a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Crossbow Broadheads

Crossbow Broadheads

Hello all,
    Is there a difference between regular broadheads and "Crossbow" broadheads?

11' Z7 Xtreme 3D Bow??? TBD!!
    "The real Cherokee Indian outlaw"

Not really. The big diff is some of the grain weight depending on the bolt inserts. I mainly sell and use Gold Tip Lazers 2's with the 110grain brass inserts. Then use whatever 100gr head you choose. If you run with just a standard aluminum insert you will want to run something like a 150gr "Crossbow" Broadhead. I would recommend something from SlickTrick. Keep in mind Broadheads and field points may not have the same POI so whatever you get shoot them prior to hunting.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

WWW.facebook.com/CUSTOM.ARCHERY.BY.RICH
    NEW BREED ARCHERY DEALER

Crossbow Broadheads

I know on the Rage 2 blade heads that the blades are different on the crossbow heads. They're a little thicker and are definitely not the same blades that are used on regular rages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Diamond Black Ice FLX

Stryker Strykezone 380

Just wondering, why not 100 gr. with the aluminum inserts? (kinda know the answer but what the hey) I'm shooting 100 gr. RazorTricks and they fly fine. I know a heavier front end yields a better foc so accuracy/consistency may be better but...

ttt
    11' Z7 Xtreme 3D Bow??? TBD!!
    "The real Cherokee Indian outlaw"

the Ferules on Crossbow branded heads, are typically thicker, to make less of hard edge between the slimmer broadhead and thicker shaft. most heads today, are designed for small carbon arrows... not thiker aluminum shafts. look at the standard muzzy 100 grain green 3 blade... its a thicker head... thick of it as... that would be what most companies call a "brodhead" design.

Quote Originally Posted by IroquoisArcher View Post
    Just wondering, why not 100 gr. with the aluminum inserts? (kinda know the answer but what the hey) I'm shooting 100 gr. RazorTricks and they fly fine. I know a heavier front end yields a better foc so accuracy/consistency may be better but...
    it could be to light for the crossbow to shoot. Thats why I dont use aluminum inserts since its lighter and harder in the bow.
    Hoyt Element RKT
    Horton Havoc
    Excalibur Equinox and Vixen 2