Thread: Carbon Express spine confusion

Carbon Express spine confusion

Im looking at potential indoor target arrows for my son. Im currently considering Carbon Express CXL Pro 150s (.500 spine) and the Carbon Express X-Buster 700s (.700 spine). With a draw weight in the 38-39 range, the weaker arrow would seem to be more appropriate. But looking at the CEs Target Arrow Selection Guide, the CXL Pro 150s will work starting at 25 while the x-Buster 700s would have to be at least 27 at that same draw weight.

I would think that the weaker 700-spine arrow would be appropriate at a shorter length while the stiffer 500-spine arrow would need to be longer for the same draw weight. What Im seeing in the chart would seem to be backwards.

Now its certainly safe to assume that Im wrong and CE knows what theyre doing. So, what am I missing?

Thanks,
    --chris

I agree

Not sure if you agree that it's confusing or if you're confirming that I don't know what i'm talking about...

You are correct with your assumption .

I would suggest going with longer , stiffer arrow though ... in relatively near future , kiddo will gain some draw length and most than likely increase poundage as well ... these will last longer and You can always cut them down to match dynamic spine accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by cjwhite89 View Post
    Not sure if you agree that it's confusing or if you're confirming that I don't know what i'm talking about...
    It is confusing

I sent an email to Carbon Express asking if they could share some insight. I'll post an update if they respond.

--chris

Post more detailed information on which bow and draw length is your son shooting and i'll run the specs. thru pinwheel software to narrow down your choice .

Quote Originally Posted by cjwhite89 View Post
    I sent an email to Carbon Express asking if they could share some insight. I'll post an update if they respond.

--chris
    i have called them in the past they have a tech dept