a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wildgame Innovations Customer Support/Trail Camera Problems!!!

Wildgame Innovations Customer Support/Trail Camera Problems!!!

Well I just wanted to pass on some useful information regarding Wildgame innovations. With in the last year a couple of hunting buddy's and I purchased a few Micro Red trail cameras at a local Dunham's because they were on sale. When i returned home, I unpacked the camera loaded the batteries and put it in the woods. Stupid me i forgot to send in my warranty card (Which i payed for later.) When i dug the camera out this summer i had nothing but trouble. The pics sucked, the camera worked half the time. There was what you would say.... "No Trigger speed". It was obvious the camera was not working like the year prior. I tried everything. I replaced the batteries, bought new sd cards and played with every setting possible. Still the camera would only work half the time and when it did it was crappy. My one buddy also was having the same issue and called a few weeks ago and they sent him the new enhanced micro red without trouble. Today i called and expressed my issues. The lady I talked to was very nice but would not except any of my concerns. She told me that they can't except any returns without any proof of purchase within the last year. She stated she needed a statement of product purchase either in the form of a credit card statement, receipt, or warranty card. I explained to her that i paid cash and that it was my fault the warranty card was not sent in. Usually i am one of those guys that send them in but once i knew the camera was working, i threw everything in the trash. I know the lady was doing her job so i asked for a supervisor. She transferred me and then i was hung up on. Prior to speaking with the CS people, I was on hold for about 20 min. I tried to call back and was on hold for 10 minutes two separate times. I was too frustrated to call again and decided to eat crow. During the first call, the lady also explained they don't do repairs and very seldom give out new cameras. "When I just had a close friend get a new camera a few weeks prior with no proof of purchase.

Needless to say I am not very happy with Wildgame and I will never purchase on of their products again. Maybe its just because I have no current proof of purchase but i work hard for what i have and there are numerous companies in the hunting industry that stand behind their products all the time. Wildgame is a booming company and i know that losing one customer is no big deal but i can never purchase one of their products again. I expected a whole lot more!!!!

I also had many problems with their cameras! After a month in the woods I had many blank pictures and half the body of animals. Then the display went bad! I ended up tossing it and buying a Bushnell camera and couldn't be happier.
    2011 PSE Evo 68/28

They suck I bought one of there cams earlier this year it sucks too, wont buy any anything else from wildgame inovations!!

Cheap cameras, but every time I have an issue with one, I email them. They respond promptly, and I get an RA #. They replace it no charge.

PSE DNA
    Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
    Carter Hammer
    Trophy Taker Smackdown

I had one i also bought from dunhams a little after x-mas took it out of the package to put it up about 3 weeks ago all it would take was white pictures tried a few different brand new sd cards and still white pics so i sent it back they are sending me a new one....dunhams has been bad luck for me with trail cams(i've returned 4 game cameras not only from wild game but other brands also)

I tried to get a new set of instructions from their CS department for a Micro Red I was having some issues with and they do not have any to send. You cannot get instruction manuals for your camera from the manufacturer, is that strange or is it me?

Also purchased a couple in a package deal. Got home and one would not work, sent it back (i paid shipping) they sent two more...... same thing. There is a reason they are booming for now! But it will catch up with them pretty quick. The word is spreading

I am confused because you admit it was your fault but yet you blame the customer service for standing beside their policy? Just thinking if they gave out cameras out everytime they hear this story they would be sending cameras out all the time.

I'm speaking about product not Customer Service.... They did replace my cameras so I guess CS is ok

Quote Originally Posted by tmf View Post
    I tried to get a new set of instructions from their CS department for a Micro Red I was having some issues with and they do not have any to send. You cannot get instruction manuals for your camera from the manufacturer, is that strange or is it me?
    Evidently a lot of companies is doing this now. Not too long ago I purchased an Olympus camera and an instruction manual did not come with it. It was on the set up disc but that is a pain to sit there and read this stuff. Oh well, I don't do instructions very good. LOL
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK A TEACHER, BECAUSE IT'S IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER

For every regulation or law the govt. makes they should have to repeal 5 old ones.

I bought two that did not work at all went in the garbage could not get anyone from there company to contact me Gander would not take them back so I was screwed on my money I would not buy anything from them ever again not even attractants.

I have there camera and a range finder and not happy with either. Had a herd of 12 cow elk in front of the camera for over 2 hours and it only took 12 pics. Had it set up to take a pic every minute but that clearly didnt work and the batterys only last about 10 days instead of months like other cameras.... Half the time the range finder reads zero for yardage. Will be selling both and finding better units.
    Elite GT500

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch"
    " Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Same problem here. I bought 3 of them last year and a wildgame rangfinder. Two of the cameras are not working and the ranger was a piece of trash. They replace the ranger but would do nothing for me on the cameras. The replacement ranger was a piece as well. I tried to contact CS about it and never got anywhere. I gave it up and figured I learned a lesson about buying cheap stuff.
    www.ikesoutdoors.com Bow and Product Reviews, How-to videos and more
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ikesoutdoors

95% of companies that send warranty cards will not accept your problem if they did not get the card and register you. As far as their cameras...I have had several friends have issues also. They are not very well made these days!

I have a Summit Open shot tree stand and I didn't know there even was a warranty card that came with it. The paint is chipping really bad...I called them and a guy said because I did not send in the card they will not warranty it. I went and checked the box a few weeks ago (I keep all original packaging for everything) and the card was not in there. I have never even seen the warranty card!

I had a good experience with their CS. I bought an X6C about 18 months ago from Sportsman Guide. The camera came open and taped closed...it was opened already. Sportsman Guide said it came directly from the MFG and told me to call them. I called WGI and a person actually picked up the phone. I explained the situation and the lady said they would mail me a new camera the next day and email me a paid shipping label. I told her I can at least test it first...maybe it's fine. The camera worked flawless in my back yard and it's been in the woods for 18 months taking pictures.
    I tried to add a signature but my pen ruined the screen

There cameras are nothing but junk....you would have better luck with a trip wire rigged to an old style polaroid. Save the $100 or so they cost and put it towards a decent camera.

Re: Wildgame Innovations Customer Support/Trail Camera Problems!!!

I ve got one of the small IR ones. It's junk compared to my Bushnell trophy cam.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I've went through that crap with cheap cameras too, i bought a bushnell Trophy Cam and have had it for 3 years and this camera is awesome! Best bang for your buck!
    2011 Prime Centroid, Hamskea Versa Rest, Custom Black Gold Vengeance
    60X Strings Field Staff www.60xcustomstrings.com , B Stinger
    Trufire Hardcore Max , Scott Rhino XT, DCA Arrows
    QAD Exodus, Treewalker Pro Mag XL Climber, AAE Max Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by naturalsteel View Post
    I've went through that crap with cheap cameras too, i bought a bushnell Trophy Cam and have had it for 3 years and this camera is awesome! Best bang for your buck!
    x2!

I love their feeders. But I bought one of their cameras from Dicks a few weeks back. Had Anti blurr and all. Well, It blurred a lot and made noise when it took pictures at night. After a week I took it back and traded it for a Stealth Cam Skout 7. It takes a lot better picture and it's quiet.
    SCFletch
    HOYT VECTRIX
    WICKED1 STRINGS

GO GAMECOCKS!

Mine quit working camera turns on but menu screen does not pop up and it don't take pictures anymore. I tried the rest button but it did not help I e-mailed them and was told seeing that it was over a year o;ld they could do nothing for me. They will not be getting any more of my money.

Nothing worse than a Wildgame Innovations camera.

Mine has been a POS too! Eats batteries like crazy!

I'm about to see how they are going to treat me on a range finder. If I have close to your experience I will not be doing any more business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stickflngr View Post
    I have there camera and a range finder and not happy with either. Had a herd of 12 cow elk in front of the camera for over 2 hours and it only took 12 pics. Had it set up to take a pic every minute but that clearly didnt work and the batterys only last about 10 days instead of months like other cameras.... Half the time the range finder reads zero for yardage. Will be selling both and finding better units.
    If you sell them to someone else,doesn't that put you in the same light as Wildgame? Just sayin...lol....
    If you don"t learn something new everyday you are not paying attention.

Bud Light Pro Staff

Seagrams Pro Staff

So we all agree about the cameras. I have (2)Red 6's to add to the pile. They go to sleep 5 mins after they are turned on. And yes, I tried all of the above fixes (cards and Batteries).. So in an effort to stop this thread as a tag on...... What are we buying now? I need to make a purchase soon. I think WGI has quality control issues. Once the word spreads and it will. This part of their empire will crash. So again, what cameras are we all moving too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast