Thread: Can you sight in a bow's all 3 pins (20,30,40) at 10 yards? If so how?

Thumbs up Can you sight in a bow's all 3 pins (20,30,40) at 10 yards? If so how?

Can you tell me how? or show me how with diagram or video? Thanks

all you need to know is the ballistics of the arrow.
    There are a few programs that can let you know...don't know them off the top of my head but I bet others here do.
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#, 30",ACC- 390's Davis sight, FITA ring,
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

bump

Theoretically, yes. Practically...you would have to have all the ducks in a nice row for it work.

The programs like ONTARGET, TAP are set up to figure out the physics end of things...provided you are spot on with your answers to the input fields in the program. Past that, you would need a set of micrometers to set pins.

The only thing, theoretically, would be to set the left/right adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if you ever have shot this bow before at 10yds using your 20, 30 and 40 yd pins and setting up your new sight to shoot the same gaps you could do it. Sort of like reversed walkback tuning. Instead of walking back and using your 20yd pin out to 40yds you are staying in one place and shooting an arrow using each pin. As far as my bow goes my 20yd pin is good to from 10 to 20yds so at 10yds my 20yd pin is dead on. Then say my 30yd pin shoots an arrow 2" high and my 40yd pin also shoots 2", high set the new sight to hit at those gaps. That would be the only way I can think of besides the ways mentioned above. I have never tried it but it should work in theory. Has anyone else tried it this way? I do have to change a sight on one of my bows so I will try it this way to see if it actually works. Can't hurt trying it right?
    2013 Strother Rush XT, 2010 Elite Judge
    Plus a bunch of other bows
    I just love to shoot. Isn't that what its all about?

Just buy the Trophy Ridge React. It has automatic pin adjustment, just sight in the 20yd pin and it adjust the rest of the pins with one knob.
    GRIMPEEPER

It can be done, approximately, as people have said.

But why would you want to? Whether you are target shooting or hunting, you need to get out on an accurately marked practice range area and check before you do any important shooting.

bump for te morning crew

Quote Originally Posted by trx125 View Post
    Just buy the Trophy Ridge React. It has automatic pin adjustment, just sight in the 20yd pin and it adjust the rest of the pins with one knob.
    x2 on this
    2014 Bear Agenda 7
    - Spot Hogg Hogg-It Wrapped 5 Pin Sight
    - Trophy Ridge Revolution 2.0 Rest
    - Trophy Ridge 9" Static Stab /w Doinker QD
    - Trophy Ridge Arrow Cage Quiver

On Target 2 and TAP (The Archery Program) can both print sight tapes, specific to exact arrow specs and bow spec that are extremely close of not dead on.

I have a hunting sight that does this in an odd way.

The Savage Quick Click Ranger has a built in "Speedometer" on the adjustment arm.

Once I sight the bow in for speed, I sight in at 20 yards and the pre etched yardage markings are on to 70 yards.

I test it every time i change anything and it's always been right on.

Wish I could find another in fact. This one's been on at least 8 bows over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Johnson View Post
    On Target 2 and TAP (The Archery Program) can both print sight tapes, specific to exact arrow specs and bow spec that are extremely close of not dead on.

I have a hunting sight that does this in an odd way.

The Savage Quick Click Ranger has a built in "Speedometer" on the adjustment arm.

Once I sight the bow in for speed, I sight in at 20 yards and the pre etched yardage markings are on to 70 yards.

I test it every time i change anything and it's always been right on.

Wish I could find another in fact. This one's been on at least 8 bows over the years.
    I love these sights, Got them on 2 of my bows and a 3rd waiting to be converted to a scope mount like the others!!!
    2014 Energy 35, limbdiver, CBE, B-Stinger
    2006 Elite E-500 Predator, 2010 Rev Cams, Limbdriver, QCR, Stokerized SS1
    ******ELITE ARCHERY, OPTI-LOGIC, CBE AND SCOTT ARCHERY,STOKERIZED,GOLD TIP, and B-STINGER DEALER*******

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    It can be done, approximately, as people have said.

But why would you want to? Whether you are target shooting or hunting, you need to get out on an accurately marked practice range area and check before you do any important shooting.
    That makes a lot of sense. Too many things to try and factor in theory. Easiest way is to go to a range and set as you shoot.