a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Bowtech Assissan or Mission Ballistic

Bowtech Assissan or Mission Ballistic

Looking at both these bows. Any ideas.

The Assassin will have a better back wall for sure with the limb draw stops. The Mission has the AVS cams which are very smooth imo. Both would be great bows.

Get out and shoot them both if you can. See which one feels better to you.

just got back from my local shop, went there with the sole purpose of shooting the Ballistic. LOVED IT! It's basically a little "monster" except much more forgiving. It's draw felt like a dual cam, but not nearly as harsh as the Monster 7.0 I used to have. The grip looks big and bulky from photos on Missions website, but actually feels really good in hand. I have shot an assassin many times, I think I prefer the Ballistic, although the Assassin is no slouch either. My shop is selling the Ballistic for $489. This bow is definitely on my hit list for next season (can't wait for my tax return!), as I have recently fell in love with ground blind hunting vs tree stand hunting the 30" a2a is great! It didn't shoot like a short a2a bow, i'm 6ft3'' and 230lb and this short bow was very stable.
    2012 60/30 Elite Answer-Snow
    HHA Optimizer
    VT Limbdriver ProV
    8" Beestinger Stab
    Scott Release

I shot that Ballistic today , at 499 you can't go wrong , those Assassin bows are nothing but trouble and the accessories are junk that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelberry586 View Post
    I shot that Ballistic today , at 499 you can't go wrong , those Assassin bows are nothing but trouble and the accessories are junk that come with it.
    Yeah, okay! You ever owned an Assassin personally or are you just parroting what you've heard through the rumor mill. The Assassin is an excellent bow. Shoots well. Fast. Accurate. Quiet. No problems and my pro shop hasn't had any come back with issues. The accessories are good enough to get started without having to buy a $1K bare bow and then spend another $300 on accessories and the Assassin is better than a lot of those bare bows!

The OP should try both out and see which one (if either) feels best. He may discover he doesn't like either. Find the bow that fits you and go with it. Don't depend soleyl on biased opinions and hearsay on a forum. Almost every bow company puts out excellent products and every bow company occasionally has a hiccup.
    2012 Bowtech Assassin 65lb -- 29" draw -- 27.25" 425 grain Easton Bowfire with 125 grain Slick Trick Magnum

2013 Bowtech Carbon Knight 60lb -- 29" draw -- 27.25" 385 grain Easton Axis with 100 grain Slick Trick Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Usdi Yona View Post
    Yeah, okay! You ever owned an Assassin personally or are you just parroting what you've heard through the rumor mill. The Assassin is an excellent bow. Shoots well. Fast. Accurate. Quiet. No problems and my pro shop hasn't had any come back with issues. The accessories are good enough to get started without having to buy a $1K bare bow and then spend another $300 on accessories and the Assassin is better than a lot of those bare bows!

The OP should try both out and see which one (if either) feels best. He may discover he doesn't like either. Find the bow that fits you and go with it. Don't depend soleyl on biased opinions and hearsay on a forum. Almost every bow company puts out excellent products and every bow company occasionally has a hiccup.
    Assassin is 650 MSRP and to ditch the junk accessories and spend another 300 for new accessories ...... What sense does that make ? Buy a high end bow for 850 or so and be done. OP Ballistic for 499 is a steal , that Assassin is way overpriced IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelberry586 View Post
    Assassin is 650 MSRP and to ditch the junk accessories and spend another 300 for new accessories ...... What sense does that make ? Buy a high end bow for 850 or so and be done. OP Ballistic for 499 is a steal , that Assassin is way overpriced IMO.
    The Assassin is actually more bow than it's price point would lead you to believe. Even if you spent $300 to replace all the accessories you're still into less than an overpriced bare bow with equal performance. There's a reason most shops can't keep them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone
    2012 Bowtech Assassin 65lb -- 29" draw -- 27.25" 425 grain Easton Bowfire with 125 grain Slick Trick Magnum

2013 Bowtech Carbon Knight 60lb -- 29" draw -- 27.25" 385 grain Easton Axis with 100 grain Slick Trick Magnum

The Assassin is a great bow. I know nothing about the Ballistic, but with some people bashing the Assassin I felt I needed to say something. I taught myself to shoot a bow using the Assassin. Incredibly easy to adjust the poundage, and the draw length. I have had mine since last spring and have really had no problems. The only thing that bothered me was the cable slide. I picked up a limbsaver teflon slide and fixed that.

That being said, I did swap out all the accessories. But again, you can buy all top of the line accessories and still be under the price of a Matthews, or Hoyt bare bow.

I was at the local dealer and they were shooting a Mission Ballistic this weekend...pretty nice bow it seemed like. It was quick and very quiet. There was about half dozen shop people and a few others shooting it...everybody said it felt very good for the price.
    I tried to add a signature but my pen ruined the screen

I was up in the air about an Assassin or Ballistic but I purchased the Ballistic on 10/28/12 for $429. and spent another $700 outfitting it. Today went out to shoot the bow and shot three arrows threw it and the string came off the cam and cut the string. Took it back to Shop where I purchased it and they will not warranty it stating it was how I shot it.. Called Matthews and they said the string was not apart of their warranty so there goes another $100.00 plus for new strings. I say all in all the ballistic is an awesome bow, Fast, Quiet and extremely forgiving. I can't fault the bow is was the ones who built it at the shop and did not tighten anything down.