Thread: How old is this Ben Pearson Compound?

How old is this Ben Pearson Compound?

I have a Ben Pearson bow that is so old it is not in Pearson's oldest catalog and they say they have no record of it. I would like to know how old it is and the approximate value. It is in mint condition! The stickers say Ben Pearson 12GA Magnum.....
    Anyone??

bow2.jpgbow3.jpgbow4.jpgbow5.jpgbow1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 62beetle View Post
    I have a Ben Pearson bow that is so old it is not in Pearson's oldest catalog and they say they have no record of it. I would like to know how old it is and the approximate value. It is in mint condition! The stickers say Ben Pearson 12GA Magnum.....
    Anyone??
    Addendum: i meant to mention in the above post that I have just taken this bow out of retirement. I am at age 70 and have not loosed an arrow for about 30 years. Also I have cataract in right eye, everything is pretty blurry. I set the magnum up and fired a few at 15X and got a three shot group 2 1/2" diameter about 3 inches off center. Not bad for two old codgers working together. I will try to attach pics, Love to know more about this bow

How old is this Ben Pearson Compound?

I have one at the shop, new oldie, just never sold. I believe in the early 1980s. I know a person that bought a 20 ga. Pearson. I'll ask him for a closer date.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

This is on the Pearson site. Catalogs are huge in volume - I'm on dial up and it would take forever to look at all

http://www.benpearson.com/vb/showthr...et-of-Catalogs
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Bartlesville, OK Wishing I was hiking up a mtn lookin for elk!
    I have a Browning Nomad from 1984. By the similar design, I'm guessing they are from the same era.
    Browning.jpg

Browning 2.jpg

Mine is wrapped in camo. Without the wrap, my bow has a wood riser and black limbs. Eccentrics even look similar.

Good Luck I retired mine in 2008. Never killed anything with it.

Oh, well wait, yes I did kill a possum on campus when I was in college. There is a story behind that I'm not real proud of.
    CADET
    08 Browning Illusion Octane 2pc Quiver Octane Stabilizer
    Cobra DRM Sight Ripcord Drop-Away Rest
    Gold Tip Pro Hunter w/ G5 Montec
    South Dakota will always be home!

I purchased a new Pearson 12ga around 1984.
    I remember the bow shot well.

Is it still for sale? I miss the ol wood risers.
    damage, inc.