a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Irish Setter or Muck boots ?

Irish Setter or Muck boots ?

Looking at Irish Setter and Muck boots. My younger brother has the Muck Max boots and likes them. Which of these two would you choose?

DNA---------27.5/65 , 2013 BG 3 PIN ASCENT, VAPORTRAIL LIMBDRIVER PRO-V , PSE-X-QUIVER,G5 META PEEP 3/16

Was told that muck boot using cheaper material to make their boot and not holding up well now.

I just went through this decision. It came down to the Irish Setter Rutmasters (800's) and the Muck Woody Elite (Same as the Woody Max, except the Elite is full camo). The Setters were difficult to get on, compared to the Muck's, and I thought the Mucks were a bit more comfortable, at least for me. The Setter's seemed a bit narrow, but I have a slightly wide foot, though i do usually wear a standard width, not a wide.

The construction of both looks good, I have had Muck brand in the past and have always been happy with the quality.

They are both good boots, but the Muck's won the comfort test. I hunted in them Saturday night, temps got down around 30 in the U.P., my feet were nice and warm.

Hope this helps....

Mucks, wearing them now and can't believe how comfy and warm they are.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349715433.945452.jpg

I couldn't get the setter's either because of a wide foot. My friend got a pair and is happy. I went with a lower priced pair of competitor's boots that are waterproof and very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by S4 300-60 View Post
    I just went through this decision. It came down to the Irish Setter Rutmasters (800's) and the Muck Woody Elite (Same as the Woody Max, except the Elite is full camo). The Setters were difficult to get on, compared to the Muck's, and I thought the Mucks were a bit more comfortable, at least for me. The Setter's seemed a bit narrow, but I have a slightly wide foot, though i do usually wear a standard width, not a wide.

The construction of both looks good, I have had Muck brand in the past and have always been happy with the quality.

They are both good boots, but the Muck's won the comfort test. I hunted in them Saturday night, temps got down around 30 in the U.P., my feet were nice and warm.

Hope this helps....

Thanks for the reply. I am narrowing it down between the Rutmasters (800 or 1200) and the New Woody Ex Pro or Woody Max/Elite.

Keep them coming fellas!
    DNA---------27.5/65 , 2013 BG 3 PIN ASCENT, VAPORTRAIL LIMBDRIVER PRO-V , PSE-X-QUIVER,G5 META PEEP 3/16

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMedic View Post
    Mucks, wearing them now and can't believe how comfy and warm they are.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349715433.945452.jpg
    You rock!

Lol, scared a good shooter before day break this morning and after 2 spots I'm still skunked. Although it sure beats a day at the fire house and I sure am comfy.

Of those two brands, I thought the Muck were more comfortable. I actually went with Bogs Classic High because of comfort, tread, and their cold rating of -20 to -40 since my feet get cold pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunter1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I am narrowing it down between the Rutmasters (800 or 1200) and the New Woody Ex Pro or Woody Max/Elite.

Keep them coming fellas!
    theres woody ex pros size 9 on ebay. i'm not selling them but thought i would share the deal
    Mathews Heli-m lost camo, hdx, axis n fused, copper john dead nutz, ktech
    hoyt excel blackout w/ TT black maxs

Mucks are the only rubber boots that fit me right. Used them for years now.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Thanks guys! I went with the Muck Woody Elite.