Thread: Shoot through mesh? Have you used it?

Shoot through mesh? Have you used it?

I moved in a pop up blind and brushed it in tight against some cedars to try to get a shot at one of my shooter bucks. This blind has the see through camo mesh on the windows that is removable. I was wondering if anyone has shot through this mesh? I am shooting 100 grain G5 T3's. It won't deploy my blades or affect my arrow flight will it?

"Religion: Some people go to church and think about hunting..... Others go hunting and think about God"

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmoney0402 View Post
    I moved in a pop up blind and brushed it in tight against some cedars to try to get a shot at one of my shooter bucks. This blind has the see through camo mesh on the windows that is removable. I was wondering if anyone has shot through this mesh? I am shooting 100 grain G5 T3's. It won't deploy my blades or affect my arrow flight will it?

I have shot out to 35 ish yards with several different types of fixed blade heads without issue. Just for grins I shot a rage two blade at a target. I have never had the mesh affect my shot placement at close or longer ranges. The rage did not open thru the mesh but did open on the target. It did however create more of a "hole" in the mesh when compared to magnus or slick tricks.

I have used it, small drop after 30 yds for me, dead on up to 30 yds

Shot under a doe tonight, TWICE! Once at 15 yards and again at 30 yards. I blame it on the shoot through mesh. Why else would I shoot 3 inches low two times.
    "Religion: Some people go to church and think about hunting..... Others go hunting and think about God"

Not really recommended to shoot Mech heads through mesh. Why would you want to take the chance in blades opening on the mesh and possibly throwing the shot off?

I use the shoot through mesh and have no issues out to my max shooting range of 35 yards. This is with fixed blades. I tried shooting rages through and they opened 2 out of 3 times and when they did open they performed horribly. Both times the blades flipped the wrong way with the blades pointing up and one shot the part that holds the blades in broke. IMO I wouldn't chance shooting mech heads through mesh on a animal.
    Lethal Injection Archery

Re: Shoot through mesh? Have you used it?

Any one else shot rage through screens ?

I have shot through it with fixed heads, but definitely wouldn't with mechanicals.
    Lien2

Re: Shoot through mesh? Have you used it?

Fixed works good? I might try a g5 striker