Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1562

Thread: 2012 Kansas Hunting Thread

yesterday evening I had a little buck come in and bed down near his scrape. he laid there for fifteen minutes about twelve yards away. pretty soon another little buck came across the creek and the first buck gets up and goes to greet the other one. they face touched and sparred around for another ten minutes twenty yards from my stand. it got dark and i tried to do a dog bark to get them to leave but they just looked around and kept sparring. i finally had to stomp on my platform to get them to leave. very entertaining evening.

3 bucks, 2 does, 1 fawn and a spike this morning. Two of the bucks sq'd off ears back and bristled up but the bigger one imtimidated the smaller one enough he just walked away timid like. I could of arrowed the bigger 10 but he just wasnt quite big enough.
    2010 Ben Pearson TX-4 Limited Edtion R2B2 QAD Rest Trophy Ridge Mantis Guide Series TRU-GLO Deadenator XS TR 4banger Easton Flatlines Wasp Jak-Hammer
    The Lil Ladies Bow

Hoyt VICXEN Whisker biscuit TR V-3 TRU-GLO Deadenator XS Apex BC quiver Carbon Express Mayhems, NAP HELLRAZORS

Deer on their feet on Fort Riley. Saw 3 bucks (spike, fork, 2 y/o 8pt) and 8 does. Out with the rifle this morning but going to go bow this evening.

I'm came home empty handed on the 17th. I'm thinking about headed back the 2nd week of December. What is your experience during that time frame? I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks guys

Saw a nice ten that came from the same direction as a spike right at sunrise. He just didn't look quite big enough, should be a shooter next year. Saw three does all alone, none being trailed by bucks, and also a group of three does. All activity stopped around 930 this morning for me.

Back in Central Kansas as of yesterday. Saw a shooter yesterday afternoon bedded with a doe. Last night (3) 2.5 year old bucks feeding along side (3) doe. Still showed frustration by rubbing trees while the does continued to feed. This morning two bucks following a doe that seemed to be still hot. One of the bucks a solid 8. Things still seem to be active and I just need one of the big boys to finish up and start looking again. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntertx View Post
    I'm came home empty handed on the 17th. I'm thinking about headed back the 2nd week of December. What is your experience during that time frame? I'd love to hear any feedback. Thanks guys
    They will be very cautious due to rifle season. But about a week after that a food source is where its at.
    2010 Ben Pearson TX-4 Limited Edtion R2B2 QAD Rest Trophy Ridge Mantis Guide Series TRU-GLO Deadenator XS TR 4banger Easton Flatlines Wasp Jak-Hammer
    The Lil Ladies Bow

Hoyt VICXEN Whisker biscuit TR V-3 TRU-GLO Deadenator XS Apex BC quiver Carbon Express Mayhems, NAP HELLRAZORS

2012 Kansas Hunting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 170p&ywhitail View Post
    They will be very cautious due to rifle season. But about a week after that a food source is where its at.
    Thanks for the response. I also considered heading back right after Christmas...

S.W. Missouri, but love bowhunting Kansas
    Figured out how to post pictures, but this is my Thanksgiving day buck. Posted earlier in the thread about the hunt. But here he is.

photo.jpg

Very nicely done. Congrats on the buck

Good movement tonight, I had 2 different young up and coming 8s go through and a spiker. Then at last light all hell broke loose with the first BIG buck I've seen while on stand this season. He was keeping two small bucks away from his doe while trying to keep her in his eye sight. They blew through at about 50 yds with no shot. I believe I have him on camera. He is a wide tall main frame 9 but has broke his left g2.Was hoping to go back there in the morning but the wind is going to be wrong it looks like. So I'll go to where I seen a lil action this morning.
    The Lil Ladies Bow

I don't mean to jump off subject in this thread but if anyone is near the fort riley area and wouldn't mind showing me around I'd appreciate it! I've been itching to get out hunting but don't really know where to go! Spent the last two seasons in Korea! Congrats to everyone that got to fill their tags! Chris

I had a great night. 6 different bucks, mainly youngins with a couple nice 2.5 8's. Ones whole left side is gone already. Had a group of does feeding in but the bucks cut them off.

GOing to have to get away from these bucks if i want to shoot a doe. Doesnt feel right to say that haha.
    Walk softly, carry pointy sticks.

Im back at it, hope this is my morning.
    The Lil Ladies Bow

Today is my last day of vacation. Haven't been out the last 2 1/2 days because of holiday. Hope tonight is the night !!

Had a great encounter this morning with a Huge 10! he was coming up the draw and made it to about 80 yds and coming on a string. Well some doe's are headed down the draw and they meet up.......he advances them, and they dont want nothing to do with him and head east with him in toe nose to the ground! if they hadnt had showed I think there is a good chance id a got to take him. But thats bow hunting. Seen a total of 7 deer this AM. Im pretty sure I have pics of him last year and he was good, he really got big this year if its him.
    The Lil Ladies Bow

Did everyone give up? this thread is dead!
    The Lil Ladies Bow

No way. Back at it Tuesday. Had to head back to Missouri for a week but can't wait to be back in the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by revs2ninegrand View Post
    I don't mean to jump off subject in this thread but if anyone is near the fort riley area and wouldn't mind showingr me around I'd appreciate it! I've been itching to get out hunting but don't really know where to go! Spent the last two seasons in Korea! Congrats to everyone that got to fill their tags! Chris
    Gun season in on post through tonight, then again 15-23DEC. They are chasing hard right now. Everything on the west side of old 77 has rifle hunters all over, slugs and ML open on the east. Lots of movement the last few days and two guys I work with have connected with 150ish bucks with rifle this weekend. Pick just about any treeline and you'll have a good chance. Winter wheat seems to be getting deer in the evenings.

Milford lake has some good hunting too and you won't have to deal with the Orange army.

Saw three bucks and 7 does this morning. All chasing through the grassy open areas.

NE kansas around FT leavenworth and wyandotte co

Ha ha post is dead ! haven't givin up yet just nothing good to post ! I went to a different part of the farm last night where the wheat is 2 or 3 inches and saw about 12 deer mostly bucks! Gonna get closer tonight and see if any good ones show.

Sent from me 22 ft up!!!

Been out since 1145 and haven't seen a deer. Seems to me that they're on lock down. I'm sure the barrage of gunshots from every neighbor within a half mile for the last couple hours doesn't help. Kind of seems kind they said hey his truck is there lets screw with his hunt ! I'm just bitter because this season has been a total bust for me. But, I've got about an hour and a half left and anything can happen

Well, I hunted last night in McPherson and had a forked buck go by at 5:15....that was it.

Hunted in Marion Co this morning and had one doe go by at 7:00. Then at 8:15 had a true nasty freak (not in a good way) go by at 50 yards....this thing had a tall spike on his left side w/ about a 8" club shaped like a "Y" coming off the back. The right side was just a ball of bone, just about 6" of antler in like a ball and real knobby looking. He had no injury that I could tell, was walking just fine. He looked worn out from rutting.

At 9:50, I had 7 does go about 75 yards downwind from me....they acted all nervous like but eventually made their way off.....sure was hoping a buck would be following, but none showed.

That was it. Stayed home tonight, hung up some X-mas lights, watched the Chiefs lose again, and just chilled. Recognized defeat.

This season, I may just pull a Clark W. and griz(swold) out! Do I have to change my Username?
    07 Bowtech Guardian; 28" @ 62lbs
    Slick Trick ViperTrick 100g
    Easton Axis N Fused 340's @ 425 grains

I'm totally discouraged by the lack of deer where I hunt near Hillsdale. I've seen a few animals, but nothing like in past years. And I've seen very little rut activity. Same spots, just no deer. Not much on the cameras, very few tracks, little road kill. l'm not giving up, but I'm not excited about the prospects. Plus I'm thinking I ought to lay off shooting any does because I don't want to mess up the population any more than it is already. EDH I suspect.

Hunted Tuttle Creek area, friday - sunday, activity really died down, none of the big guys were on camera from the past week, had a little 8 and a half rack 8 walk by me. No response to grunts, Does have vanished. The little 8 didn't even bother to check out the scrape. A lot of the scrapes aren't really fresh anymore. Only seen 2 out of maybe 10 that actually have been visited recently. Friday there was no activity at all.
    2011 Carbon element 26in draw 65lb

Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast