle Arrows, Doinker Stabs, Vortex Optics, Hamskea
    String and tuning inquiries please visit my web site parknsonsarchery dot com CONTACT US

Love it!!!
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________
    WHoopety-DOOOOOO

Oh boy...
    Custom Strings
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32, 2013 Elite Answer, 2007 Bowtech Allegiance
    Black Eagle Arrows Field Staff & T.R.U. Ball release Field Staff

Wow they must haveTtimothy Leary on there R&D department.LOL

Out of their lineup, the Fireball looks like the one I'd pick. Be nice if they had the longer limb/brace option on that model too.
    "It don't really matter what kinda bow you choose to shoot. Just as long as you like it, practice and become a good shot. It's all good." rt2bowhunter

"Some feel that all should do as they do: this is questionable at best." sew

The Roxstar is not the bow for me, but I do like seeing them bring back the Anodized finish.

What disappoints me is that they no longer have a 38+ ATA bow in their line up.

The Concorde is a sweet shooting bow.

I think they missed up. I always liked alpine and still have my serria magnum but the roxstar will be a flop. The name alone kills it. The choice of colors don't help it either. They should have called it the punkrox.

Pretty disappointed they went away from the deflex riser and the 38"+ATA.

2 bows i think leave a hole in the Alpine stable are the Concorde and the Ventura.

Concorde for the target shooters and finger guys looking for a comfortable bow.

the Ventura because it fills that void all other companies leave.....the mid length ATA bows. with ~36" ATA, it is a comfortable and easy to shoot layout. not overly heavy and adaptable to the smaller stature shooters looking for a longer ATA for them as well as accommodating the longer draw shooters.

Alpine bows have a different look to them and one that isnt to everyone's first look-liking. i know the eye candy factor is what draws most to a design but shooting one is really effortless.

overall, i do wish Alpine would develop a lower let-off module option for their cams. 75% is not a very target friendly value in a let-off aspect.
    When the war is over soldiers come home, SAILORS dont. WE will always stand a vigilant watch to protect YOUR way of life.
    It's not that I'm cranky, I just dont care what you think.
    Google isnt all that difficult to use, i'm not gonna spoon feed you info that you're too lazy to look up.

That looks drug induced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast