Thread: Heres the Bowtech Destroyer LE

Heres the Bowtech Destroyer LE

https://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/productBreakdown?i=41

2014 Black Elite Energy 35
    Axcel Armortech Pro HD
    Vital X Magnix Rest
    Carbon Express Line Jammer Pro's/ Gold Tip Triple X Pro's
    Scott Backspin 3 Finger

No other bow has ruined more hunts that the first gen shallow grove cams d350/d340. What does D350LE stand for?Derailer 350 limited explosion? The insanity is so much better.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

Heres the Bowtech Destroyer LE

I shoot the shallow groove destroyer. It's pretty simple don't torque the bow like a mad man and it'll shoot just fine. I have easily over 1000 shots on mine with no problems. Its not made for rookies....

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    No other bow has ruined more hunts that the first gen shallow grove cams d350/d340. What does D350LE stand for?Derailer 350 limited explosion? The insanity is so much better.
    The first Monster 6's had the same issue, eh? So it was not only limited to the Destroyers.

I had a D340 with shallow cam tracks and had no problems with it.

However, I will agree with you that I am not comfortable with any bow that has shallow cam tracks. Not for hunting.

I would reckon that BowTech has rectified the issue of any shallow cam tracks for future bows.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

I have a Range Rover sight and a Hyper Glide cable slide for sale in the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    The first Monster 6's had the same issue, eh? So it was not only limited to the Destroyers.

I had a D340 with shallow cam tracks and had no problems with it.

However, I will agree with you that I am not comfortable with any bow that has shallow cam tracks. Not for hunting.

I would reckon that BowTech has rectified the issue of any shallow cam tracks for future bows. Skeet.
    The problem is. How long it took them to fix the problem. I know Mathews took care of it on the M6 almost immediatly.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewshootr View Post
    The problem is. How long it took them to fix the problem. I know Mathews took care of it on the M6 almost immediatly.
    Yes, cannot argue with that one. And I'm not picking on the Monster. Just using it as an example.

My point is, it's all water under the bridge now.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

I have a Range Rover sight and a Hyper Glide cable slide for sale in the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    Yes, cannot argue with that one. And I'm not picking on the Monster. Just using it as an example.

My point is, it's all water under the bridge now.

Skeet.

No offense taking here. I don't shoot a Mathews anymore. I'm just stuck with the name I'm to the point, I would make a donation to AT if they would let me change my username

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer 11 View Post
    I shoot the shallow groove destroyer. It's pretty simple don't torque the bow like a mad man and it'll shoot just fine. I have easily over 1000 shots on mine with no problems. Its not made for rookies....
    Thats funny .don't torque the bow on let down in a hunting situation 1000% time even if you can with every other bow made except the first gen monster.did you get your r&d check from bowtech?they fixed the problem so there must of been a problem.the fact is the d350 was a very good shooting bow and as long as you shot the arrow you were fine,but letting down? I think the insanity is a outstanding bow.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

I am still shooting and hunting with a 2010 destroyer shallow grove cam and have let dowm many many times no problem

The Destroyer is a fine hunting bow as many will attest. But there can really be no debate concerning Bowtech's lack of timely response to production issues of their bows. They eventually take care of things but I just don't think that they can take the approach that they are unaware of any problems with a straight face (their first reaction of addressing manufacturing problems). I have a lack of respect for that kind of nonchalant attitude toward customer service.

This is not bashing at all. It is calling a spade a spade and providing concrete proof of it. The evidence is there.

However, the innovation and creativity that is invested into the design of their bows is incredible. In the case of the short groove cams on the Destroyer and the limb flaking of the Invasions, there were problems that had to be worked out even after production. But once those kinks were worked out you had one heck of a compound bow in your hands.

Let's at least give credit where credit is due.
    but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....Romans 8

Me, I'll stick with my Invasion. Bowtechs finest
    Prairie Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    Thats funny .don't torque the bow on let down in a hunting situation 1000% time even if you can with every other bow made except the first gen monster.did you get your r&d check from bowtech?they fixed the problem so there must of been a problem.the fact is the d350 was a very good shooting bow and as long as you shot the arrow you were fine,but letting down? I think the insanity is a outstanding bow.
    Which bow company has never had a problem with any of their bows? I can't think of any right now. And I'm pretty sure the LE is not a shallow grooved cam. soo...................
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by dparsons View Post
    I am still shooting and hunting with a 2010 destroyer shallow grove cam and have let dowm many many times no problem
    Exactly, onepin is obviously just going off crap on here and never owned or shot a d350 much to say something like that. Now I have to admit I have not shot the insanity but it cannot possibly be worlds better as the destroyer shoots too damn good.

Their maybe a problem with the 2010 cams but so far I have had none, I have a 2011 and a 2012 with the new finish and the 2011 and 2012 has the deep grove cam I like the destroyer as you can tell but I will be the first to say CS is not great.

Looks cool, hope the new limb finish is drama free this yr. od binary with the flex guard is where its at
    Bowtech-Invasion in Moonshine, Hoyt-Carbon Spyder 30 Realtree xtra
    Accurate Archery Tuning-ONTARGET7
    SH Archery-Scottie/PA
    Nail by nail, and board by board.

John 3:16
    Ten Point Turbo 11
    Excalibur Matrix 355

I had a 2010 Bowtech D350 as well and never once had an issue. It sounds like the only people who had any problems with it were ones torquing it like it was a frisbee! Anyway, they depend the groves almost immediately to fix the problem for people who couldn't stop torquing it. This new Limited Edition looks awesome. The guy at the shop said the limbs look amazing. I'll have mine on order by the end of the day!

Still shooting my crappy "shallow groove" Destroyer, amazing I am still alive.
    Bowtech Destroyer 350- 29in/73 lbs
    QAD Pro, Doinker D2, Hoggitt 5-.019/.010

Octane Bantam Weight
    Maxima Blue Streak Select/85 NAP Spitfire

Geesh, it's an old issue that was fixed a long time ago. Move on and enjoy the new LE Destroyer if you want and if you don't that's ok too. In the end it's about shooting what works for you! Can't wait to take a peek at it in the shop this week!
    Oak Ridge Archery, Dead Center Archery Products, Gold Tip, Vapor Trail

Quote Originally Posted by mathewshootr View Post
    I had a xlr8 derail while trying to check the timing. My fault but Mathews wouldn't. Give me replacement cams. So no the didn't do it fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby'smom View Post
    Geesh, it's an old issue that was fixed a long time ago. Move on and enjoy the new LE Destroyer if you want and if you don't that's ok too. In the end it's about shooting what works for you! Can't wait to take a peek at it in the shop this week!

Bowtech fixed the problem just like mathews did. When someone had a problem with derailment, they took it to the shop and got the cam replaced. If you didn't have a problem, you didn't get it fixed.

THe d350 derailment problem seemed to be concentrated with people who had a 29 to 30 draw length. With the longer draw, the cam rotated far enough that the string didn't sit in much of the groove so they deepened part of the track so it would keep it in the groove during let down or excessive torque.
    Deer tremble when they hear my name

I ain't no pimp.

Original destroyer didn't have the Overdrive Binary did it?

I wish they brought the 340 back....Shoulda never sold mine! Anyone wanna sell me one? Seriously!
    www.bowfitters.net 219-775-8446
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here
    Printable service form: Bow Fitter's LLC service order form

Quote Originally Posted by mez View Post
    Original destroyer didn't have the Overdrive Binary did it?
    Sure did!
    www.bowfitters.net 219-775-8446
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here
    Printable service form: Bow Fitter's LLC service order form

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast