Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summit Titan overhaul

Summit Titan overhaul

Well my ole summit was a little dinged up and some paint was chipping on it. I did a search on here and decided to overhaul it with a new paint job, seat, arm rest, heat shrink and a molle system. I stripped it down to the bones and took it to work and media blasted it. Came out looking like this.

I then took some 100 grit sand paper and roughed it up a little. Then hit it with 2 coats of primer.

After that I roughed it up again with a scuff pad and put down the first base coat. I applied two coats this color.

My favorite camo is the original MO bottomland. I have a stencil I made from some clear vinyl I got at Hobby Lobby. Here are the stencils. Don't ask how long it took to cut these out with an exacto knife.

I then applied the 2nd color. This takes a while especially if you do it alone.

After all this dried, I put the final color to it.

I have not recieved my molle 2 or anything else yet, so when I get all that I will post a pic of the finished product. My plans are for a treestand mounted bow holder, a cup holder, a quiver bracket and I will more than likely try and figure out a way to mount a fanny pack on it permantly, instead of taking it off everytime.

Forgot to mention how hard it is to get the original paint or powdercoat or whatever it is off, even with a media blaster. That stuff is tuff.

I am following this! Looks great so far!
    2009 Bowtech Sniper

Living the Dream!

The paint job w/stencils is AWESOME! I think that's 1 of the best DIY paint jobs i've seen.

I agree, awesome paint job. Do you have a file of them stencils on ur pc? Maybe you'd like to share?
    Archers Against Cancer - Shooting for a Cure!
    Event Founder and Organizer!
    Help Us make A Difference!
    Supporting the "Gene Goodreau Patient Assistance Fund"

Sorry I don't have a file. I tell u what might work. I could take a pic of just the stencils then email the pic. You couldprint it off in black and white on a plotter like at Kinko's or something. Print full page to the biggest paper they have. Then cut out the stencil from the paper. Then get the clear vinyl at hobby lobby and paint the paper stencil onto it. Then do like I done and use an exacto knife and cut it out. It takes several hours to cut all that out. That's the only way I would know of to share it with you guys. Unless I just painted what I have on a sheet of paper and mailed it to you.

I was planning on doing my summit stand soon also - grabbed some rustoleum camo cans and just need time & energy... I was NOT planning on that much effort in removing the powdercoating! just going to clean mine up where it's flaking and build a camo pattern from the original green.

How did you manage with the shrink tubing??? I got some off ebay last spring and it just didn't get 100% tight around the cables... It's OK, functional but looks a little wrinkled & it is loose around the wire....

Nice work!

nice!

Looks great!

Why remove the powder coat?

Why camo the part you stand on (I'd be to lazy)?

The rustoleum camo paint needs a slightly darker than primer gray color.

Man that look sharp. I really love the camo job you did. I need to repaint mine bad but ran out of time before the season. I did put a hazmore seat, molleII set up , and a set of thirdhand stabilizer straps on mine. Huge improvement! If you don't have stabilizers straps I would strongly recommend getting a set, either thirdhand, lone wolf (but these have plastic buckles) or make a set yourself. They really do make the top rock steady. I will keep looking for more updates as you continue.
    ~ GOD, Family, Country ~
    Hoyt CRX32

for later
    2013 Motive 7, Snow Camo & Black
    Gold Tip Pro Hunters & X Cutters....Stan SX1...Scott Longhorn Hunter

Very nice looks awesome
    member of narragansettbowhunters.org

Quote Originally Posted by bill_collector View Post
    Sorry I don't have a file. I tell u what might work. I could take a pic of just the stencils then email the pic. You couldprint it off in black and white on a plotter
    That would work for me. I could work with it from there. Knew it must have taken hours to cut that out......lol But I don't mind putting the time in to a great project like this

Also, if you go to thirdhandarchery dot com and check out their climbing stand bow holder you might like the idea
    Archers Against Cancer - Shooting for a Cure!
    Event Founder and Organizer!
    Help Us make A Difference!
    Supporting the "Gene Goodreau Patient Assistance Fund"

Maxtor, thanks for the bow holder idea.
    PJ wi, I am ocd about everything matching. I'm looking hard for some old pants to make me a padded gun rest that's in the original bottom land camo.
    I also plan to put the third hand stabilizers on I just forgot to mention it. I haven't got the heat shrink yet but as the stuff comes in I will post updates.

I blasted the original primer off because a lot of it was flaking. I wanted the new paint to stick good. The best thing would be to get a new one and camo it up as soon as you get it.

Great news. I just ordered 3 yards of waterproof fabric in the original MO bottomland pattern. How lucky can you get?!

How much would you charge for a set of those stencils?

too cool....! I got a great day and might be motivated enough to get busy!... crap, only got maybe 2 hours daylight left!... gotta run!

Nice!

Here is a link to a stencil kit like mine if anyone is interested.

https://styx-river.com/products/?cat...tegory=2&id=61

some different patterns of lace fabric from the fabric store, will work like the stencil's also

Following

Nice work!
    Nock Point Archery

Hey can I send you my Titan and have you paint it? lol j/k but that looks awesome! I just got my Molle 2 for mine but haven't put it on yet. What are you doing to replace the seat? I love how comfy my stock seat is but it's a PITA on your back because it's so big. I've thought about trying something that doesn't hang below the upper frame of the stand like the factory one but I'm not too familiar with any options that might be available to change?
    Mathews MR5 29"@70lbs 620gr@262fps 22.75% FOC
    Victory VAP250 Externally Footed 90gr SS Insert w/ 190gr Steelforce Single Bevel Phathead
    "No one has ever lost an animal because their arrow penetrated too much." Dr. Ed Ashby
    "When it comes to hits try for the best but prepare for the worst." Dr. Ed Ashby

Henro, I replaced my seat last year with another summit seat. I will never use anything else, thats what I love most about summit stands.

I got the molle in today and put it on. I also put the heat shrink on it as well as the bow holder and quiver bracket. Here is some more pics of the progress.

This is before and after of my cables.

Here is a pic with the molle on. There are some things I got to do to mount the molle on better.

Here is the quiver mount and bow holder.

I am waiting on the fabric to come in the redo my arm rest. I also think I am gonna mount a fanny pack on the left arm rest also that way I don't have to tote a backpack any more. I will be posting more pics as I get the parts in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast