a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 563

Thread: cross bow hunters and every one else

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by 9 point View Post
    Like in the above post. Wish it was traditional season for real archers then a shorter compound bow season for the ones that need a fake bow with all the gadgets. LOL now that sounds about right. WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE USE> !!!
    I'd actually be ok with that. It would give me an incentive to pick up a recurve.



    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"


  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    5,092
    Quote Originally Posted by 25ftup View Post
    Arguing about this just gives the antis more fuel for the fire. Just support other hunters
    Sorry, but that one doesn't fly. Antis will never change their minds, so stop worrying about what they think. If you are so worried about others, you must be ashamed of the fact that you KILL when hunting.

    I will support what I think is right. Nothing more.

    As for crossbows, they are here to stay. They are popular because they are easier and our society is getting lazier by the day. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's the truth. Eventually, seasons and bag limits will be adjusted accordingly. It is what it is.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." ~~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    Well for starters it's not bowhunting. But I guess they had to stick them somewhere. So glad we got them....LOL
    Who crowned you the king of bow hunting and gave you the authority to determine what is and isn't bow hunting?

    They are just as much bow hunting as using that compound with space age materials, fiber optic sights, release aids, let off, peep sights, range finders, and all the other gadgets and gimmicks designed to increase your chances of success.

    Do you find it kind of hypocritical to bash crossbows while using everything under the sun to make your hunt easier?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  4. #154
    If I decide to Hunt with the Cross Bow I am going to! I don't Need the approval from anyone Here ! What is wrong with you Guy's thinking you have the right to tell people what they can Bowhunt with?

    I see an Awful lot Of People Here that Need to stop thinking That Just because they don't agree with something they Immediatly have to Go On the Offensive against it.

    I own a cross Bow that MY late Brother Left me when he died of cancer last winter.. I take it out when I feel Like it and I am sick and tired you Guys here saying I shouldn't have the right to! You can Go pack sand! It doesn't make me less of a hunter or a lesser Bowhunter If I decide to take the crossBow! I have Killed Hundred of deer with the conventional Bow.. SO DON'T JUDGE ME! Judge your narrow Minded self rightous and Mostly wrong opinions If you have Nothing Better to do ...

    Archery Talk is about archers helping Archers and Not Archers with Narrow Minded self rightous Opinions Judging others Because of their Choice of Equipment!

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Who crowned you the king of bow hunting and gave you the authority to determine what is and isn't bow hunting?

    They are just as much bow hunting as using that compound with space age materials, fiber optic sights, release aids, let off, peep sights, range finders, and all the other gadgets and gimmicks designed to increase your chances of success.

    Do you find it kind of hypocritical to bash crossbows while using everything under the sun to make your hunt easier?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Most archers here agree with him 100%. He got the right to his opionion. He comes from a long line of bowhunters who have fought hard for generations for bowhunting.

    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 point View Post
    Like in the above post. Wish it was traditional season for real archers then a shorter compound bow season for the ones that need a fake bow with all the gadgets. LOL now that sounds about right. WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE USE> !!!
    I care, and yes, i am selfish,. i dont want crossbows hunting during archery season any more than i want shotguns or rifles, allowing xbows does nothing to help support a mature deer herd, it does nothing to limit the NR tide coming to Kansas each fall, and it certainly isnt good for the Kansas bowhunters. If you are disabled, you can already hunt with a xbow, It is the full inclusion for the Ks resident that will really hurt us bowhunters.
    We will have alot of resident hunters buy a crossbow,.. who can purchase an "Any Season" tag,..Ks used to be weapon specific for resident as we are for NR's,..if Kansas would drop the anyseason tag, i would be much more inclined to share the woods with a crossbow hunter.
    I have a small guide service, if crossbows become legal, they will still not be allowed on my hunts without a disability permit.

    Of course crossbow hunters want to be called archers, they want to be included into archery seasons, they want to hunt the rut, the xbow industry wants to grow and is, they are taking over archery seasons state by state
    I cant imagine how good the hunting in ohio would be if crossbows were NOT allowed during archery season.

    Crossbow inclusion does nothing but put more hunters in the woods during the rut killing deer, with compounds and crossbows easily capable of 50y shots,...why not allow short range pistol calibers also? why not just put hunter orange on everyone and allow the use of any weapon?

    It all comes down to money for states thru sales reciepts, taxes,..etc,..very few Kansas residents asked for crossbow inclusion, it was pushed and is being pushed thru by the manufacturers and lobbyists for crossbows.

    Personally, i wish it was put to a vote, state wide,...the residents of each state, should get to decide.

    I agree, archery season in kansas is too long, i would be fine if the state would remove archery from the early ML season, remove archery from our rifle season,...it would be nice to see the state do something to help the age structure of the deer.

    Our state got greedy, tried to charge NR hunters over $70 for a doe tag! and after a couple years, they lowered the price for them,...i think its about $50 now, would have to look,...not that long ago,..it was about $17.50

    Crossbows are coming, just a matter of time,...there are however still alot of areas/zones in various states where they are not allowed,..

    There are now vertical crossbows, semi-auto crossbows, etc,..im not saying they dont and shouldnt have their place in the woods,..but i am saying,..they wont be in mine.
    >>>>>-------Team 25------------->......BLOODTRAIL BROTHERHOOD......
    1911 is faster than 911,....
    There are no real rules about posting.
    There are no real rules about moderation either — enjoy your ban.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At a Drag Strip near you
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Who crowned you the king of bow hunting and gave you the authority to determine what is and isn't bow hunting?2
    Rancid Crabtree and i agree with both of them.
    Up a tree making a noise like an apple

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander2010 View Post
    If I decide to Hunt with the Cross Bow I am going to! I don't Need the approval from anyone Here ! What is wrong with you Guy's thinking you have the right to tell people what they can Bowhunt with?

    I see an Awful lot Of People Here that Need to stop thinking That Just because they don't agree with something they Immediatly have to Go On the Offensive against it.

    I own a cross Bow that MY late Brother Left me when he died of cancer last winter.. I take it out when I feel Like it and I am sick and tired you Guys here saying I shouldn't have the right to! You can Go pack sand! It doesn't make me less of a hunter or a lesser Bowhunter If I decide to take the crossBow! I have Killed Hundred of deer with the conventional Bow.. SO DON'T JUDGE ME! Judge your narrow Minded self rightous and Mostly wrong opinions If you have Nothing Better to do ...

    Archery Talk is about archers helping Archers and Not Archers with Narrow Minded self rightous Opinions Judging others Because of their Choice of Equipment!

    There legal use them. Everyone else doesnt have to like them or agree. Glad it works for you.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Who crowned you the king of bow hunting and gave you the authority to determine what is and isn't bow hunting?

    They are just as much bow hunting as using that compound with space age materials, fiber optic sights, release aids, let off, peep sights, range finders, and all the other gadgets and gimmicks designed to increase your chances of success.

    Do you find it kind of hypocritical to bash crossbows while using everything under the sun to make your hunt easier?

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope sure don't! Now back to the show!
    Darrall Dougherty

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    new tripoli, pa
    Posts
    143
    i think some of yous "archery" guys have some wiener envy on the "crossbow" guys. lol. quit yer *****in' and don't worry about what the next guy enjoys. for all the pa guys complaining, how about the game commission splits archery and takes the last 4 weeks and makes it crossbow only? that way "they" won't be invading "our" season.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by palmatedbuck04 View Post
    Rancid Crabtree and i agree with both of them.
    palmated, how dare you have a car avatar during deer season.
    Get the horns back up there. Just keep your ugly mug out of the pic...LOL
    Darrall Dougherty

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    Nope sure don't! Now back to the show!
    Honesty seems to offend many here. Maybe we should not give an honest opionion.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfool67 View Post
    i think some of yous "archery" guys have some wiener envy on the "crossbow" guys. lol. quit yer *****in' and don't worry about what the next guy enjoys. for all the pa guys complaining, how about the game commission splits archery and takes the last 4 weeks and makes it crossbow only? that way "they" won't be invading "our" season.
    How about they just add more gun days. Be fair to all.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander2010 View Post
    If I decide to Hunt with the Cross Bow I am going to! I don't Need the approval from anyone Here ! What is wrong with you Guy's thinking you have the right to tell people what they can Bowhunt with?

    I see an Awful lot Of People Here that Need to stop thinking That Just because they don't agree with something they Immediatly have to Go On the Offensive against it.

    I own a cross Bow that MY late Brother Left me when he died of cancer last winter.. I take it out when I feel Like it and I am sick and tired you Guys here saying I shouldn't have the right to! You can Go pack sand! It doesn't make me less of a hunter or a lesser Bowhunter If I decide to take the crossBow! I have Killed Hundred of deer with the conventional Bow.. SO DON'T JUDGE ME! Judge your narrow Minded self rightous and Mostly wrong opinions If you have Nothing Better to do ...

    Archery Talk is about archers helping Archers and Not Archers with Narrow Minded self rightous Opinions Judging others Because of their Choice of Equipment!
    We don't have the right. That's why you get to hunt with it...LOL
    Darrall Dougherty

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At a Drag Strip near you
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    palmated, how dare you have a car avatar during deer season.
    Get the horns back up there. Just keep your ugly mug out of the pic...LOL
    Well i changed it to throw people off.i was gonna change back to my deer pic,but seeing i am computer illiterate i somehow deleted it and dont know how to load it back on so were stuck with my car now.
    Up a tree making a noise like an apple

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Most archers here agree with him 100%. He got the right to his opionion. He comes from a long line of bowhunters who have fought hard for generations for bowhunting.

    DB
    Whoop Dee Doo

    A modern crossbow is just as much archery tackle as a modern compound. Period.

    You don't need an ffl to sell them, nor an fid or whatever other requirement your state may have for long gun purchases. Just because you hold it a little differently does not mean it isn't.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by palmatedbuck04 View Post
    Rancid Crabtree and i agree with both of them.
    funny, it looks to me like his abusive attitude got him the boot. I wouldn't consider that a shining endorsement.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  18. #168
    DB. I respect you as you have contributed alot here to this site..

    Just Upset's me when Members think they can tell other Members what they should Hunt with..

    I used to hate crossbow's Myself Until I watched My Brother Slowly die of cancer To the Point he Couldn't Hunt with a conventional Bow.

    To Fuel the argument a compound Bow is Not a true Bow ! It is Just as Manufactured and Modified as crossbow is.. So where does the Argument end?
    The post here from the Gentleman that took a nice Buck with the Longbow at 87 years old was awesome!

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At a Drag Strip near you
    Posts
    6,600
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    funny, it looks to me like his abusive attitude got him the boot. I wouldn't consider that a shining endorsement.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Dude grow up.i dont know where he is apparently not here ,lucky for you cuz im sure he would make you look like a fool.
    Up a tree making a noise like an apple

  20. #170
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Whoop Dee Doo

    A modern crossbow is just as much archery tackle as a modern compound. Period.

    You don't need an ffl to sell them, nor an fid or whatever other requirement your state may have for long gun purchases. Just because you hold it a little differently does not mean it isn't.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Honestly even most crossbow hunters will tell you it is easier, thats why they perfer it over a vertical bow. The ones I know who hunt with them'
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  21. #171
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    Whoop Dee Doo

    A modern crossbow is just as much archery tackle as a modern compound. Period.

    You don't need an ffl to sell them, nor an fid or whatever other requirement your state may have for long gun purchases. Just because you hold it a little differently does not mean it isn't.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Not even close. Last time I checked they didn't even look the same. And you mount it like a gun. I can't do that with my compound.
    Darrall Dougherty

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander2010 View Post
    DB. I respect you as you have contributed alot here to this site..

    Just Upset's me when Members think they can tell other Members what they should Hunt with..

    I used to hate crossbow's Myself Until I watched My Brother Slowly die of cancer To the Point he Couldn't Hunt with a conventional Bow.

    To Fuel the argument a compound Bow is Not a true Bow ! It is Just as Manufactured and Modified as crossbow is.. So where does the Argument end?
    The post here from the Gentleman that took a nice Buck with the Longbow at 87 years old was awesome!
    It doesn't take much thought to realize there is little difference in all the metrics that matter in a hunting situation between a compound and a crossbow. IMO, the only people against them are just greedy and don't want more purple in the woods during "their" season.

    Sorry to hear about your brother tho.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arden Hills, MN
    Posts
    9,921

    Re: cross bow hunters and every one else

    Quote Originally Posted by palmatedbuck04 View Post
    Dude grow up.i dont know where he is apparently not here ,lucky for you cuz im sure he would make you look like a fool.
    not very likely. But then again your opinion means less than nothing to me.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

  24. #174
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander2010 View Post
    DB. I respect you as you have contributed alot here to this site..

    Just Upset's me when Members think they can tell other Members what they should Hunt with..

    I used to hate crossbow's Myself Until I watched My Brother Slowly die of cancer To the Point he Couldn't Hunt with a conventional Bow.

    To Fuel the argument a compound Bow is Not a true Bow ! It is Just as Manufactured and Modified as crossbow is.. So where does the Argument end?
    The post here from the Gentleman that took a nice Buck with the Longbow at 87 years old was awesome!
    Crossbows are legal in my state, allow them on my lease aqnd actually suggested the 74 year member use one. I actually help those who choose to hunt with one. They want them because its easier than archery. I get it. Got nothing against them until they say there eqaul to a vertical bow. Longbow and recurve guys will never hear me say Im eqaul and have no advantage over them. Just imigine what crossbows will look like in two years.
    There legal so go for it if that what is your thing. My brother has two ten points and loves it over his verticle bow.
    Complighn the whole time in colorado this fall. Crossbows not allowed.
    DB
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  25. #175
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKMN View Post
    not very likely. But then again your opinion means less than nothing to me.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sure he's thinking the same thing...LOL
    Darrall Dougherty

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •