a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Climber Tree Stands: How do you get your bow and gear up the tree?

Question Climber Tree Stands: How do you get your bow and gear up the tree?

So you hike in your climber, bow, rattling horns, etc. and you are at your tree...now what? How do you get your butt, bow, and gear safely (and quietly) up the tree with you or after you climb the tree in the stand?

I typically hunt hang on stands with steps or ladders. With a lineman's belt I place my steps, hang the stand, drop a life line, drop a bow/gear line, and place a bow and gear hangers. When I get there to hunt I clip on my bow to the gear line, clip my harness to the lifeline ascend the tree and haul up my bow. Safe and sound in my stand I hang my bow ready to hunt.

Any suggestions from seasoned climber tree stand users? Thanks guys!

all my gear with the exception of my bow is in my back pack. while on the ground, just after hooking my climber to the tree. i tie a rope to my stand and to my bow. then i climb to my desired height while wearing my back pack and pull up my bow.
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

I use a rope. As for other gear, if it doesn't fit in my pockets, I do not take it.

I have 2 pull up ropes attached to my stand. I attach my pack to one and bow to the other. I climb to my desired height and pull up my pack first. Attach a gear hanger from out of the pack to the tree and hang my pack. Take bow hanger out of pack and screw it into the tree. I pull my bow up then and hang it on the hanger after nocking an arrow.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

Quote Originally Posted by CamoCop View Post
    all my gear with the exception of my bow is in my back pack. while on the ground, just after hooking my climber to the tree. i tie a rope to my stand and to my bow. then i climb to my desired height while wearing my back pack and pull up my bow.
    ^^This. The only thing I do different is keep that rope tied to the climber in a bag on the climber

Same with me
    2011 PSE Stinger 29" 50# Victory V-Force HV .400 100gr. Vipertricks @255FPS

Quote Originally Posted by BP1992 View Post
    I use a rope. As for other gear, if it doesn't fit in my pockets, I do not take it.
    yup
    2011 Hoyt CRX32
    Spott Hogg- Hogg It Sight
    Trophy Taker Drop Away
    >>>---------Let ONE Fly---------->

same except i leave my rope attached year round and check it before i use it each time

I keep two tow lines in my vest pockets and tie them to the outside corners of the stand platform after attaching the platform to the tree. I don't leave them on the stand platform when walking in and out because I know they would catch a limb and unravel.

Third Hand Archery makes a sweet bow holder that attaches to the stand and can be used while climbing.
    Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

I usually climb with mt pack on and use my pull up rope to pull up my bow.

Rope
    Natures Essence

Quote Originally Posted by BP1992 View Post
    same thing here ....

This
    Every great accident starts with "Hey watch this".

I thread my bowstring through my teeth. Serving is an excellent plaque remover.

Basically like most of these guys. Attach pull up rope to the climber rail. I'll usually climb with my backpack on. When at top, remove EZ Hanger from the pack, screw it in, and hang the pack from the hanger, up against the tree. Then pull the bow up. Simple as that.

And sometimes I'll just attach two ropes, and pull up the pack first, then the bow.

pull rope, or I'll use the 3rd hand archery bow holder for ascent and descent.
    08 Guardian
    "We didn't get to where we are on the food chain by being vegetarian.
    Are we not all target archers by default?
    I harvest crops. I kill animals.
    When asked 'How can you shoot Bambi?', I say 'I don't shoot Bambi, I shoot his dad.'

i clip my pack to the rail of my climber, then i use my bowsling and put my bow over my back. i climb the tree with everything i need. no pull up ropes for me. that's just how i do it, but all of these ways sound really good.

"all my gear with the exception of my bow is in my back pack. while on the ground, just after hooking my climber to the tree. i tie a rope to my stand and to my bow. then i climb to my desired height while wearing my back pack and pull up my bow."

This^^

I use a third hand archery bow holder and put my bow in it while climbing.... Put my back pack on and climb

Sent from ?

Thanks guys. I figured as much but since it is my first season out in a climber I thought there might be some tips I hadn't thought of. For example the Third Hand and oh ya a rope! LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by davydtune View Post
    Rope

I use a wind up strap for the bow and a fanny attached to the stand.
    Educate yourself and test hang in your safety harness, it may save your life one day.

Enough with the old nylon ropes!!! Strapper Retriever is the absolute way to go!!! Best product I have in my backpack!

Quote Originally Posted by snoman4 View Post
    I have 2 pull up ropes attached to my stand. I attach my pack to one and bow to the other. I climb to my desired height and pull up my pack first. Attach a gear hanger from out of the pack to the tree and hang my pack. Take bow hanger out of pack and screw it into the tree. I pull my bow up then and hang it on the hanger after nocking an arrow.
    This
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

same here, and i keep the pull up rope tied to my stand and stashed in a pouch attached to my stand
    hoyt alphamax 32
    28.5" draw, 70lbs, 288 fps, acc 3-49 27.5",fuse axium 6" stabilizer, Alpine soft loc quiver
    snyper 2 blade/rage 2 blade

KEEP YOUR SHAFT STRAIGHT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast