Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want the Biggest, Baddest, Nastiest Broadhead there is

I want the Biggest, Baddest, Nastiest Broadhead there is

Alright guys, here's my situation. Took a big doe a couple nights ago with a G5 T3 and had flawless results. Big wound channel, massive blood trail, and deer went 50 yards and dropped in sight. The only issue I noticed is that I'm shooting 80 pounds and my arrow whipped right through the doe, and traveled another 40 yards(no exaggeration, I was shooting down hill) then embedded into a tree. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of that kinetic energy and momentum and would just like a big wicked head to make even bigger holes. I have 23 more crop damage permits to fill I want to find the best. I've done my research, the rage looked appetizing for a while, 2.3 inches is nice but I would prefer at least a 3 blade. I was wondering if maybe you could put the bigger blades on the vortex, even if they stuck farther up front. Or just a 3 blade that I could get a 3 inch cutting diameter out of. 4 Blade even if theres one made like that. Suggestions?

Buy some German kinetic silver flame xl's. you can reshapen them and they cut a nasty hole. The only problem is that your penetration is going to be better so you will still zip straight through. Maybe try ordering some rocket buck busters. That should slow penetration a bit lol.

Probably should post this in the bowhunters forum where it belongs. You would get faster answers over there.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Another option would be crossbow broadheads like the NAP FOC.

Trophy ridge rocket buck blaster is what you want

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349866638.151366.jpg

I have never seen a bigger entrance hole on AT
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Oh shoot I forgot I should've posted it over there, thanks, and just for clarification I wont be using all the tags myself, all the meat will be used!

Stick with the t3's, why change

A Franken head definately has the biggest holes .. Search Franken head .. One pin .. Timmyz and sethro were building them... They are nasty heads man... The rage digger Timmy sent on a doe was rediculous
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

You will most likely still be shooting thru whatever is in your path but I would think that moving to a larger cut will decrease some pentration.

How about some buck blasters...They are nasty.

Try German Kinetics Silver Flame XL 180 gr.
    Bring a spade, they will zip through anything.

Hoyt__C A R B O N__M A T R I X__G 3
    Hoyt__P R O__C O M P__E L I T E__X L

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymonster View Post
    Try German Kinetics Silver Flame XL 180 gr.
    Bring a spade, they will zip through anything.
    Ain't that the truth.

You better give digrite a 3 day notice before hunting with these heads.

hmm I definitely have some ideas now, the frankenhead idea looks quite intriguing. Would sharpening rage turkey blades make that work, because I saw a couple of those heads using them. I am familiar with the buckblaster and that is one wicked hole that thing made, I might see if I can snag a box, take out the replaceable blades and see how it flies.

Grave Digger, Grim Reaper Whitetail Special, One of the big Forward opening Rockets, some others...
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 83#
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite 60#
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite 60#
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 80#
    2007 Bowtech Tribute

Grim Reaper 2" Whitetail Specials are really nasty and with all those permits you can just buy replacement blades vs new heads and save some cash. Those German Kinetics are probably the baddest head out there but why overkill in my book for whitetails, plus costly and tougher to get.
    BowTech Pro Staff 2006-2012, Team QAD, Bowjax, NY State Bow/Hunter Education Instructor and Licensed Guide. NYSCC region 6 Archery Representative. Semper Fi

Grizz tricks make some nasty holes !

...and you couldnt figure that out at 80 lbs, what? is 80 your IQ too? Gun Guys cant seem to kill a SouthEastern Doe with less than a 300 Win Mag either.

Perhaps you don't need to be shooting 80# draw weights?
    Treestands Don't Nag, Treestands Don't Complain, Treestands Simply Ask You To Sit and Listen

[QUOTE=Skeeter 58;1065445167]Probably should post this in the bowhunters forum where it belongs. You would get faster answers over there.

Skeet.[/

Bowtech EXPERIENCE - Spot Hogg - QAD HDX - Stokerized - G5 T3's

jealous???
    Quote Originally Posted by True Arrow View Post
    ...and you couldnt figure that out at 80 lbs, what? is 80 your IQ too? Gun Guys cant seem to kill a SouthEastern Doe with less than a 300 Win Mag either.
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Quote Originally Posted by True Arrow View Post
    Ironically I do enjoy my .300 win mag for the big michigan whitetails I chase around my land, some would say my .270 winchester is a little over powered too. And that big mean 12 gauge I've been using in skeet competition for so many years, those little clay targets turn straight to dust without even having a chance! I really don't understand the controversy surrounding the draw weight one uses. I was aware of the extra penetration I could expect before I started buying 80lb bows. When I was 15 I scored pass throughs on wild boar with my bow barely pulling 55lbs. I don't do it to show off I do it because I've come to realize that I'm built bigger than 99 percent of people out there, and if we all share the same goal of registering an ethical and clean kill, then logic would dictate that a larger wound channel should lead to faster blood loss, which in turn should lead to the quickest kill possible. Why not strive for that? I'm sure my brother's 50 pound bow with the same broadhead and shot placement would have put that doe down just as quickly. He's 5'8 135, I'm 6'4 340, 25 inches from shoulder tip to shoulder tip, and spent some time playing a little college football and wrestling. 80 for me may be like your 50, its not brag-worthy it's just fact, and if I have the ability why not take advantage of it, is that too crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideBama816 View Post
    Ironically I do enjoy my .300 win mag for the big michigan whitetails I chase around my land, some would say my .270 winchester is a little over powered too. And that big mean 12 gauge I've been using in skeet competition for so many years, those little clay targets turn straight to dust without even having a chance! I really don't understand the controversy surrounding the draw weight one uses. I was aware of the extra penetration I could expect before I started buying 80lb bows. When I was 15 I scored pass throughs on wild boar with my bow barely pulling 55lbs. I don't do it to show off I do it because I've come to realize that I'm built bigger than 99 percent of people out there, and if we all share the same goal of registering an ethical and clean kill, then logic would dictate that a larger wound channel should lead to faster blood loss, which in turn should lead to the quickest kill possible. Why not strive for that? I'm sure my brother's 50 pound bow with the same broadhead and shot placement would have put that doe down just as quickly. He's 5'8 135, I'm 6'4 340, 25 inches from shoulder tip to shoulder tip, and spent some time playing a little college football and wrestling. 80 for me may be like your 50, its not brag-worthy it's just fact, and if I have the ability why not take advantage of it, is that too crazy?
    Exactly

For some people 80 lbs draw is a physical impossibility and for others it's nothing

People are all built differently its great to have choices
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Ramcats!!!
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 Xtra 65/28
    Axcel Armortech HD Vision Pro
    Hoyt QAD HDX
    6.5 Fuse Carbon Blade
    Easton daTorch 330 w/Muzzy Trocar heads

Check out the Grave digger. They are interesting.

There is always the gobbler guilotine lol
    60#/29" Bowtech Insanity
    395 gold tip @ 300fps
    TT smack down and Black Gold ascent
    www.dirtnapgear.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast