a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowtech and Hoyt dealers... "don't buy the bowtech" !?

Bowtech and Hoyt dealers... "don't buy the bowtech" !?

After visiting several shops in my state when comparing the vector to the insanity I was surprised to find that every single shop advised me to buy the Hoyt. They cited everything from just better hoyt quality to really bad customer service from bowtech. I found it to be a real problem if a company was pissing off their dealers so bad that they were pushing other bow lines. Also it's just a guess but I would bet they make more money when they sell a bowtech than they do a hoyt.

I went into the shops completely open to the idea of either 1 but after being told by a couple different shops the same thing I went with the vector

2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo Blackout, Hogg Father, Hoyt QAD, Doinker Tactical Stab, Tight Spot, and a Stan SX2... Booner Banger!

Thanks the useful tip!!
    Tall Tine Bowstrings : www glaciallakesarchery com
    Custom Bow Equipment, Hot Shot Releases, Gold Tip Arrows, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, S4 Gear
    Elite Archery Dealer
    Ninja Engery 35 Hunting & Ninja Tour Field/3D

Quote Originally Posted by HOYT3065 View Post
    After visiting several shops in my state when comparing the vector to the insanity I was surprised to find that every single shop advised me to buy the Hoyt. They cited everything from just better hoyt quality to really bad customer service from bowtech. I found it to be a real problem if a company was pissing off their dealers so bad that they were pushing other bow lines. Also it's just a guess but I would bet they make more money when they sell a bowtech than they do a hoyt.

I went into the shops completely open to the idea of either 1 but after being told by a couple different shops the same thing I went with the vector
    Not always true ...protected territories, market pricing zones and distance to competitrors will all effect profit margins.
    Bowtech INVASION "BLACK OPS"
    Archer Extreme AXT Driver
    CE BlueStreak 350s
    Rapids Archery Club
    Pope and Young Club... "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then..."

This is going to be an interesting thread.
    <')))><

I don't claim to know which 1 carries the better profit margins for the dealer. It was more of a side note.
    2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo Blackout, Hogg Father, Hoyt QAD, Doinker Tactical Stab, Tight Spot, and a Stan SX2... Booner Banger!

the last time i saw a price sheet on hoyt bows was 2006...think it was that year..........Dealers were only making like $200 per bow.

I would buy a hoyt way before a bowtech.....my 2 cents
    "There's a good chance you don't like me. There's an even better chance that I don't care."

It sounds like a case of most of the other shops out there. It's hard to find a shop that isn't biased to one bow company to another. I just ignore these people. I found a shop where the fella doesn't care what you shoot. If you are happy when you leave, that's what he cares about. Great shop! I have found most of the folks that sell this way have always shot Brand X, can't work on the Brand Y bow effectively, or are just a complete jackarse!!! I have taken 5 different brands of bows in to my guy in the last year and bought another brand from him. He always says the same thing, "you know you have a sickness, right?"

MAYBE it's the dealer pissing off the company and you may not know what you're talking about without experiencing things first hand. Maybe, you should try out both bows before speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOYT3065 View Post

BowTech Pro Staff, JBK Pro Staff, AAE Field Staff, Black Eagle Pro Staff. 2012 Insanity CPX, B Stinger Stabilizer, CBE TEK Hunter Pro Sight .AAE Pro Drop rest,. Stan shootoff release and Black Eagle Carnivores. 2012 Specailist with Sure Loc Supreme Sights, AAE Freakshow, and Black Eagle Magnums.

I know one of the pro shops that i visit, have 2 diff. shops close by, anyhow i remember few years ago they were so pissed at bowtech, because of all the problems they had to deal with, limbs with 05-06 allegence(think it was mainly 05) but i had 2 limb replacements on my 06, then the problems with i think the guardians (recall ), finish problems on limbs, there just tired of doing all the warrenty work for free, what they said. The allegience was what i stopped shooting mathews for, hell of a shooter but after 2 limb problems, i was done. If it was just those 2 choices , i would also go with the hoyt
    Ohh thee Insanity, PSE ?
    Doing it X-ecution Style
    PSE Militia
    swatting swarms in the swamp

Everyone has their own personal opinions, I myself dont care what brand bow it is as long as it feels and shoots good in my hands.
    Is it hunting season yet?
    Martin C3
    Slick Tricks

Maybe I am fortunate to have found a dealer that carries multiple lines, including Hoyt and Bowtech, and his main goal is to satisfy the customers. BUT::::

Anytime a dealer tries to steer me away from one brand to another causes me to really question his reasoning.
    So many cats,,,so few recipes.

Did you shoot them both for yourself? Or did you just take someone else's word for it? I could give a hoot whether someone buys Bowtech or Hoyt or Mathews or PSE. None of them pay me anything. Just think if I were in your shoes and at a shop to buy a new bow, I would have made it clear that I wanted to shoot them all so that the right bow could pick me. JMHO

hmm, maybe it has something to do with the teir level the hoyt dealer is at....Once they reach a certain $$ range on bows they buy, they get into the next teir of pricing they get a kickback for every bow they sold previously between the difference between the last teir of pricing and the new tier of pricing. Hope this makes sense. Just keep in mind if a shop pushing one high end bow over another , normally, there is some finacial benefit for them out of it. I do not do business this way. This is one of the reasons I opened a shop a few years back.

To my kowledge Bowtech does not do this, I know hoyt does.
    Wabanaki Wilderness 207-853-0949

Authorized Retailer for BOWTECH, DARTON, DIAMOND, ELITE, MATHEWS, MISSION & PSE

Makes me wonder where the greatest profit margain lies.....
    Yes, I'm a Dinosaur.... Heavy draw weight, and fixed blade broadheads. No one ever complains about over penetration.
    Insanity CPXL 72#
    TradTech Titan II 62", BlackMax longs, 58# @ 29" (Hunting)
    TradTech Titan III 64", BlackMax longs, 42# @ 29" (Off season indoors)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro1011 View Post
    It sounds like a case of most of the other shops out there. It's hard to find a shop that isn't biased to one bow company to another. I just ignore these people. I found a shop where the fella doesn't care what you shoot. If you are happy when you leave, that's what he cares about. Great shop! I have found most of the folks that sell this way have always shot Brand X, can't work on the Brand Y bow effectively, or are just a complete jackarse!!! I have taken 5 different brands of bows in to my guy in the last year and bought another brand from him. He always says the same thing, "you know you have a sickness, right?"
    You wouldnt happen to be talking about George at Custom archery would you? He is the least biast archery shop I have ever been to.

Funny, same thing happened to me today. Stopped by a shop for giggles and clearance. A guy was looking at the Invasion, Insanity and Vector Turbo. The archery guy was recommending the Hoyt. He had a small lists of why. Weighed out pretty effectively his reasonings. From what I remember here are the positives he laid out for each...

Hoyt:
    Quality
    Reliability
    Network
    "Overall just a great bow. Nothing too exciting but always a great bow overall"

Bowtech:
    FAST
    Really tuneable
    "We have had some issues with some. If it were my money I would get the Hoyt but both are great bows and we will take care of you either way"

Quote Originally Posted by msu33 View Post
    You wouldnt happen to be talking about George at Custom archery would you? He is the least biast archery shop I have ever been to.
    Yes, in fact I am!!! The most laid back, least biased person I have ever met in the industry. He is a great guy and will make sure you are happy when you leave the shop. Whether you are getting a whole new rig or a peep adjustment or some range time. Great guy and a great shop.

There are two ex Bowtech dealers in my area. One 25 miles away, the other 55 miles. They both stopped carrying Bowtech because BT wanted them to carry bows that would not move in their store. BT did not give them any other options and basically said " this is our offer, take it or leave it". They both left it and now there isn't a BT dealer withnin 100 miles of me.
    2011 Maitland Retribution VTR, 60X strings,Axion pulse, Axis 340's, Spott hogg hunter hogg it 7pin wrapped
    2010 Maitland Retribution VTX
    Bowtech Invasion
    Bowtech Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kahkon View Post
    hmm, maybe it has something to do with the teir level the hoyt dealer is at....Once they reach a certain $$ range on bows they buy, they get into the next teir of pricing they get a kickback for every bow they sold previously between the difference between the last teir of pricing and the new tier of pricing. Hope this makes sense. Just keep in mind if a shop pushing one high end bow over another , normally, there is some finacial benefit for them out of it. I do not do business this way. This is one of the reasons I opened a shop a few years back.

To my kowledge Bowtech does not do this, I know hoyt does.
    Very good point.
    I would also take into account that if that shops Hoyt sales drop significantly from year to year their dealership may be in jeopardy.
    I have never had any type of bad service from Bowtech, EVER.
    And if a dealer is bad mouthing Bowtech and they are a dealer then maybe they shouldnt be a dealer for them at all.
    Dont you need to question why they would badmouth a company that they buy and sell their products??
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

Bowtech and Hoyt dealers... "don't buy the bowtech" !?

There's not much profit on the higher end bows around 200 bux shops make there money off accessories with around 40% markup

Quote Originally Posted by Keith t View Post
    There are two ex Bowtech dealers in my area. One 25 miles away, the other 55 miles. They both stopped carrying Bowtech because BT wanted them to carry bows that would not move in their store. BT did not give them any other options and basically said " this is our offer, take it or leave it". They both left it and now there isn't a BT dealer withnin 100 miles of me.
    This is a lie, they fibbed to you.
    Bowtech would never do this, they want their dealers to be successful. They would never make them sell something they didn't want, that's just stupid.
    Probably what really happened is they lost their dealership due to a policy violation or they didn't pay their bills. It's easier to blame the company that to admit you messed up.
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

Sounds more like a bad shop to me. My local shop sells Hoyt, Bowtech, PSE, and Martin. But the owner went out of town and bought a Z7 so you could try all of them back to back. If you liked the Z7 the best he'd even give you the directions to the nearest dealer. I guess I'm just lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Brut View Post
    Everyone has their own personal opinions, I myself dont care what brand bow it is as long as it feels and shoots good in my hands.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tedlebo View Post
    Maybe I am fortunate to have found a dealer that carries multiple lines, including Hoyt and Bowtech, and his main goal is to satisfy the customers. BUT::::

Anytime a dealer tries to steer me away from one brand to another causes me to really question his reasoning.
    Yes...I am always leary of people trying to steer me away from something without really good reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill 2311 View Post
    Makes me wonder where the greatest profit margain lies.....
    Paid $849 plus tax as soon as the vector series came out last year.....when i bought it I asked for my box...when i got home the had left an invoice on there from hoyt said vector 32 $625
    Last edited by BowHuntnKY; October 2nd, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Elite

I would also have to wonder if the guy in the shop is shooting for Hoyt? I find a lot of shop techs will get free bows and equipment from companies. Some do so because they realy like the product line.. Others are just doing so for the free bows.
    I know of one guy that has shot for Martin, PSE and Hoyt. He is realistic about such and told me that each has good features and he is willing to shoot for any of them that give him the bow. He will not bash the others, but he does emphasize the positives of the brand currently being shot.
    I think that is what any shop employee should do. Tell you what is good aboout each, based upon your needs.
    Yes, I'm a Dinosaur.... Heavy draw weight, and fixed blade broadheads. No one ever complains about over penetration.
    Insanity CPXL 72#
    TradTech Titan II 62", BlackMax longs, 58# @ 29" (Hunting)
    TradTech Titan III 64", BlackMax longs, 42# @ 29" (Off season indoors)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast