Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Nockturnals

The new Nockturnals

I went to up my supply of Nockturnals and noticed the package was different and the nocks looked "frosted". When I compared the new with the old there was a big difference in light transmission.
    The new ones have a nock plastic that is not clear but cheaper looking and cloudy in appearance. I also noticed the old DoubleTake packaging says "Made in the USA" but that is not on the new package.
    Is this the case of another company purchasing a brand name then shipping production out of the country and resulting in a cheaply made product? The package doesn't list manufacture only "From the makers of Rage".
    I think the new Nockturnals would be more useful in the medical field-as a colonoscopy illuminator...

DXT
    QAD HD
    MBG Solaris
    Slick Tricks+GT5575

Don't know but thanks for the heads up. I'm going to my local shop today and maybe pick up some from last year. Thanks again....

Rage bought nockturnals from double take and trashed them

Yes they sold the product to rage and the quality went downhill. Lots of reports of them breaking and inconsistent diameters. I have 2 that fit perfect and one that is loose. I just painted a few coats of clear nail polish on it.
    2013 Elite Hunter 30in draw 72#, HHA OL5500, QAD Ultra HDx, Victory Vap V1 .300
    Helix Broadheads

I know the ones I got this year are not as bright as the ones a got 2seasons ago
    08 PSE XForce TS (29' 65#), HHA 5019, Rip Cord, Stokerized Concealment Hunter, Little Goose, CE Mayhems

I bought some off basspro and got them in the other day. got all excited because ive never used them before. Took em outa the package and they didnt fit my arrows. The package says somthing like (cant remember wording), Fits 99% of arrows, or fits almost all arrows...something like that. Had to wrap the shaft of the nocturnal in tape for them to fit my arrow. Still flys good, but still a little frustrated about it.

The Pink ones are the brightest out of the bunch. Had to sand mine down to get them to fit into my Injexions. Didn't do that at first and broke one off down in the shaft.

thats a real bummer

sounds like a real bummer for sure. I love the ones I bought last year. Wanted to buy more this year...may have to steer clear of them now?
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 29" Draw | 65# Draw Weight
    Lotus 3-Pin | QAD Ultra-Rest PRO HD | Fuse 8" Stabalizer | Fuse Satori 5 Arrow Quiver | G5 Peep | TruBall Release | Gold Tip XT Hunter 7595 | G5 T3 100gr.

I bought my wife a bow....What was I thinking?!?

Nothing like f'ing up a great product. They were popular for a reason, good quality at a reasonable price. Thanks Rage.
    “Those who act like sheep, will be eaten by Wolves”

E32
    DNA

This is my first year of trying them and I am not impressed.....I purchased two packs and both were size S however each pack had a size X in them.
    I shoulda known as soon as I saw the name Rage on the package that they were not quality.
    Hoyt Katera XL 29.5" HHA 5519 Trophy Takerr
    2013 BLACK SHADOW BEAR ANARCHY Trophy Taker Smackdown and HHA DSOXL5519

They will still sell the crap out of them. The guys at Rage are advertising wizzards!!! If you're lucky, you can still find a few of the originals.

Quality control def went down hill, I ordered 2 packages in that were to be the x style nock for my arrows. Got them in and one package all three nocks were s style in a package labeled x. The second pack one nock was and x style and 2 where standards all in the same pack labeled x style. That's a huge quality control failure, 2 different sizes in one pack of three, come on now.

Yep, leave it to RAGE to screw it all up im going back to lumen nocks!
    SHREWD ARCHERY PRO STAFF, 60X Custom Strings
    Hoyt Contender Elite spirals
    Bowtech Insanity CPX , Black ops

Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Nothing like f'ing up a great product. They were popular for a reason, good quality at a reasonable price. Thanks Rage.
    I just sent an email saying this exact thing! FREAKIN IDIOTS!!!!!!!!
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 w/ RKT conversion/ QAD Ultrarest / HHA / Scott Exxus

I field tested my new blue Nokturnals yesterday evening at dusk. the light seems to me ok to me though not as bright as past models. Also, I know I bought the correct ones for my arrows (the GT's for Gold Tips) but they don't seem to fit well. A touch loose though they seem to shoot fine. I just don't wanna be in a situation where I get into my stand and find I am missing a nock. Does painting clear nail polish on them tighten them up a bit? I was thinking some superglue, but that means it ain't coming out of the shaft. Any thoughts?

Frank

I sent 2 nocturnals back for replacement still havnt received the new ones.

Sent from my HTC EVO

Do them like people did to Lone Wolf when they send production overseas: Call, write, email and complain, stop buying them and maybe they'll bring it back to the US.
    לא עוד In Hebrew: NEVER AGAIN! Trinity Archery Field Staff.
    Even if I could, I would Never Deny the Grace of God in my life. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 2 Tim. 1:12b

I field tested my new blue Nokturnals yesterday evening at dusk. the light seems to me ok to me though not as bright as past models. Also, I know I bought the correct ones for my arrows (the GT's for Gold Tips) but they don't seem to fit well. A touch loose though they seem to shoot fine. I just don't wanna be in a situation where I get into my stand and find I am missing a nock. Does painting clear nail polish on them tighten them up a bit? I was thinking some superglue, but that means it ain't coming out of the shaft. Any thoughts?

Frank
    Clear nail pilish will do the trick...I have also used some fletch tight glue and let it dry to tighten up a loose nock..I got three pink ones from before the switch...Looks like I'll be paying a vist to the bowshop today as well...
    2013 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    31.5 DL 80#
    620gr GT Big Game Hunters 21% FOC
    100gr Anarchy single bevel
    280fps 110KE

I just got 6 nocturnals was trying them out and it started to rain not a problem until I tried to turn them off. They turn off ok but ten minutes later they came back on by themselves. I must have screwed with those things for two hours couldnt get them to stay off permanently. I think they finally dried out and stayed off until I was out in the woods in the rain again and one by one they started to come back on. Got tired of messing with them and just let them burn. I will try sending them back but I tossed the packages and receipt. I don't know maybe I got a bad batch but if they don't do me right I won't buy them again!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent done so..... but has anyone else checked the weight on the new ones to see if they are even close to the 20 grains they advertise??
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 w/ RKT conversion/ QAD Ultrarest / HHA / Scott Exxus

Mine are just over maybe 20.3 or .4 can't remember exactly.
    Twin Alphaburners

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie G View Post

Frank
    Take a Walmart bag and stick it over the back of the shaft loosly and then place the nock in so that it drives a layer of the bag down in with the nock. This is a great way to tighten loose nocks not to mention cheap and quick. Might need to trim it some but it works great for me.
    All for HIS glory! / Hunt hard or go home!
    09 Elite GT 500 Ninja / 08.5 GT 500 G1 camo
    T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff / Vapor Trail Shooting Staff
    Steves Archery / Twin Oaks Archery

Excellent advice. Thanks Bo Bob.

Frank

I got a pack a month ago that were marked as S knocks but it had H knocks in the pack. Retailer was so fed up with Rage that he wouldn't even handle it. I had to email Rage and tell them what happened. I got a response almost immediately and they were sending new ones my way no questions asked Well after 2 weeks I saw no nocks and contacted them again, twice. Another week and I finally received the replacements. Fortunately the replacements are just fine. The plastic is crystal clear and they are as bright as the old ones. My guess is they really screwed the pooch and know it and have stepped up to remedy the problem, at least I hope.
    Natures Essence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast