Thread: Swacker Broadheads?

Swacker Broadheads?

What's your experience with this expandables?

I've been think of trying an expandable broadhead and doing some research on Rage, Swacker,Spitfires and others Can't seem to find much in the way of first hand reports from people using them with crossbows.
    I've been a fixed blade user for 40+ yrs and they never failed me, but maybe it's time to try some new technology

Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!

Fly very food for me out of my fast bows like the strykeforce, sz 380 and scorpyd but they just were not very durable. A couple of the 100 grain heas bent with the impact of the target. I don't think the aluminum body is tough enough. Needles to say I could never use them to hunt with because the all bent up and wobeled.

I have shot them for the past two seasons out of my Vision, and they will be in my quiver again this year on my Fury. I have had a few bend, bug not on any targets just after a pass through on animals. They leave a great blood trail and I have never had a animal go over 50 yards after being hit with one. So I'm ok with tossing one every now and then.
    Ten Point pro staff - GOD'A GRIP pro staff - HHA Sports pro staff - Gold Tip pro staff
    tryin hard outdoors - owner
    Bangs Paradise Valley Hunt Club

Great broadhead! Been usin them since day ! never failed me!
    Dealer of N.E. DIY Dip Kits By Dip Wizard $94.99 free shipping!
    Staff shooter...PSE ...Black Eagle Pro Staff...DOINKER Stabilizers... www.doinker.com"Like" My Fan Page on FaceBook! "North East Diy Dip Kit"

Quote Originally Posted by tryinhardarcher View Post
    I have shot them for the past two seasons out of my Vision, and they will be in my quiver again this year on my Fury. I have had a few bend, bug not on any targets just after a pass through on animals. They leave a great blood trail and I have never had a animal go over 50 yards after being hit with one. So I'm ok with tossing one every now and then.
    Did you here the Schwack!!

Great head from high speed bows. Small entry but nasty exit cut. I use the 125 gr 2.25 cut and it is devastating.

Do not like them why make a head that opens inside the animal? If you don't get a pass through the blood trail will be useless!

I shot a doe with a 100 grain 2" cut Swacker this morning. Made slightly over an inch wide cutt going in and looks like over 2" wide cut coming out. Fastest archery kill I have ever seen and I have been archery hunting about 47 years now. I am going to re sharpen the Swacker and shoot another with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGriz View Post

I've been think of trying an expandable broadhead and doing some research on Rage, Swacker,Spitfires and others Can't seem to find much in the way of first hand reports from people using them with crossbows.
    I've been a fixed blade user for 40+ yrs and they never failed me, but maybe it's time to try some new technology
    Hello here is a test worth looking at
    2012 Rage Chisel Tip broadhead performance tested on a CROSSBOW at 400FPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZDqdK31O5E

OVER 2" INCH MASSIVE CUT Rage Chisel Tip 3 blade Broadhead Field Test 2012 / Crossbow 400FPS

Quote Originally Posted by spiker2930 View Post
    Did you here the Schwack!!
    I won't tell a lie, no I didn't hear a Shwack. I did hear my favorite sound in the world, that hollow whoop of a arrow hitting a chest cavity!!
    Ten Point pro staff - GOD'A GRIP pro staff - HHA Sports pro staff - Gold Tip pro staff
    tryin hard outdoors - owner
    Bangs Paradise Valley Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by tryinhardarcher View Post
    I won't tell a lie, no I didn't hear a Shwack. I did hear my favorite sound in the world, that hollow whoop of a arrow hitting a chest cavity!!
    X-2 That was what I heard this morning. As soon as I heard it my mind told me dead deer.

This is my first year of using the Swhackers. I will be using the 2" 100 gr head. My pro shop guy keep telling me to give them a try as he has showed me untold numbers of pictures of dead deer and the damage they cause. I am looking forward to seeing first hand in about 10 days

Oh and they fly better than any haed I have tried so far.

Good luck

Brian
    Scorpyd slp165 shooting a 436 gr GT III pro's with 2"QS going 433 Fps
    And getting sub 1"groups at 60 yards. But more and better things to come after I start shooting at 80 yards.

Stay tuned

My last whitetail kill looked like a crime scene! Blood...oh yeh,lots
    Dealer of N.E. DIY Dip Kits By Dip Wizard $94.99 free shipping!
    Staff shooter...PSE ...Black Eagle Pro Staff...DOINKER Stabilizers... www.doinker.com"Like" My Fan Page on FaceBook! "North East Diy Dip Kit"

Awesome heads

Two step doe yesterday afternoon 20 yard pass thru. Horton Havoc, 17.5 Savage arrow and now my favorite BH. 125 gr. Swhacker.

dont go with swacker rage and spitfire are a good option

If any of you guys who use the 125gr Swhackers need any new blades I've gotta new pack and a bunch of the band's I need to get rid of.

Sent from my LG-US730 using Tapatalk 2
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    ASAT Camo Hunting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by bubba6987 View Post
    dont go with swacker rage and spitfire are a good option
    Why?
    They shoot great. Same POI as fieldpoints. Fastest bow kill I have ever seen and the blades took a shaving sharp edge again with hardly any work.

This deer says Swackers "get er done".

Quote Originally Posted by DaGriz View Post

Griz,

I put two of the 125g 2.25" cut in my quiver to test on a deer this season. I have been using the NAP Spitfire with great results for years but I am finding my arrow buried 8" in the dirt, on average,on the other side of the deer. I want to try a bigger cut broadhead so I could make a bigger hole in the deer instead of wasting that energy digging a hole in the ground on the other side of the deer.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunt View Post
    Griz,

I put two of the 125g 2.25" cut in my quiver to test on a deer this season. I have been using the NAP Spitfire with great results for years but I am finding my arrow buried 8" in the dirt, on average,on the other side of the deer. I want to try a bigger cut broadhead so I could make a bigger hole in the deer instead of wasting that energy digging a hole in the ground on the other side of the deer.Bob
    I hate to tell you this but when I shot that big doe Wednesday morning with a 2" cut Swacker my arrow was buried all the way up to the middle of the vanes. Only an inch or so of the arrow was showing above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by robertyb View Post
    I hate to tell you this but when I shot that big doe Wednesday morning with a 2" cut Swacker my arrow was buried all the way up to the middle of the vanes. Only an inch or so of the arrow was showing above ground.
    WOW What are you shooting for an Xbow? If that is the case for me I will just have to go bigger. LOL

Bob

One of my friends shot a doe this morning with a 125 gr. Swacker with his vertical bow. He said he shot the doe at 20 yards and it went slam through it and the doe just stood there in the food plot for several seconds and then bolted off and ran down toward the creek. He said the arrow was covered in blood but he was shocked because he hasn't seen anything like that before. I don't think I've ever shot a deer that just stood there after I shot it. He texted me the exit hole and it was pretty big the deer didn't even know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunt View Post
    WOW What are you shooting for an Xbow? If that is the case for me I will just have to go bigger. LOL

Bob
    Excalibur Vortex. 200 lbs.

A few years ago I shot a large doe that was walking by my stand using a Mathews Outback shooting a G5 Montec broadhead. I thought I saw the arrow pass through her for a double lung shot but she never broke stride. She walked about 20 yards past me, turned around and walked part way back and bedded down. I was shocked. After a minute or so she stretched out full length and her body quivered and she died. She never had a clue she had been shot I do not think.

Quote Originally Posted by robertyb View Post
    A few years ago I shot a large doe that was walking by my stand using a Mathews Outback shooting a G5 Montec broadhead. I thought I saw the arrow pass through her for a double lung shot but she never broke stride. She walked about 20 yards past me, turned around and walked part way back and bedded down. I was shocked. After a minute or so she stretched out full length and her body quivered and she died. She never had a clue she had been shot I do not think.
    I have never had that happen to me but I have heard of it. I think that you are right; she never knew she was shot.

Can't beat the Excals.

Bob