Archery Talk Forum banner

2012 Illinois Rut Report

46K views 645 replies 168 participants last post by  BOOYAH 
#1 ·
Took a look and didn't see a rut report for Illinois this year. Let's make this the offical page to post rut updates for Illinois.

I'll start. I am in Central Illinois and there are signs of the little guys showing interest. Lot's of new scrapes showing up and few rubs. Guessing the little guys. This dip in the weather should help get things going.

#10 ·
I am in the Marseilles area. I have only been out 4 times and I have seen 2 deer. Found a few rubs, no scrapes. I have 3 weeks off in November so I will post what I see.

#11 ·
Co-worker reported seeing 2 nice deer this morning, not sure if these deer were looking around for ladies or just going about their business. On our farm, 2 hours East of St. Louis, the small guys are doing their normal thing, my Dad reported seeing a 125-135 buck making a scrape the other day. Other than that, nothing @ this point.

#16 ·
Nothing going up up here (Ogle/Winnebago cty) as far as chasing yet. A few rubs and scrapes on the field edges (which happen about as soon as they shed. Haven't seen any interior rubs/scrapes...but they will be showign up anyday now.

Was out this morning, had a basket 8 and doe and her fawn come by (separate). Probably should have shot the doe...will tomorrow (Sat.) morning. That's another sign of no real chasing yet...fawns are still w/their moms. Once you start seeing them alone - chasing is going on in your area even if you're not seeing it.

#20 ·
Dad killed a good one this morning in brown county, had a decoy out and the buck came across the field to 10 yds to check it out. Things are starting to pick up.

#25 ·
Been out 4 times.....total of 7 Does......I have seen 1 scrape and rub....looked like a very small buck. Seems things should be getting kicked off in the next week or so.

#28 ·
Bucks are starting to rub and make scrapes here. Saw one of the biggest bucks ive seen in a long time make a scrape about 50 yards from my tree Friday evening. Buddy hunting down the woods from me had a 10pt come in rubbing up every tree he could find. Unfortunately for that buck, he walked by me and my bow was hungry, and now he's in the freezer. Little bucks are fighting and chasing does around, the big bucks seem to be about ready to start chasing

I am hunting Western Jefferson county around woodlawn if that helps any

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.