Archery Talk Forum banner

Tree Saddle?

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  nova bowhunter 
#1 ·
Anyone use a Tree Saddle? Just curious what you think of them.

#3 ·
I have an Anderson tree sling that I purchased in the 1980's. I probably used it a dozen times or so 25 years ago. The tree has to be 'just right' for it to be comfortable and the person using it needs to be in pretty good physical condition which I was then, not so much now.

#4 ·
They are a really nice option and super mobile. The Tree Saddle is no longer made. Try looking at the Guido's Web. Do a search on here. Lots of material on here about it.

#9 ·
I have a tree saddle I bought it last year used it part of the season ,,,Here is where they shine ,,light wieght moblie set up ..I hunt some public and it is great to just walk in and set up in almost any tree ..I like it ..It does help to be in pretty good shape..and you want to practise setting it up and shooting out of it .I only set in mine for 2-3 hours at a time that is all I hunt most of the time any way....You need to use climbing sticks and steps for a base ..you wear it in and out...and if you find some good sign you can set up on right then..

#16 ·
Actually you will have less deer see you. Most of the time with the saddle you are right up against the trunk of the tree in a resting position. When you are leaning away from the tree you just look like a branch.
I generally only hunt about 10-12' off the ground due to my fear of heights and I have far fewer deer see me when I'm in my saddle.

#14 ·
They are probably the safest, most versatile hunting system ever devised. You can find them on Ebay and Craigslist. If you want to see how to use one check You tube or John Eberhart's web site. After you get used to them you can pee out of them too. You can actually rotate yourself 180-degrees inside the saddle itself, as well as move around the perimeter of the tree you're tethered too.
They work in any tree, doesn't matter what it looks like. If it can hold your weight you can hunt from it.

#22 ·
Always ... struck me as being medieval and inefficient. Has to be rough on your feet and make for a lot of "offhand" shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.