a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hung Right Hunter's Chair, anyone ever seen/tried or used this thing?

Hung Right Hunter's Chair, anyone ever seen/tried or used this thing?

I was searching for a treestand I saw at a show but instead came across this thing! Have any of ya'll seen one of these? Tried one or use one to hunt out of? This is definitely thinking outside of the box!

John MacPherson
    704 Outdoors Pro Staff

Gear:
    2007 Bowtech Guardian 70#, Easton Flatline 400, 100gr. HellRazor, HHA Optimizer Sight, QAD LD Drop Away, Bowfinger Camera Mount, Xtreme S.A.M. Smartphone Mount, String Sling

I'd be a little nervous about that. Hate to be in that thing during a windstorm, might as well go to six flags for that kind of ride! Cool idea, I dont know if I'd trust it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

No way no how. I like how he left out how you get it where youre going plus the fact you need to climb and extra 10 feet to hang it. Then... how the hell do you get in it. Well.... you dont have to stand up all day what if I have to take a pizz?

That is crazy talk.
    Monster M6
    Switchback XT

I see the advantages, but I see too many disadvantages. It does not look safe first and foremost.

that thing is sweet, probably 1000 dollars

That's a fail in my book. I wouldn't even consider it.

Jeez,
    they come out with crazy BH's all the time and guys jump right on board........and then everyone trashes this!???

IMO, it fits a small niche...clever idea but I doubt it will catch on main stream only since its not feasible in most situations due to attachment point
    It takes no more time to see the good side of life than to see the bad.”― Jimmy Buffett
    “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has” M. Mead

That thing is hideous looking, might look alright hanging from the bedroom ceiling?
    Cool Cats Custom Colored String Silencers

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1387708

That's pretty funny. I hope he didn't quit a good job to focus on these. It would be a cool seat to have on the porch. If it was about $40. Anyone find the weight of the thing on the website.

I agree it is a niche product. What will he do once all three people have one?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoD View Post
    I'd be a little nervous about that. Hate to be in that thing during a windstorm, might as well go to six flags for that kind of ride! Cool idea, I dont know if I'd trust it.
    That would be a hell of a ride during strong winds! Haha!
    John MacPherson
    704 Outdoors Pro Staff

Gear:
    2007 Bowtech Guardian 70#, Easton Flatline 400, 100gr. HellRazor, HHA Optimizer Sight, QAD LD Drop Away, Bowfinger Camera Mount, Xtreme S.A.M. Smartphone Mount, String Sling

Seems like it would make you stick out more to the animals. With a normal tree stand you are at least up against the tree and might look like part of the trunk or something. With this you look like a big thing hanging from a branch. I also want to know how you get in and out of it while still being tied up w/ your harness? Interesting, but not for me.

I wonder if the also sell an ottoman to go with it....and maybe a tv that could swing out in front of the "hunter".
    2013 Elite Answer Snow Camo /QAD HD / HHA DS-5519/ Stan Quattro
    70# DW / 30" DL
    GoldTip 7595 XT Hunters / Ramcats 125gr

Interesting, if nothing else. I would imagine you could use a small paracord throw line and a double rope technique to climb with. Regardless, not for me. He didnt mention how not only you need a branch to hang it from, but also a branch to position your feet on so that your not flapping in the wind.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but where is a safety harness? It looks like the "chair" has seat belts, so does that mean if the mechanism hanging it suddenly breaks that the user is strapped in with no chance of jumping free?
    USUALLY THE HUNTERS THAT WERE NEVER ANY GOOD AT HUNTING WILL SHOOT A SPIKE.they just dont know any better and never will amount to anything .......sproulman
    I think meat hunters is another name for "Bad Hunter" or "Low Patience Hunter"....grfox
    Meat hunter=Don't have time/and or patience to hold out for mature buck.....173BC

Quote Originally Posted by LiteSpeed1 View Post
    I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but where is a safety harness? It looks like the "chair" has seat belts, so does that mean if the mechanism hanging it suddenly breaks that the user is strapped in with no chance of jumping free?
    Yeah, i noticed that too. Your buckled in the chair so if it all comes down, looks like you'll be goin for a ride! Maybe you could attach a bungee cord to the top and when your ready to get down just cut it loose. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    John MacPherson
    704 Outdoors Pro Staff

Gear:

Nice!

Holy smokes! Someone else made a similair one! Haha! At least this on looks like it's designed to stay at the base of a tree.

John MacPherson
    704 Outdoors Pro Staff

Gear: