Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallest deer kill ever

shot this one last season still had spots

Team #17 death from above
    bowtech destroyer, tru glow sights, limb driver rest, tru ball short and sweet release

damn, those are some small deer. i shot one last night and i thought that was small 100#.
    cant get the picture to upload though.
    2013 Hoyt G3 Element, Alpha V5 Micro, QAD HDX
    Victory arrows, Carbon Express, Easton FMJ, Tight spot

Re: Smallest deer kill ever

I shot a couple tiny ones when I was 12 or 13, then I got better at hunting. I'm sure your bud will soon figure out shooting 2 tiny deer equals twice the work of shooting a grown one... Congrats to him on getting it done with a bow.

This was my first deer at 13 years old. the doe weighed in at 43 lbs. i think i was more proud that it was a double lung pass through at 35 yards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoyt Vector 35 - Hoyt V.E.+
    Viscosity strings

Quote Originally Posted by palmatedbuck04 View Post
    Ifs not about "trophy hunting".a spotted fawn? Give me a fricken break thats nothing to be proud of.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Lostleader View Post
    Who are you to judge?

Doesn't matter the age or the size, its still harvesting a animal. If the hunter is proud of their accomplishment and use the animal to its full potential. I say congrats.

As for you, I recommend you clear the log from your own eye, before you point out the speck in your brothers.

DC 33

DC 33
    Did you plant those deer you harvest?

Oh and killing a spotted fawn is not morally right.

Better tasting than jackrabbits!
    Bowtech Assassin 62 lbs
    Carbon Arrows
    Muzzy MX3s

Smallest deer kill ever

It's better than I've got with my bow so far, second year bowhunting. Hope to fix that this week, but those little ones are some tasty vittles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting this for those who keep coming to this thread on their high horse...despite the title of it They may bash but it's a smoke screen for jealousy. They might get mad and puff up over that but fact is...you don't see any of them posting pics of anything they've killed. Cause they ain't killed anything.

Yeah yeah we can kill them bigger here too. Here's one my wife popped, but a deer is a deer is a deer. Horns do nothing for me. Can't eat those.

And one from me.

The question of morals and ethics? Gimme a break. If it's legal and lethal that's something to be proud of. That's better than a lot of you have been doing lately via shooting them and not finding them. At least these other guys found their deer...that's the first step in taking a picture of it. Hahah

Even the smallest deer on this thread has more meat than a dozen squirrels or rabbits and I think I could butcher a small deer quicker than I could clean a dozen squirrels!

I bird hunt a lot too once archery season fizzles out...I will tell you without a doubt I would rather clean a 40lb fawn then 20 quail, or 6 geese or 12 ducks, or whatever, I killed my fawn this year, I was back in the truck with the deer in the bed on my way home at 06:58am...its a beautiful thing, deer was cleaned in the freezer and I was back on the couch before 8am, hadn't even broken a sweat
    65# Mathews heli-m; CE blue streak select 250's, 2" RAZR feathers, NAP carbon Apache drop away, Octane 11" stab, hunting the eastern shore of MD

I think record canada goose was 34 pounds, that beats some of these fawns out.

'11 Elite Pure 70#
    Easton ST Epic 400 w/3"Fusions
    Rage 2 Blades + Buzzcuts

A little bit of meat is a heck of a lot better than a whole lot of tag soup.
    2008 PSE XForce hf ss until I find something different that turns my crank. Nothing fancy just a critter killin machine.
    No brand loyalist here.
    Bows are like trucks, They are tools and bling don't get the job done.
    I am my own outfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhewi View Post
    Why not be proud of them? All you "trophy hunters" need to realize not everyone is after a huge set of antlers. Im proud of every deer i kill just because of the hunt. Not the size
    Well said.
    2008 PSE XForce hf ss until I find something different that turns my crank. Nothing fancy just a critter killin machine.
    No brand loyalist here.
    Bows are like trucks, They are tools and bling don't get the job done.
    I am my own outfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelie View Post
    Can only get one buck tag in Canada. then if you get licence in June you apply for a doe draw. If you are lucky enough then you can shoot a buck or a doe, but only one. .

Not entirely true. Though you can only buy 1 tag over the counter, you can get up to 6 additionals if you apply for them, depending on WMU. This is in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak Tree View Post
    im an idiot? lol. at least i know the correct usage of the word harvest. Internet hardass here. keep on planting your deer then "harvesting" their fawns.

Is it a bigger acomplishmet to kill an old buck that has seen every hunter tactic in the book, to kill that old doe that always picks you out of the tree. Or is it to kill a less than 9 month old fawn, how has most likely not had any human interaction?

Idk about anybody else but i would sure as hell have 100 pounds of venison from a buck than 20 pounds from a little fawn.
    its not one or the other, I have killed the first buck I was after and 3 other antlerless deer so far this year, I have 2 more buck tags and unlimited anterless, so killing a fawn does nothing to my qouta for the year except put 20lbs of delicious meat in the freezer, stop judging people,
    65# Mathews heli-m; CE blue streak select 250's, 2" RAZR feathers, NAP carbon Apache drop away, Octane 11" stab, hunting the eastern shore of MD

Quote Originally Posted by Q2Shooter View Post
    Just because someone likes take a LEGAL deer early doesn't mean he or she is any less dedicated. My main goal is to fill my freezer and if someone has a problem with a perfectly legal kill the can kiss where the sun don't shine. My family takes priority over hunting and if that means I shoot a young-un so be it....just gives me more time to spend with them. It blows my mind people are criticizing deer harvested within the confines of the law. Now I may not post pictures of the small ones but it doesn't make me any less proud and happy that I'm going to get some amazing meals from the animal.
    The comment i made was meant as a joke......if you read my posts further up i made it pretty obvious how i feel about shooting any deer thats legal :thumbup:

Sent from my ......iphone5 raping super droid

Quote Originally Posted by Fullstrutter View Post
    Here's one, from one of the guys on my team in the deer contest this year, points on the board!! I'm guessing the weight was about equal to the 50 points she got for the team haha. That's gonna be some tender eating!

That isn't even the smallest one I've shot.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by kdp89 View Post
    Not entirely true. Though you can only buy 1 tag over the counter, you can get up to 6 additionals if you apply for them, depending on WMU. This is in Ontario.
    Only in some WMU's. Yes at an additional $45 per tag.
    Wham-O Power Master.
    Daco wood shaft arrows.
    Roper’s Indian Arrowheads.
    Hope to upgrade someday.

Small deer ! Try hunting muntjac deer, a good buck would weigh 20-30 pounds,does 12-20 pounds . Backstraps like pencils ,they make good eating just not much off it. If I was more computer savvy I would post some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Junior. View Post
    What is your reasoning behind calling us who don't mind shooting a smaller deer "slob hunters"?

What exactly isn't moral about it?
    I think he was saying that bc its much easier to kill a deer as a yearling than it is to kill it once it bc 3 or 4 yrs old that theres not much sport involved in the hunt.............but thats the difference in meat hunters and sport hunters ......some ppl just want the first meat they can get and they dont wanna make it into some long difficult challenge that it doesnt have to be.......where as others are more interested in the pursuit and the challenge i guess

Sent from my ......iphone5 raping super droid

I've killed a few small ones like that but not knowingly. Had I known they were so small, I never would have taken the shot.

Not enough meat to lose a tag over.

And I dang sure wouldn't have my pic taken with it much less put it on the net.

Skeet.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

I used to hunt the islands off the coast of Georgia a lot. the deer there are very small with a huge buck weighing only around 125 pounds live weight. Saw one weighed in there once that weighed 12 pounds guts in

I hate the thought of fawns getting shot , buy my brother shot one 43 lbs gutted out !! I made him butcher that one on his own

Why waste your money on a tag and kill a small deer like that? I'll save my arrows and broadheads on a deer that's worthy to be killed.
    HOYT FAKTOR 34
    SPOT HOGG Tommy Hogg
    SS1 Stokerized Stabilzer
    QAD HDX rest

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast