a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hoyts new pro comp elite

hoyts new pro comp elite

So what you guys think of the pro comp elite. Sounds like it will be the new bow on the trail this year with spirals and different spots for stabilizers and a larger shoot thur cut out. I want one already.... Too bad im broke lol

hoyts new pro comp elite

Sounds nice. I wonder what it is going to cost?

Anybody know the specs on the xl?

i know its 40 ata i think but not sure on anything else

I hope Hoyt rules the trail in 2013. I will take all the points I can get while shooting my new Prime.

I want one as well. like the new design.
    Live life to the fullest, Take nothing for granted. (BIG DOGZ).
    Absolute Archers LLC, Dakota's Outdoors For a Cause,
    Team BigDogz , Supports Epilepsy Awareness.

Yep, already told my Hoyt guy I want one for 3D.
    Lien2

I called my dealer today and got mine on order pro comp elite orange 28'' 60lb spiralx cams
    2014 Mathews CHILLX (BLACK) & 2014 (CHILLX BLACK/CAMO), Axcel, BStinger,AAE Pro blade, Truball honey badger ,Goldtip ultralite pro
    Hoffman Archery Staff Shooter
    Mathews Staff Shooter
    Goldtip Staff Shooter

I want one too...
    EXWOLVERINE STAFF SHOOTER... FOR THE BEST IN STRINGS VISIT...
    parknsonsarchery.com
    NO LIMIT ARCHERY STAFF... PROUDLY SHOOTING THE RINGER RELEASE AND GRAVE DIGGER BROADHEADS

It's a nice looking bow. It should be a good shooter and seller for Hoyt.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

hoyts new pro comp elite

Got mine ordered , pearl white pro comp elite XL and got the string man making some pink and black threads, with spirals of course, also the specs on the XL are 40" ATA and 8" brace with gtx and 7 5/8 brace with spirals
    Bowtech , skips archery , McKinney custom strings , shrewd archery, Gold tip,Scott release,and CBE sights

Ordered my Pro Comp Elite XL Yesterday. Cobalt Blue with spirals
    Purple PODIUM X
    Camo Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT
    Carbon Spyder 34
    Carbon Spyder Turbo
    Camo Carbon Spyder Turbo

Nice^^^^^, I ordered mine as well, blue fusion with spirals. cant wait.
    Live life to the fullest, Take nothing for granted. (BIG DOGZ).
    Absolute Archers LLC, Dakota's Outdoors For a Cause,
    Team BigDogz , Supports Epilepsy Awareness.

pretty slow for a 3d rig, the 37 ata is at 315fps with spirals
    seems more like a asa, indoor bow
    Todd Maziarz
    Fishers, IN
    Pinehill Archery Club

Its 315 at 40 so it would be a great 3d bow i think. People shoot apex 8s at 310 in
    Ibo so i think the pro comp will do just fine and if you at a string stop then it will game a little speed making it close or more to the speed of the alphaelite

hoyts new pro comp elite

Quote Originally Posted by Tmaziarz View Post
    pretty slow for a 3d rig, the 37 ata is at 315fps with spirals
    seems more like a asa, indoor bow
    Only guys that worry about speed only or think you have to have a 350 fps bow would think that way.

Not many guys winning actual shoots are shooting barn burners.

That bows IBO will actually be closer to 320 then 315. I'd be willing to bet that at my draw of 27.75" I will have no problem hitting 300 fps since I could do it with my old PEs and get there with my Katera XL which is only rated 2-3 fps faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not really, i love Hoyt bows. i just have short arms and only a 28" draw.

Speed is not everything but if it says 315fps with spirals it is below 300fps for me.

I had a mathew triumph and loved how the bow held and shot but when i was off on my yards it was bad.

I need a bow to cover up my poor yardage judgments.

love hoyts , but 315 fps rated means at 30 inch draw, and I dont have monkey arms
    Todd Maziarz
    Fishers, IN
    Pinehill Archery Club

I have a 340 fps rated bow, that does not mean i shoot 340 fps.
    i think my Bowtech CPXL at 28 inch was at 310 or 312fps shooting 22 series arrows
    Todd Maziarz
    Fishers, IN
    Pinehill Archery Club

Ttt
    Todd Maziarz
    Fishers, IN
    Pinehill Archery Club

Im with todd it just doent have the speed need for us short draw guys. Im wanting a cpxl my self kinda waiting to see what bowtech comes out with for 2013 but I see a cpxl in my future.

Well yea it doesnt have the speed for short draws under 28.5. Most guys with that and under shoot turbos cuz they fit well around that dl and shoot fast. All the hoyt tournament bows except the alpha is designed more for spots because thats were they excel but guys with 29 and up can shoot them for 3d and have forgivingness and speed. I agree the bows arent the fastest but like some one said if you look at the pros that arent shooting super fast most are close to asa speed regulation even though your allowed faster. Leci only shoots i think 277 for ibo with his pro hunters and apex 8

hoyts new pro comp elite

Quote Originally Posted by Tmaziarz View Post
    not really, i love Hoyt bows. i just have short arms and only a 28" draw.

Speed is not everything but if it says 315fps with spirals it is below 300fps for me.

I had a mathew triumph and loved how the bow held and shot but when i was off on my yards it was bad.

I need a bow to cover up my poor yardage judgments.

love hoyts , but 315 fps rated means at 30 inch draw, and I dont have monkey arms
    Well that's great that you have a 28" dl. You have more then I do. And I have no issues getting 300 fps from a bow with these specs from Hoyt. Never have.

Like I said I would put money on it that anyone that knows how to setup a Hoyt with spirals can get that bow to IBO at 320 which means at 28" there is NO WAY if you know what your doing you should have an issue getting 300 fps from it since you should really only be loosing about 7-8 fps per inch of dl down from 30". 10 fps at the very most. Which still puts you at 300 fps.

My field Hoyt which is rated 2-3 fps faster I get 290 fps on 57 lbs with a 320 grain arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When hoyt comes out with a bow of 35/36 AtA with a 7 inch brace and 340fps then they might get my money.So its PSE and bowtech until then.

If you look at all the tournament bow you will see non of them are very fast but they are so forgiving that all you have to do is work on yardage. So heres your option. 1 get a bow with a shorter brace that you have to spend more time shooting so you know you can make a good shot but spend like no time judging yardage. 2 get a bow that you dont have to shoot much and hits the dot everytime but you need to know your yardage, which you can spend more time on because you dont need to shoot as much

Hoyts bows are faster than advertised... 27.5, 62#, 337 grain arrow, Vantage Elite Plus = 291 fps....
    Elite 2014 / Energy 35 / X 2
    ELITE Archery | Culpepper Outdoors | Pro-Line Bowstrings - Shooting Staff | Black Eagle Arrows - Pro Staff | SHREWD Archery - Pro Staff | Georgia-Carolina Wildlife Management Group - Pro Staff
    "I don't understand everything I know!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast