Thread: $10 in Cabela's Bucks

$10 in Cabela's Bucks

I got an email from Cabela's today for $10 in Cabela's Bucks for their website being down yesterday. It's only good for Monday, October 22nd, though. You might want to check your email to see if you have mail.

I got one too, seems like kind of a BS marketing ploy to me....you can't use the "clubvisa" code for free shipping with it. If they were truly "sorry for the inconvenience" of their website being down, why would they put qualifiers on it like "can't be used with any other offers"? Pretty much the same thing as free shipping IMHO. Actually, not as good as free shipping, if you order very much (as far as dollar value) merchandise.
    Elite Pure/CE Maxima 350s/Tekan G3s/Leica Optics/MBG Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    I got one too, seems like kind of a BS marketing ploy to me....you can't use the "clubvisa" code for free shipping with it. If they were truly "sorry for the inconvenience" of their website being down, why would they put qualifiers on it like "can't be used with any other offers"? Pretty much the same thing as free shipping IMHO. Actually, not as good as free shipping, if you order very much (as far as dollar value) merchandise.
    Pretty much what I thought too when I read that it couldn't be used with free shipping. But I just checked with them and they said if you contact customer service that they can add the $10 discount to club visa orders but it can not be done otherwise because you can only use one promo code at a time at checkout. So maybe it will work if you contact them.

Tim
    ------------------------------
    2010 Martin Cheetah 60lb

I got one too. When I read it can't be used with any other discounts, it went to the trash folder.
    Brian
    Mathews Z7 28/65#

If anyone doesn't want theirs I could use it. lol Let me know. Thanks
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

If anyone doesnt want theirs, please pm me. Thanks

Mine didn't actually have a code, it was just a link to this page: http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...bateAssistance

They want you to call in the order to get the $10 off.

Quote Originally Posted by tyty View Post
    Mine didn't actually have a code, it was just a link to this page: http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cust...bateAssistance

They want you to call in the order to get the $10 off.
    Same here, into the trash it went. I order online for convenience, requiring me to call in is not convenient. I am partially deaf and can't hear well on the phone.
    - Mike - 2013 Bowtech Assassin 62#@28.5" - 2013 Bowtech Experience 68#@28.5"
    "I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparation, the excitement,and sustained suspense of trying to match my woods lore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. " - Fred Bear

I was able to get my code last night by giving them my e-mail address. Don't know why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    Thought the same thing. Pretty Lame..

Quote Originally Posted by house View Post
    Thought the same thing. Pretty Lame..
    Thanks to the OP you just saved me 10 dollars! I bought a bottle of Tinks for $9.99, they gave me free shipping, so It will be at my house by next week free of charge. I just told my wife, all the time I spend on Archerytalk does pay off!!!!

$10 is better than $0. They didn't have to do it, but they did. Some people would complain if they gave you $50 off.

I found an item that was on sale for $5.99. Add tax and shipping minus the $10 and it cost me just over $2 shipped. I can't find anything to complain about!

I needed an excuse to buy a good pair of duck waders yesterday. This was enough... lol
    Mathews MR5 29"@70lbs 620gr@262fps 22.75% FOC
    Victory VAP250 Externally Footed 90gr SS Insert w/ 190gr Steelforce Single Bevel Phathead
    "No one has ever lost an animal because their arrow penetrated too much." Dr. Ed Ashby
    "When it comes to hits try for the best but prepare for the worst." Dr. Ed Ashby

Ya I ordered a turtleneck, the ladt said she didnt have a rebate code, but they were sending $10 gift certificates in the mail to those who ordered

I saw that and thought it was just the excuse I needed to order the HSS Extreme Safety Harness in Ap Camo w/ binoc/range finder strap. Got to check out and noticed I had to call to submit order. There was no code to enter. Seeing the price total was $140 to my door, I checked Lancaster.
    Harness was on sale for $107 and will be arriving at my door via USPS for $118. Order button was clicked, look forward to giving it a try next week.
    Sixguns (Rob)

I made an order yesterday because of the e-mail!! They did give me the $10.00 off and FREE SHIPPING because I am a Club Visa Member!!
    Mathews HeliM
    HHA OL-5519
    Whisker Biscuit powershot
    ICS Carbon Hunter 300's