a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Helpful Anti-Torque Bow Sight or Product

Most Helpful Anti-Torque Bow Sight or Product

With a number of options on the market to keep archers shooting accurately, I'm curious to know which products or sights other archers have found most helpful to ensure we don't torque the bow. Please post the products you use (or have used) and why they were helpful. Feel free to post pics of the product or links to the manufacturer.

Torqueless grip great product
    Mathews SBXT-Torquless Grip
    Rip Cord Code Red
    B-Stinger-Easton ACC Pro Hunter
    60X Strings-Slick Tricks
    Spott Hogg Hogg-It-Stan Shootoff

I'd have to say my Anchor Sight it shows the slightest bit of torque and you can use it with just about any sight.
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

Practice. Torquing the grip is just a form issue, learn to make proper hand placement,("grip" really is a horrible word for how the bow hand should be placed), and you won't need any "products".

The 4 products i use to reduce torque are , pin point torqueless grip , anchor sight , tilt tamer and truball st360 thumb release.

The pin point torqueless grip floats on one pin . You cant torque the grip left or right no matter how you hold the the grip and because it float on a pin it also stops up and downs. if you heel the bow grip or put a little pressure on the upper part of your grip on the shot with a normal grip the shot will be off, but the pin point grip it will just just absorb it. As confirmed by my anchor sight i cant torque the grip even if i twist it left and right 30 degrees .
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pin-point-To...-/140827065758

The anchor sight is used to replace the peep which was great as i shoot with one eye and the peep made it a very limited view , with the anchor sight i have open view and is great for low light. The anchor sight shows torque in your grip not a problem for me with the pin point grip. You gain some speed from losing the peep . Also on long range shots with a slider sight you dont have to change your anchor to to keep the peep and sight housing lined up , you always have the same anchor.
    http://www.archeryinnovations.com/

The tilt tamer goes on the cable guard rod and pull the cables toward the arrow instead of straight back this, removes torque in the bow generated by the cables guard This will change the point of impact 4 plus inchs at 20 yards due to less nock travel left or right. This torque from the cable guard is worse on short bows. I've got a shorty. http://www.tilttamer.com/

The truball st360 thumb release has the ability to lock down the rotating head in a position that will give no torque on the d loop . Since everybody will hold the release in a different position due to face shape and what comfortable for you.

I think that's about it ,im the anti torque bowman. But i have a very forgiving bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post

The pin point torqueless grip floats on one pin . You cant torque the grip left or right no matter how you hold the the grip and because it float on a pin it also stops up and downs. if you heel the bow grip or put a little pressure on the upper part of your grip on the shot with a normal grip the shot will be off, but the pin point grip it will just just absorb it. As confirmed by my anchor sight i cant torque the grip even if i twist it left and right 30 degrees .
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pin-point-To...-/140827065758
    How much did the grip add to your draw length? I could use a little extra at my 26" draw! :-)
    2011 Shadow Black Bear Attack, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Bee Stinger 8" Pro Hunter Maxx, Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. --Galations 6:7

Square-Up They have a YouTube video that explains it.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

My bow had a grip i had to remove and then attach the pin-point torqueless grip to the riser, so not much change .

If your bow has just metal on the rear of the grip with nothing to remove you would get 1/2 inch extra . The new model, the black one probably a little more as it is thicker then the old model i have.

It's just a preference thing, like bows, arrows or anything else in archery. It's not that one works better than the other, it might just work better for you than something else.

They're all crutches though, which you can either rely on or use as training tools to get you to where you don't have any more torque problems.

I used the Anchor Sight for a while as a torque training tool. You can use it with any sight, on any bow and it's inexpensive in the classifieds. It's superb in showing up tiny bits of torque. Still have it in my archery drawer but don't need it right now.

Training torque out of your shot process is pretty important. If you rely on one of the crutches you're screwed if you want to shoot another bow or if you have several you like to go back and forth between.

Quote Originally Posted by DonsHarley View Post
    I'd have to say my Anchor Sight it shows the slightest bit of torque and you can use it with just about any sight.
    Yup.
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, F-85 TFO sight Comp 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer, ACC 300s. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sight. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Rev' Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Hunting bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

The best thing to come out in a long, long time for the teaching of PROPER GRIP is the True Shot Coach from Don't Choke Archery!

You will learn proper grip in a matter of a few shots with this nifty item, and then have it available to you for use full time, or until you have finally learned the correct, torque-free grip on your bow! This is money well-spent and is useful for beginner and expert alike!

Try it; you won't be going wrong!! This obviously can be used with any bow at any time and doesn't require a huge expenditure in order to have it on hand. (pun intended).

Myself, Steve Ruis, and and I think even Larry Wise are using it with our students to help them thru the trying times of getting that proper grip!

http://dontchokearchery.com/instructions/
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

Quote Originally Posted by DonsHarley View Post
    This ^^^
    Works great AND works with your choice of sight.
    If I'm cold and wet - something's about to die...
    Current Location ... http://goo.gl/maps/LA3qj

Deflex or neutral riser would be my answer.

how many reflex riser recurves do you see?
    When the war is over soldiers come home, SAILORS dont. WE will always stand a vigilant watch to protect YOUR way of life.
    It's not that I'm cranky, I just dont care what you think.
    Google isnt all that difficult to use, i'm not gonna spoon feed you info that you're too lazy to look up.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    It's just a preference thing, like bows, arrows or anything else in archery. It's not that one works better than the other, it might just work better for you than something else.

They're all crutches though, which you can either rely on or use as training tools to get you to where you don't have any more torque problems.

I used the Anchor Sight for a while as a torque training tool. You can use it with any sight, on any bow and it's inexpensive in the classifieds. It's superb in showing up tiny bits of torque. Still have it in my archery drawer but don't need it right now.

Training torque out of your shot process is pretty important. If you rely on one of the crutches you're screwed if you want to shoot another bow or if you have several you like to go back and forth between.
    Crutches? That's what I'm needing! This is why technology is so beneficial. Both training and technology will get me a more torqueless grip on my bow; the question is, which will get me there more quickly and consistently?

Ding, ding! Technology! And i dont mind being dependent on the device. I only have one bow and will be keeping it for a while. The right technology at the right price will help me tremendously. And besides, I just need to kill a deer within 30yds, and don't shoot 3d or targets.
    2011 Shadow Black Bear Attack, Trophy Ridge Revolution, Bee Stinger 8" Pro Hunter Maxx, Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. --Galations 6:7

I make my own with a wd-40 straw and the cost is zero dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by nc514 View Post
    Crutches? That's what I'm needing! This is why technology is so beneficial. Both training and technology will get me a more torqueless grip on my bow; the question is, which will get me there more quickly and consistently?

Ding, ding! Technology! And i dont mind being dependent on the device. I only have one bow and will be keeping it for a while. The right technology at the right price will help me tremendously. And besides, I just need to kill a deer within 30yds, and don't shoot 3d or targets.
    You might like the Anchor Sight, there's a huge thread on it called something like "Give the Anchor Sight a try" with pics and how-to's. A lot of guys use it to eliminate their peep. It was completely worthless to me from that regard but awesome to show torque.

Regarding the "True Shot Coach" that was mentioned, it wouldn't work for me. I have one bow where that hand position is perfect but on my other bow my hand position has to be completely different because of the difference in grips. The given position would move the 2nd bow's grip too far over into the meat of my thumb (I have a big hand) and result in huge amounts of torque. I know because I've tried that position on that bow. Took a while before I figured out why I had terrible torque on that one and pretty much zero on the other.

I have to shoot both differently. But the Anchor Sight would work for both bows. Not particularly trying to "sell" the Anchor Sight but just showing how the workability of one solution can be different between shooters and in my case, between bows. But if you work at it enough, eventually you don't need the crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
    I make my own with a wd-40 straw and the cost is zero dollars.
    Could you post pics? I tried it a while back but couldn't get it to work right.

There are many devices that play with torque. There is only one product that will eliminate torque.
    Van Handle
    http://www.vanhandle.com
    DEATH GRIP The Deadliest Grip in the Woods
    www.bungeeblind.com BUNGEE BLIND It's That Simple. Its That Light.
    Pro-Tune, Stop Guessing

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    You might like the Anchor Sight, there's a huge thread on it called something like "Give the Anchor Sight a try" with pics and how-to's. A lot of guys use it to eliminate their peep. It was completely worthless to me from that regard but awesome to show torque.

Regarding the "True Shot Coach" that was mentioned, it wouldn't work for me. I have one bow where that hand position is perfect but on my other bow my hand position has to be completely different because of the difference in grips. The given position would move the 2nd bow's grip too far over into the meat of my thumb (I have a big hand) and result in huge amounts of torque. I know because I've tried that position on that bow. Took a while before I figured out why I had terrible torque on that one and pretty much zero on the other.

I have to shoot both differently. But the Anchor Sight would work for both bows. Not particularly trying to "sell" the Anchor Sight but just showing how the workability of one solution can be different between shooters and in my case, between bows. But if you work at it enough, eventually you don't need the crutch.

Could you post pics? I tried it a while back but couldn't get it to work right.
    With regard to what is in red above. Have you even tried the True Shot Coach? As a certified coach, and based upon experience teaching with and without the TSC...I have yet to see or help anyone that it has not worked for! I mean EVERYONE that I"ve given that unit to try has nearly eliminated their "torquing" or "bowhand misplacement problem" within 5-10 shots! This thing works!

It pretty much does all the talking for the "coach", since simplicity is the easiest way to learn anyways. I've worked with people that have absolutely HUGE hands and they too, within just a few shots find the correct grip...and you don't have to sit there and try to show them and tell them...the device just puts that hand 'there' hassle-free. Sorry, but I don't buy this "radical grip difference" thing.
    I shoot a bow with an off-set grip...and have bows without it...and using the TSC...is the same with both styles. Fat grips, skinny grips...the thing will help you get the bow-hand in the right spot!

Here's the link to the pics of it and the instructions on how to use the TSC again...you didn't say what you wanted pics of...???

http://dontchokearchery.com/instructions/

People come to conclusions without even trying...a coach's nightmare!
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

Anchor sight. Got 3 of them and they work just like they say they will. Excellent product. HH Later Jerry

Interesting....Anchor sight: $84.95
    True Shot Coach: $16.95

TSC works on all bows all the time and you don't have to move it from bow to bow...

I sure know where I'd spend my money. Not saying the anchor sight isn't a good product, but I am saying that a near total cure for torque that once you get your bow-hand placement correct, you don't really have to think about it or "watch" to look see.
    It be your money and time and moving it from bow to bow.....
    Just sayin'.......

field14 (Tom D.)
    -field14 (Tom D.)

The problem with the true shot coach isn't when you are indoor or on flat ground, it is when you are on a hill side shooting with poor footing that your good grip and form are going to lie to you. With a torqque indicator and perfect form the torque indicator is a waste of money 99 % of the time but when you have a torque indicator on your bow when you draw back on a bad footing shot you won't believe how far it is off even though you feel perfect.

Hunt123, you just have to find a spot on the back of your riser in line with your sight bubble.when you draw you want to be able to see the wd40 straw in your peep and check it at the same time you glance at the bubble level. For testing purposes you can duck tape it in the back of the riser.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
    The problem with the true shot coach isn't when you are indoor or on flat ground, it is when you are on a hill side shooting with poor footing that your good grip and form are going to lie to you. With a torqque indicator and perfect form the torque indicator is a waste of money 99 % of the time but when you have a torque indicator on your bow when you draw back on a bad footing shot you won't believe how far it is off even though you feel perfect.
    CORRECT GRIP...never lies to you regardless of the terrain. Been in the field shooting business for nearly 50 years...and if you are using the correct grip...doesn't matter one iota what the terrain is...as long as your DRAW LENGTH is correct, and hand placement is correct...you are golden.

Shot scores in the upper 550's on some of the hilliest courses around...Lower 550's on Casper Mountain in Wyoming...and that course is definitely a steep mutha.

Have you actually tried the TSC outdoors on uneven terrain, etc....???? I"ve tested my TSC with my incline board at all angles...and the use of it does what it is supposed to do. Of course, having learned "correct grip" from the beginning might be part of that...BUT...the TSC is designed to TEACH YOU correct grip regardless of footing....the footing changes the angle of the BODY...not your hand in the bow!

However, I also must add that if you have that much "confidence" in the other item, then spend the money and go for it! But several seconds of your shot sequence are going to be taken up "checking out the alignment"...while that time could be spent in "execution of this shot with proper back tension."

Just sayin'....

field14
    -field14 (Tom D.)

What do you do in the blind or tree stand when you have gloves on?
    Van Handle
    http://www.vanhandle.com
    DEATH GRIP The Deadliest Grip in the Woods
    www.bungeeblind.com BUNGEE BLIND It's That Simple. Its That Light.
    Pro-Tune, Stop Guessing

Nothing different, with a Van Handle Death Grip. They work.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Handle View Post
    What do you do in the blind or tree stand when you have gloves on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast