a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBO Indoor World Championship

IBO Indoor World Championship

I have shot in IBO National Triple Crown events before but never the indoor shoot in Cleveland before, is the format about the same, shoot all 40 in one day or spread it out over the 3 days?

I was looking at the scores from last year & they all seemed normal til I got to HC, the scores & X counts seemed HIGH compared to other IBO events? Did not now if they just set targets super close or what?

You have to shoot it all in one day and HC targets are the at 30 yard max
    Extreme Archery, Gold Tip
    Specialty Archery, Bohning,
    Vendetta Archery, Dakota Archery

same course for youth, female hc, traditional etc so HC course is rather short. Only 2 courses, AHC and up shoot out to ~45 max. Sportsman show doesn't impress me but some good stuff. It seems rather packed and quick but i've always had plenty of room and you have more than enough time. You'll have to pay for both parking and show entry on top of the shoot entry. I've always enjoyed it. usually spend the night but could drive 5 hrs(for me) shoot and drive home. Shoot early or late and it will be less crowded and maybe a a little quicker

Well thanks, that explains a lot. Sounds as if the max for HC would end up being 30 yrds instead of the yellow stake 35 yrds like it is outdoors. If they make the AHC shoot out to 45 yrds that don't sound fair.

Is it fair? Its the same for everyone in that class. They have limited resources(targets and space) being indoors so they only set up 2 courses, 1 short, 1 long. You'll have to remember one course has yellow numbers and the other white. People have been bitten by shooting the wrong color though its usually obvious. This is one of the reasons the HC scores are so high. A lot of short targets so make sure your good under 20. The beer's cold(after you shoot of course).

It's a good warm up course and the first 3d event for my daughter, wife and I. You will be in a group of 4 that shoot at the same 2 targets. The red light will turn on for everyone to stop shooting and to go pull and score arrows. You will have to shoot all 40 in one day, once you start shooting you cannot stop. The targets will not be set up in order 1 through 40, instead it might be the 1st target will be were the 20th target should be if counting in order. They do this so you cannot judge yardage from the last target you just shot. Some people don't like shooting it cause they feel that they have set up in a very fast pase, or the lighting is not just right. I feel that the lighting is better than outdoors for it is consistant and the pase is not too fast at all it's just right.
    Geauga Bow Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter, Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Testament,QAD Rest,Doinker 12"Dish,Viper Sight,Target setup,Midas2 rest,27" front and 12"side Bstinger

the pace for me was fast, shot all 40 in like 2 hours or something. most of the hunter targets are right in your face. not sure if im gonna shoot it this year, didnt like the speed, but felt i let it get the best of me to, so kinda on the fence.

I shot it for the first time last year...be ready right away, cause we only got like 3 shots on the practice bags before starting...and yea, the short course seemed like it was all 15-25 yds. last year. Going again this year. Good luck.
    Core Archery Custom Bow Strings & Tuning www.core-archery.com

Buckeye Pro Shops http://www.buckeyeproshops.com

Black Eagle Arrows http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/

I have traveled up for last three years and its fun for me and is one of the only big shoots my wife likes to shoot. I prefer shooting friday after lunch,moves pretty good pace and the line is not super crowded. The sportmans show is usually boring to me and wife but still walk around it. Paying for parking and show is my only down fall of shoot, after we pay the ibo to shoot,think at least shooters should not have to pay for show to get in and should get a discount on parking(just my thoughts) . But in all its a fun time!
    Gold Tip arrows - Dead Center Archery - Bailey Bow Strings
    " Thanks To All Who Help"

do you need to shoot a qualifier shoot to get into the indoor worlds? or do i need to just register for it?

All you need to do is preregister.

the average shot in clevland for hc is 13-18 yards. when i shot it last year it had 3 targets past. one a turkey at 25 another was a huge bear at 27 and a javalena at 26 i think. the rest wear the avergar or closer so definitly know you short yardage marks all the way from 1-10

What class would I shoot in IBO that was comparible to open class in ASA, wanna go to the indoor shoot in Cleveland just wondering what class and yardage I need to register for
    Bowtech , skips archery , McKinney custom strings , shrewd archery, Gold tip,Scott release,and CBE sights

Well what from what i hear about asa, if you shoot open a you should shoot mbo in ibo. if thats what you shoot. as long as you shoot a open set up and can judge yardage out to 45 you should shoot mbo

Mbo shoots out to fifty outside no limits other than the 5 grains per pound, but for the indoor think they only have room for 45 yards
    It is a fast pace shoot you have to be somewhat quick but don't get in a hurry a guy I shot with got flustered and dry fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 ben pearson pro staff
    2011 ben pearson advantage, 2009 TX4
    tru ball staff shooter,Shrewd Archery staff shooter
    specialty archery staff shooter, harvest time archery advisory staff
    vapor trail pro staff, bohning staff shooter

kwl did you say OUT TO FIFTY OUTSIDE ? lol

Yes mbo is fifty yards when outdoors

So can anyone tell me more about this red light stop shooting thing? Is it on a timer or what? So you stand at the stake or shooting area and shoot 2 different targets in a row in a group of 4? How much time does each archer have?

I would like to know to how this time works . So i can try to prepair myself for this lol
    always swore i would shoot a mathews eating crow love my hoyt lol

Quote Originally Posted by DCS07flstc View Post
    So can anyone tell me more about this red light stop shooting thing? Is it on a timer or what? So you stand at the stake or shooting area and shoot 2 different targets in a row in a group of 4? How much time does each archer have?
    Not sure on the red light thing don't remember that there is a time limit not sure if they give the 2 min. Per target or not and yes two targets per set in group of four but you are on the line with 75 is other people maybe more or less. It is fast paced but don't rush when you shoot your two arrows step off the line

They will explain everything when you get there and if you have a later shoot time you can watch before you shoot.

The first time I shot it I spent the first ten shots in a rush. Then realized that you had plenty of time.

Time is not an issue at all and the red light is hardly even noticed.

Dewayne
    SKY TR7 Gold XCCB TR7 Limbs 42# White
    SKY TR7 Silver XCCB TR7 Limbs 38# Black
    Carbon Express CXL 250
    carbon Express X Buster

thanks that makes me feel better i figured the time was a little over xsagerted
    always swore i would shoot a mathews eating crow love my hoyt lol

Quote Originally Posted by $dabucks View Post
    The first time I shot it I spent the first ten shots in a rush. Then realized that you had plenty of time.
    X2...you seem rushed because they process you so quickly thru the pre-shoot rules talk and a very very short amount of time on the bags, but once you start shooting you have plenty of time. I did the same thing as dabucks...I just felt rushed for the first 10 targets and then realized I had plenty of time for everything. Good luck.
    Core Archery Custom Bow Strings & Tuning www.core-archery.com

Buckeye Pro Shops http://www.buckeyeproshops.com

Black Eagle Arrows http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast