liberty one bow

Thread: liberty one bow

liberty one bow

First, I have recently this year switched to shooting traditional - got an Omega from Kegan and do not plan on going back to a compound. However, I had been wanting a liberty bow for several years becuase I thought they were innovative and neat. I got one used recently off this forum from a true gentleman. I shot this bow for the first time this afternoon. All I can say - it is pure awesomeness - user friendly and wickedly fast, smooth etc... I was at first skeptical about it - but not any more. I have been in to archery and bow hunting since the mid eighties. I have shot Bear, PSE, Matthews and Hoyt compound bows in these years - and yes they are all great bows - but I am sold on this liberty for sure. It is light weight, compact for ease on movement and carrying. If you hunt from a blind, or do allot of stalking and still hunting - this is the bow for you. Even in a treestand - it is so compact and would be easy to manuever around a tree and such. Never the less, this is just my oppinion, but darn, I am impressed with this bow. If you in the market for a new compound - dont be afraid to think outside the box and look at the Liberty.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Ironically, I just got an Omega from Kegan too! Thing is, I have always wanted to try the Liberty 1 for a compact hunting bow for short distances (20-30 yd). Anymore opinions on this weapon? Don't want to drop $1k and regret it.

I love my Liberty one. I've taken two mule deer, one whitetail, and a cow elk with this bow. Never needed a follow up shot. All animals where taken by spot and stalk. You definitely have to put a bit of effort into shooting this bow at distances beyond 50 yards.

I must admit to being intrigued by this bow since I first saw it in print. But, I've yet to see one in person. I might be a buyer if I ever got my hands on one to try.

Thinking back, I did see one in person in Yakima, WA years ago. At the time, I didn't even know what it was.

I still have my Liberty and shoot it often. I am still only using my Omega for Hunting here in my home of Virginia and have harvested 3 deer with it so far. However, when I go to NC to hunt with my brother I use the liberty. Unfortunately, my trad bow skills are still developing and I am not as successful with the Omega as I am with a compound. So paying a non resident license for NC I use the Liberty to up my odds of harvesting and getting my monies worth of the license fee. Never the less, the Liberty is a awesome little compound. I still love the Omega Kegan made for me though.

Also - I would love to get my hands on an Onieda if I could ever find one at price I could afford and not stress my wife out about getting another bow. I am just attracted to different and innovative bows.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbeyer View Post
    Also - I would love to get my hands on an Onieda if I could ever find one at price I could afford and not stress my wife out about getting another bow. I am just attracted to different and innovative bows.
    Me too. You are not alone. For me it's not about just killing a buck, it's about how I kill a buck. I prefer to do it with something unique.

exactly Darkvador - anyone can kill a deer these days - even a nice buck. It is the method that sets a "hunter" apart from just a deer killer. I wish our state allowed us to use atlal and spear - I would try it just for the challenge of the hunt. I believe the more traditionally a person hunts - the better the hunter and outdoorsman they are. IMO of course - I am sure there are those who would disagree.